IF your sales have dropped, listing views dropped, auctions disappeared check this!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-22-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default IF your sales have dropped, listing views dropped, auctions disappeared check this!!

As the title states if you have had a sudden drop in sales, listing views or your auctions are not showing up please check the following and report it to eBay immediately! If your promoted listing campaign option is not working this is another sign.

First! Check the category that eBay is forwarding you to for best match from the main ebay landing page. Make sure the forwarding category actually best matches your product.

The reason?

EBay has been "Cleaning up" they say. They have been merging and or creating new categories. What they are not doing is making sure the search engine re-directs to these new or merged categories. In some categories they are still directing searches to categories that do not exist anymore. In this last situation it creates best match results that are a strange default of listings that do not make sense.

If you saw a huge drop off what you feel is random on your views.
If you notice you search for your item but it does not show up on any page.
If you try to create a promoted listings campaign and your listings are no longer available to do so.
If your sales are not a just a low point but at a close business point for days on end.

This has been happening across many categories and eBay has dragged their feet and we are assuming average sellers have no idea what is going on. Go to the drop down menu on the right after doing a search and see what category ebay best match selected.

Last edited by ONE; 06-22-2017 at 04:06 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-22-2017

Longevity: 72%
Default Re: IF your sales have dropped, listing views dropped, auctions disappeared check thi

There are some weird things about Promoted Listings that make them close to useless, because they don't show up a regular search any more once you promote them.

I tried it every day for 120 days and my sales if anything dropped.

They're just another way to extort extra $$$ from us for nothing. You can't even verify EB's claim that the 'promotion' caused the listing to sell, you just get billed, and my trust in EB is less than zero.
Old 06-23-2017

Longevity: 79%
Default Re: IF your sales have dropped, listing views dropped, auctions disappeared check thi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
There are some weird things about Promoted Listings that make them close to useless, because they don't show up a regular search any more once you promote them.

I tried it every day for 120 days and my sales if anything dropped.

They're just another way to extort extra $$$ from us for nothing. You can't even verify EB's claim that the 'promotion' caused the listing to sell, you just get billed, and my trust in EB is less than zero.
You sure about that? In searches, my promoted stuff is shown. Sometimes more than once, AND my normal stuff also comes up. I can be in search results 2-3 times, during ONE search.