Being scammed by a buyer! I have 60,000 feedback! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-29-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default Re: Being scammed by a buyer! I have 60,000 feedback!

I'll add make sure you keep all evidence and can easily prove you were scammed d. Truth and free speach is always a defense against slander or defamation many lawyers have tried to shut down rip off report and others like it but have failed for this reason
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-29-2017

Longevity: 39%

Also if usps was used. It's mail fraud and that's a Fed crime
Old 08-29-2017

Longevity: 72%

It's not fraud until a court says so. Until then it's an allegation of fraud.

Get your facts straight.

Another case of 'I think I'm an attorney because I watched part of an episode of LA Law once when I was ten...'.

Certainly there's no harm in trying all the advice you're hearing, just don't count the money until it's back in your account.

Just sayin'...
Old 08-29-2017

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 52%

Civil court is highly variable. Usually, they have a limit of 1-3000/5000 dollar suits. It is all depending on the district it is in.

As for your situation, as horrible as it is and I feel for you, I would not pursue it outside of the realm of ebay/paypal. Even if you got it accepted to the docket in your district, the judge would possibly rule against you because of no signature or proof of returned items weight in said box.

This is why you should always have enough profit margin or risk/reward in your business plan to take these hits. I have had several categories that had 5-8 percent fraud rate. You just have to bake it into the price. Good luck with your pursuit of the scammer.
Old 08-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

IT IS a "he said, she said" case, UNTIL you involve the authorities.

Once you contact the police and get a report, THEN it becomes "He said, she DID". In other words, the mere act of obtaining a police report shows you're serious and putting your neck on the line (filing a false police report is a crime in most places). So yes, filing a police report will almost definitely win the appeal for you. Everyone saying "oh eBay hates you and they won't ever side with you" roles over on their back a lot and deserves to get scammed for being such easy marks. If you're willing to put in the time and effort you can get your money back. UP to you as to whether that's worthwhile.
Old 08-31-2017

Try it and get back to us.

We're all very interested to see if EB will give you the $550 based on your word and a police report.

Contrary to Ghost's assertion, filing a police report proves nothing, it doesn't give your claim any instant legitimacy that will make EB's highly trained crack team of CSR experts suddenly see the light and say, "Golly gosh, this guy HAS to be telling the truth, see, he filed a police report, let's just hand him $550 because NOBODY ever files a false police report, that would be ILLEGAL!'.

Filing a police report is an assertion by one party only, it has no legal weight, and assigns no particular merit to a claim.

Aside from the question of jurisdiction, which nobody has addressed at all, the police can barely keep hordes of rapists and murderers under control, and consider these kind of online squabbles to be an utter waste of their time.

Monetary disputes are a civil, non-criminal matter and their advice is going to be to take your claim in front of a judge.

I've danced this dance many, many times, and know all the steps by heart.

Do try, but don't count your money until it's back in the bank.
Old 08-31-2017

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Try it and get back to us.

We're all very interested to see if EB will give you the $550 based on your word and a police report.

Contrary to Ghost's assertion, filing a police report proves nothing, it doesn't give your claim any instant legitimacy that will make EB's highly trained crack team of CSR experts suddenly see the light and say, "Golly gosh, this guy HAS to be telling the truth, see, he filed a police report, let's just hand him $550 because NOBODY ever files a false police report, that would be ILLEGAL!'.

Filing a police report is an assertion by one party only, it has no legal weight, and assigns no particular merit to a claim.

Aside from the question of jurisdiction, which nobody has addressed at all, the police can barely keep hordes of rapists and murderers under control, and consider these kind of online squabbles to be an utter waste of their time.

Monetary disputes are a civil, non-criminal matter and their advice is going to be to take your claim in front of a judge.

I've danced this dance many, many times, and know all the steps by heart.

Do try, but don't count your money until it's back in the bank.
was " EB's highly trained crack team of CSR experts" intended to be sarcasm, or for serious?
Old 08-31-2017

Longevity: 40%

Lmao lmao "EB's highly trained crack team of CSR experts"

No that was serious. Why would he joke about it?
Old 08-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

dallis:

How many times have you personally filed a police report for fraud when a buyer attempted to scam you out of your money? Because I recall several threads where you never made any mention of attempting to beat scammers yourself, you just seem to spew that it "never works" and to "give up". Almost makes me wonder if you're a scam buyer yourself, perhaps thats why you need stealth? Just pondering.
Old 09-02-2017

was " EB's highly trained crack team of CSR experts" intended to be sarcasm, or for serious?

Humor, of course.

Wow, Ghost, truly despicable lame and pathetic.

Accusing ME of being a scammer because you want to blow sunshine and moonbeams and fairy dust up the butt of some poor guy who lost $550... pretty thin stuff.

There's nothing I haven't tried to recover my money over the years, and all of the time and energy and creativity spent ( some of which exceed any suggestion ever made here ) added up to $0 recovered.

As I've said many times, come back here in two weeks and see exactly how much money this guy has recovered.

I've yet to see ANYONE EVER say they got their money back. If I've missed a few it just reinforces the overall odds: once EB gets your money, they ALMOST NEVER give it back.

Pound all the sand down that rat-hole you like, but it's still true.

Business 101: time has value; if the cost of recovering a loss exceeds the loss of possible revenue due to lost time and focus, recovery does not make financial sense. The 3-4 hours spent chasing this could be better used selling 3-4 more $550 products.

Besides, this loss can be used as a direct offset against profit at tax time. The OP may recover as much as he would have profited in tax relief, so it's a wash even if he doesn't recover a dime.

And btw, this unhelpful, personal attack is exactly the response I've come to expect from you.
Old 09-02-2017

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
It's not fraud until a court says so. Until then it's an allegation of fraud.

Get your facts straight.

Another case of 'I think I'm an attorney because I watched part of an episode of LA Law once when I was ten...'.

Certainly there's no harm in trying all the advice you're hearing, just don't count the money until it's back in your account.

Just sayin'...
It's fraud the moment they tried defrauding another individual or company. Your definition makes it sound as if you're innocent until proven guilty, but people still get arrested or held beforehand, it doesn't mean it's not fraud. Enron took forever to unfold, it doesn't mean the fraud has not occurred until the date they were sentenced.
Old 09-02-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

well you both have a point but

Remember ebay has the power to refund you out of its own pocket, it can and often does so, both to buyer and seller - and a police report can prompt that, I have seen some anecdotal evidence on the forums at least, so the thing about them taking you seriously stands more.

Getting anything from a buyer, no forget that, it would mean a court case. Hard, but harder if stealth...

But the other thing is a threat of law enforcement can work on some buyers, worth a try
Old 09-02-2017

So last night I just got $229 out of ebay. Buyer claimed package was empty. He got his money back. I got my money back. Defects all removed. AND I'll probably try for $50 insurance from USPS. Next up is to try and get my FVF back as well.
Old 09-02-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Business 101: time has value; if the cost of recovering a loss exceeds the loss of possible revenue due to lost time and focus, recovery does not make financial sense. The 3-4 hours spent chasing this could be better used selling 3-4 more $550 products.

Besides, this loss can be used as a direct offset against profit at tax time. The OP may recover as much as he would have profited in tax relief, so it's a wash even if he doesn't recover a dime.

And btw, this unhelpful, personal attack is exactly the response I've come to expect from you.
A. You're missing the point.

B. You're not offering ANY helpful advice.

Bottom line: if you go belly up for every scammer out there, they're going to keep scamming.

This is coming from someone who REGULARLY wins disputes in the high fraud digital goods category....As in cases closed in my favor with no refund to the buyer.

eBay WILL side with the seller if the evidence is clearly against the buyer. You must have some sort of proof, tracking, messages contradicting what they claim in a case, something, but if you have evidence, you WILL win.

Example: If the buyer bought an Xbox off you, and it weighs say 14 pounds, and their return weighs 2 pounds, you can bring that up to prove the buyer didn't send what they received.

And yes, you CAN get your money back via a Police report, ESPECIALLY if it's coupled with evidence as mentioned above.

If you really want to screw with someone, get yourself some legal insurance that comes with unlimited attorney letters. There's a service out there for it, can't recall the name but it's great.
Old 09-09-2017

It's a week, no victory dance...

So far, though, exactly as I predicted. No evidence of a refund.

That would be Dallis 1 ( + however many I've said this about in the past ) Ghost... wait a second, had to take time to count, both hands, fingers, toes, calculator, carry the 9, multiply times PI, that would be.... oh, yeah, drum roll... zero. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Nothing.

So the police report worked again... not. The BBB worked again... nope. The post office complaint worked again... whoops, so not. IC3? Nope.

I'll check back again in a week. Maybe you'll have a victory then.

The point is not to give up. The point is to not to spend the money before you see it back in your account.
Old 09-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Yes, because we all know every member ALWAYS updates threads.

Not.

Most people open a thread, get advice, use the advice (or ignore it) and then aren't heard from again until they have a new issue.

OP hasn't even LOGGED IN since August 28th, aka 2 days after he created this thread.

So you haven't "won" anything. Nothing has been proven.

He's made a whoping 160 posts in 3 years. Not exactly our most active member.

But keep telling yourself how great you are, whatever makes you feel good about yourself.
Old 09-13-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Yes, because we all know every member ALWAYS updates threads.

Not.

Most people open a thread, get advice, use the advice (or ignore it) and then aren't heard from again until they have a new issue.

OP hasn't even LOGGED IN since August 28th, aka 2 days after he created this thread.

So you haven't "won" anything. Nothing has been proven.

He's made a whoping 160 posts in 3 years. Not exactly our most active member.

But keep telling yourself how great you are, whatever makes you feel good about yourself.
I JUST LULZZED

ANYWHO..long story short. I was fooooked. ebay even said by the proof i gave them that I was right. but the policy they have they said they HAVE TO SIDE WITH BUYER. they said i could appeal give police report blah blah. probs still lose.
Old 09-13-2017

Quote:
It's a week, no victory dance...

So far, though, exactly as I predicted. No evidence of a refund.

That would be Dallis 1 ( + however many I've said this about in the past ) Ghost... wait a second, had to take time to count, both hands, fingers, toes, calculator, carry the 9, multiply times PI, that would be.... oh, yeah, drum roll... zero. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Nothing.

So the police report worked again... not. The BBB worked again... nope. The post office complaint worked again... whoops, so not. IC3? Nope.

I'll check back again in a week. Maybe you'll have a victory then.

The point is not to give up. The point is to not to spend the money before you see it back in your account.
come on man... You're not seriously here are you?
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (09-19-2017)
Old 09-18-2017

ANYWHO..long story short. I was fooooked. ebay even said by the proof i gave them that I was right. but the policy they have they said they HAVE TO SIDE WITH BUYER. they said i could appeal give police report blah blah. probs still lose.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. EB does help sellers, but it's the exception not the rule, all they care about is their bottom line.

James, what can I say, Ghost's special talent is getting under my skin... it brings out my competitive streak.. I'll do better, I promise.
Old 09-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

You still didn't prove anything. OP never took any advice except yours, just gave up, so yeah, the suspension won't be overturned if he does nothing.

Also, the Filipino reps don't even have the authority to issue refunds that large, you have to talk to an American rep for that. But they're too stupid to even tell you that, so good luck figuring it out on your own.
Old 09-19-2017

Quote:

I'm so sorry this happened to you. EB does help sellers, but it's the exception not the rule, all they care about is their bottom line.

James, what can I say, Ghost's special talent is getting under my skin... it brings out my competitive streak.. I'll do better, I promise.
On more than one occasion, I've gotten huge refunds from ebay. You can't say it's the exception and not the rule. It all depends on how you handle the situation. If you don't know what you're doing, yeah, ebay isn't going to help you.
Old 09-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
On more than one occasion, I've gotten huge refunds from ebay. You can't say it's the exception and not the rule. It all depends on how you handle the situation. If you don't know what you're doing, yeah, ebay isn't going to help you.
I just had a customer say the item was damaged on a $300 item...I requestt picture proof and they said they had no camera...i accepted the return and they sent me baack an empty envelope with tracking....ebay refunded them, but wait they sided with me first and then the buyer appealed and still won haha THIS MONTH HAS BEEN A TOTAL JOKE ON MY END.