Can I purchase a stealth account from here and use it long term? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-05-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Can I purchase a stealth account from here and use it long term?

Hi,

I am not looking to sell prohibited items or VERO items, I am looking to keep my ebay and paypal running long term. Will buying a stealth account from here be able to work for that? I messed up on my last ebay account and got suspended indefinetely. I just want to sell good items now, but I don't know if buying a stealth account will be able to last me long since I'' pretty sure paypal will start asking for ssn and stuff, if i'm not mistaken?

Also, i am not tech savvy at all, but i recently got a new wifi network. Will that help with anything? Or on my computer, will operating ebay through a new windows user be sufficient?

Thanks for all answers, from a newb
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Can I purchase a stealth account from here and use it long term?

That's the only problem with a "stealth" account using un-matched details. The dirty little secret is you will likely be able to use these accounts up until the point where PayPal asks for a TIN (SSN/EIN). This trigger is likely to come well before you hit the 200/20k in sales tho.

Some members on this forum say the way to keep selling is simply to provide to get an EIN via the IRS website, but PayPal will still want your SSN in addition which they are using to verify/confirm your identity.

The bottom line is that PayPal has long had the capability to cross-reference information with third parties (such as credit bureaus). The SSN request is one way to figure out who your really are, just like a bank would when you open an account with them.

If you have not already done so, it's recommended you get the stealth guide as it contains some helpful resources in this area.
Old 08-05-2017

Longevity: 72%

PP doesn't use the EIN or SSN to 'confirm your identity', they just confirm the number is or isn't 'valid'.

PP doesn't run your info past a credit bureau unless you ask for a PP debit card. PP is not a bank, and they don't do what a bank does.

Names and addresses MUST match but if you buy an account I'm sure they will.

New user accounts will work, but you must log IP's and don't duplicate unless it is cross-checked against the PP and EB user account.
Old 08-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

dallis, I beg to differ. I've seen my credit report (I have a personal PP) and have seen soft inquiries on Experian for PayPal - Omaha, NE) They have only done this twice on the account.

Also their user agreement is pretty clear what they do:

Identity authentication
You authorize PayPal, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate your identity. This may include asking you for further information, requiring you to provide your date of birth, a taxpayer identification number and other information that will allow us to reasonably identify you, requiring you to take steps to confirm ownership of your email address or financial instruments, ordering a credit report from a credit reporting agency, or verifying your information against third party databases or through other sources. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents at any time. If you use certain PayPal services, federal law requires that PayPal verify some of your information. PayPal reserves the right to close, suspend, or limit access to your PayPal account and/or the PayPal services in the event we are unable to obtain or verify this information.
---------------

Just because PayPal is not a bank, they doesn't mean they can't run credit like one. They are in the finance industry and have a permissable purpose to pull credit from any consumer agency they subscribe to even if you do not request a debit card or PayPal credit.

There is another other thread on this topic:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...-accounts.html

Of course this does not apply to all accounts, but do be aware PayPal can attempt to confirm identity whenever they feel like it, for any reason. With a stealth account, that will end up being a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-16-2017)
Old 08-05-2017

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
That's the only problem with a "stealth" account using un-matched details. The dirty little secret is you will likely be able to use these accounts up until the point where PayPal asks for a TIN (SSN/EIN). This trigger is likely to come well before you hit the 200/20k in sales tho.
Just a question, so the TIN request is sent at either 200 transactions or $20k in sales, whichever comes first? That seems like an awfully low number of transactions.

Also, doesn't the EIN have to match up to the registered biz name and address? By my understanding, when they run the EIN, they are given a response as to a) whether the EIN is valid, and b) whether the biz name and address matches up to the one in the IRS server.

Quote:
but PayPal will still want your SSN in addition which they are using to verify/confirm your identity.
Are you sure about this? I received a TIN request from Paypal recently, and the email seemed to indicate that only one TIN was necessary (EIN OR SNN... not both). That is, assuming you upgrade to a biz account
Old 08-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

PayPal is going to ask for the TIN likely before you reach 20k in transactions. it's standard procedure to comply with the IRS. Some people have had some success just adding an EIN (obtainable for free from the IRS website).

PayPal doesn't care so as long as they have some kind of "Tax ID" be it an EIN or SSN. Some people have reported they are being asked to provide both.
Old 08-05-2017

Quote:
PayPal is going to ask for the TIN likely before you reach 20k in transactions. it's standard procedure to comply with the IRS. Some people have had some success just adding an EIN (obtainable for free from the IRS website).
Right, I do understand that and was aware of that part. But how does the "200" part come into play... is it "200 transactions or 20k in sales, whichever comes first" which prompts them to ask for the EIN?
Old 08-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
Right, I do understand that and was aware of that part. But how does the "200" part come into play... is it "200 transactions or 20k in sales, whichever comes first" which prompts them to ask for the EIN?
It's 200 items sold AND $20,000 in sales.
Old 08-06-2017

Longevity: 72%

Nickopedia: You couldn't open a PP in a stealth name if they checked your credit history, and I have a hundred of them, I can assure you that it almost never happens. Just because you give them that right doesn't mean they do it.

Correct, you don't have to be a bank to run a credit check, I could do one if I wanted.

You may have applied for a PP debit card or some other financial service, in which case they would run a credit check.

The correct terminology when discussing taxpayer ID numbers is:

A TIN, Taxpayer Identification Number, is the variant of the SSN usually issued to foreign nationals who weren't born in the US so they can pay US taxes.

An EIN, Employer Identification Number, is the variant of an SSN for a business.

A SSN is issued to a 'natural person' born ( with some exceptions ) in the US. 'Natural person' means human.

A corporation is a 'legal or juristic person'. A Corporation or LLC is issued an EIN.
Old 08-06-2017
Threadstarter  

So what should I do to make sure they only ask for EIN?

Quote:

PayPal doesn't care so as long as they have some kind of "Tax ID" be it an EIN or SSN. Some people have reported they are being asked to provide both.
Old 08-06-2017

Longevity: 53%

Welcome. Careful who you take advice from. People on here speak on stuff they don't know shot about.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topnotchsports For This Useful Post:
inkidiot (07-20-2018), yankee (08-07-2017)
Old 08-06-2017

Your perfectly fine using EIN #. Just be sure to use all your real info with IRS and that you enter the business name exactly the same when adding to PayPal.
Old 08-06-2017

You'll have to switch your PayPal account to business when adding EIN. Which basically means the account isn't registered to the individual anymore, but the business itself. All documents & communication you receive from them will be addressed to "your business" instead of the stealth name used on the account. Hope that helps
Old 08-06-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by topnotchsports View Post
You'll have to switch your PayPal account to business when adding EIN. Which basically means the account isn't registered to the individual anymore, but the business itself. All documents & communication you receive from them will be addressed to "your business" instead of the stealth name used on the account. Hope that helps
But on my last stealth account, when I tried to switch to business they asked for my ssn? I'm sure you're not supposed to add ssn to stealth accounts?
Old 08-07-2017

Payment processor might ban you.You should build a proper business through right methods. They may caught you if you work with short cuts.
short Cuts can work but not for long term
Old 08-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool25 View Post
Payment processor might ban you.You should build a proper business through right methods. They may caught you if you work with short cuts.
short Cuts can work but not for long term
Yes that's what I plan to do. Only I don't know how to get around the SSN thing since I messed up last time and can't use an actual ssn.
Old 08-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliawhas View Post
But on my last stealth account, when I tried to switch to business they asked for my ssn? I'm sure you're not supposed to add ssn to stealth accounts?
They never ask for full SS when you upgrade to business. They ask for the last 4. You simply use the last 4 of your EIN number.
Old 08-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Some members on this forum say the way to keep selling is simply to provide to get an EIN via the IRS website, but PayPal will still want your SSN in addition which they are using to verify/confirm your identity.

The bottom line is that PayPal has long had the capability to cross-reference information with third parties (such as credit bureaus). The SSN request is one way to figure out who your really are, just like a bank would when you open an account with them.

If you have not already done so, it's recommended you get the stealth guide as it contains some helpful resources in this area.
Dont listen to anything this member states. Clearly his stealth skills are nearly non existant.

Paypal CAN NOT run your SS because stealthers DO NOT give it to them ever.

Please nicopedia, STOP spreading complicated, confusing falsehoods to anyone, but especially not new members.

Everything you stated in this thread is confusing, inaccurate and quite frankly pure garbage to helping someone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
inkidiot (07-20-2018), ryujin jakka (10-14-2018)
Old 08-07-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Dont listen to anything this member states. Clearly his stealth skills are nearly non existant.

Paypal CAN NOT run your SS because stealthers DO NOT give it to them ever.

Please nicopedia, STOP spreading complicated, confusing falsehoods to anyone, but especially not new members.

Everything you stated in this thread is confusing, inaccurate and quite frankly pure garbage to helping someone.
100%

I see post like this all the time, and it bothers me because people come Here panicking for answers and you have people just feeding them bs
The Following User Says Thank You to topnotchsports For This Useful Post:
inkidiot (07-20-2018)
Old 08-07-2017

Quote:
No never add a SSN to any stealth account. The only thing they will ask for is the last 4 digits. Which you can simply put in any 4 digits and be fine. I usually use the last 4 of the EIN as well. Just so I know what I put if ever asked for it in the future. I know it seems scary and you feel like your doing something shady. But know that your not doing anything illegal by doing this. No one on this site will ever advise anything that's illegal. But we've all been in your position, and the idea of stealth is to put yourself in a position where you have control of your business, not eBay or PayPal.
The Following User Says Thank You to topnotchsports For This Useful Post:
juliawhas (08-07-2017)
Old 08-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by topnotchsports View Post
No never add a SSN to any stealth account. The only thing they will ask for is the last 4 digits. Which you can simply put in any 4 digits and be fine. I usually use the last 4 of the EIN as well. Just so I know what I put if ever asked for it in the future. I know it seems scary and you feel like your doing something shady. But know that your not doing anything illegal by doing this. No one on this site will ever advise anything that's illegal. But we've all been in your position, and the idea of stealth is to put yourself in a position where you have control of your business, not eBay or PayPal.
That is very helpful thank you. One more question, what kind of info do you have to give up to register for an EIN? Or can i purchase it off from someone? Reason being is that I am under 18 (i'm 17, this is why I need a stealth acc in the first place)
Old 08-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
One more question, what kind of info do you have to give up to register for an EIN? Or can i purchase it off from someone?
Your SS number basically. It is the IRS, so no messing around.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
juliawhas (08-07-2017)