Shipping addresses for Stealth accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-01-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Shipping addresses for Stealth accounts

I am pretty sure that this has been discussed somewhere on this forum before but I have looked for a couple days and I cannot find it so I am starting a thread. I have set up several new eBay accounts from other addresses in my metro as well as all over the US. I am being told that the way to start out is to buy stuff using these accounts. No problem. I love to shop. But when it comes to checking out - my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address is listed and that is the Confirmed Address for both eBay and PAYPAL. Obviously, I cannot accept packages shipped to addresses that I used to set these accounts up with - so for the few purchases I have made I have edited the shipping address when I check out of eBay and PAYPAL to my own address. Then my correct address shows up when the Seller prints the mailing label. I would never ask a Seller to ship to a different - Un-Confirmed address (I wouldn't do it for a Buyer either,) and most Seller's won't do it anyway - especially with a new account. In fact, I risk getting turned in for even asking. Still, what I am doing seems very risky and ultimately will get me suspended. So what are my options? Surely others here have encountered this problem and maybe there is a simple answer to it without red flagging your account. Anyone know what to do?
BTW - I always confirm with the Seller that they got the correct address because even when I change the shipping address with eBay and PAYPAL - sometimes they get the original address I registered with. I forward them the Order Details page from eBay and the Confirmation of Payment from PAYPAL -both showing my correct address as the shipping address, and that usually takes care of their concerns. I need to know how to handle this though without blowing all the work I have done setting up these new accounts. Right now I am just using some basically disposable accounts to buy with and saving my good accounts to sell on - but I am being told that I need to buy stuff on these Seller accounts. How do I do this and have the merchandise shipped to me?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-01-2009

Longevity: 86%

1) The absolute best way is jus tbuy something cheap and contact the seller BEFORE you buy and pay and tell them you want it shipped to a different address.

If they agree, then you're good to go. This usually won't work on high ticket items obviously.

2) I have used my real shipping address in ebay have not been linked yet.. but i emphasize YET we will see if this account gets suspended for being linked, so far so good.

3) I have "bought" feedback in the past and have not had issues. I know this way is not favored on this forum, but if you buy 5 feedback over the next 3 days or so , or 1 a day.. you should be alright. Just don't go over board buying like 20 FB's to get a ebay store then start selling high ticket items haha

4) You can just buy crappy items and have them sent to the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address..the concider it the cost of doing business.

---
Ultimately, I think it's best to have just 1 buyer account that is solely used for buying stuff on ebay. And multiple multiple seller accounts
Old 06-01-2009
Threadstarter  

Default Do I need to buy on Seller accounts?

I was just wondering. Will I be under closer scrutinization if I only Sell on an eBay account? I thought you were suppose to Buy on these Stealth accounts to build up feedback and establish a pattern. It would be great to have separate Seller and Buyer accounts. Could that work?
Old 06-02-2009

Longevity: 89%

I believe that eBay is in LOVE with their BUYERS - You are FREE to make a STEALTH account with your REAL information for BUYING

YOU CAN BUY ALL YOU WANT ON THAT ACCOUNT EVEN IF YOUR INFO IS NARU THEY WILL NEVER SUSPENDED A BUYER ONLY ACCOUNT!!!!!

*Another problem I have found with phony addresses is if your selling and printing shipping with a phony address in paypal than your label's return address will be wrong and if your package gets return due to being over weight or if the buyer doesnt pick it up or ships to the wrong address or does a return - YOU MAY NEVER GET YOUR ITEM BACK!!!!

I fix the problem by printing address labels with a sticker paper the same I use to ship (FREE FROM UPS) and then I simply covering the boring factory set return address to reflect my personal websites name and include my personal phone number that way if they have a problem they can give me a call before a NEG return or a dispute ect . . .

Its also good cause people will call you to place repeat orders over the phone - when you talk on the phone with your customers allot of trust is gained and a steady business relationship can start!!!

Old 06-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^bulldust. Although a buyer account has LESS scrutiny than a seller account, the use of Naru'd info on a new one can cause the account to be suspended. Better to have a variation.
surcerouche (03-24-2011)
Old 06-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Default Return address

In the past I have just printed out the USPS mailing labels through the PAYPAL payment and then I just cross the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address out and write the correct one next to it. I do that on the PAYPAL packing slips too. I have had a couple Buyers suggest that I was dishonest because of this but at least the return address will be correct if the package needs to be returned. I don't trust Buyers to email me prior to shipping a package back. It is an extra step when I am packaging up sales - but a necessary one I think. I am still wondering if I can use an eBay account only for selling? I just don't see a way to have my purchases sent to an UnConfirmed shipping address and I don't see how a few small purchases can really make a difference to eBay when accessing an account. They would have to be very small purchases for me not to care that they are shipped to a made up address and I never get them.
Old 06-22-2009

i have this problem i want to buy stuff using my stealth account but obv not going to put in my real ady on ebay, couple of auction are immediate payment and even though emaild seller didnt get a reply
Old 06-22-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

There's two ways to do that. First email the seller before you make the purchase. Second a few people here have added there address as a shipping address in Paypal without getting linked.
The Following User Says Thank You to lakeman For This Useful Post:
surcerouche (03-24-2011)
Old 06-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

ooh, never ever add naru address as pp shipping address, why would you..
Old 06-22-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Oompaloompa, Have you read this thread?

Specify old postal address on paypal payment note?
Old 06-22-2009

Longevity: 93%

Hello all,

This is going to start being an issue with the new Ebay dispute process. I have set up a return address in Paypal, that is a friends that I can ship returns back to. Likewise, in the event of a claim, I simply click this address, and not the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one.

I have a dispute now where the buyer does not want to ship to this address, even though it is in Paypal.

He called eBay and they informed him to ship to the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address....

Now, the real problem will be for all of us who use ⊗⊗⊗⊗ eBay addresses. We will all need to start using PO boxes or something for buyers to send returns...
Old 06-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
Oompaloompa, Have you read this thread?

Specify old postal address on paypal payment note?

just read it, people do all sorts of things and get away with it nine times out of ten, but it makes no sense to me, if you get a limited paypal , they may see address youve added in past, look it up and find its a naru..I think the best way to buy is the ask before you bid strategy, then privately email them the address.

Caution, had one muppet actually email my naru address back to me via ebay messaging, just to confirm and have it on record - well at least he stopped short of posting it on my feedback!
Old 06-22-2009

I understand what you're saying oompaloompa. I would have never thought of trying that myself. But since someone here said they do it and have not had any problems doing it, I thought I would suggest it to someone who is need of a solution.
Old 06-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

WTF waste a stealth account just to 'buy' something on an immediate payment listing. Unless it's some personal item of Paris Hilton maybe, but to do it otherwise is asking for trouble
Why have a stealth account and have no access to the address regardless of where or what the address might be
Plan & think clearly to be in stealth mode.
Old 06-22-2009

Agreed Greenbean!
Old 06-22-2009

Longevity: 89%

Po boxs are good to but usps post office boxs are all on file so try to find a local po box like in a checkcashing place
Old 06-22-2009

I work for the post office and allthough your information is on file with them, it is nothing that gets given to someone/company upon request especially NOT ebay/paypal. The only reason they ask that information is to be sure that you are a US resident and the only people that can even request your box holder info is government agencies (child support/law enforcement, and I have never seen any of that even happen). So no worries there if you just need an address for ebay/paypal. Also, you can have ANY addressed mail come to that PO Box. If your name is Jane Smith....you can have mail go to that box for John Doe without doing ANYTHING! We have to put ALL addressed mail for that box in that box UNLESS the person actually comes in and requests that only THEIR mail gets put in that box. It is the law. So if there is a piece of mail that says Jane Doe Po Box 52 and another piece that says John Smith Po Box 52 then both pieces will get put in Box 52. Hope this helps someone!