eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Ebay dispute process & shipping address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/11669-ebay-dispute-process-shipping-address.html)

TMiles 06-22-2009 02:47 PM

Ebay dispute process & shipping address

Well everyone, eBay has introduced a new issue.

If a buyer opens a dispute, eBay will print a shipping label for them to return the item. They will send it to your registered address, unless you have set up a different address for shipping.

If the address is not real, the package will be undeliverable. EBAy will then ask you to update to a correct address for which an item can be returned.

This has implications for anyone with a stealth account.

I am starting to like Aspkin's idea of simply including return labels in the box....However, if you get a pissy buyer, who still opens a dispute, you might have issues....

Jonas 06-22-2009 03:31 PM

Isn't this for PayPal only, though?

aquariusvc 06-22-2009 09:29 PM

oh :-( bad news now.

GreenBean 06-23-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMiles2564 (Post 92712)
However, if you get a pissy buyer, who still opens a dispute, you might have issues....

Might be a problem with an extreme class of buyer. However I am finding that sending out a letter thanking them for their purchase & including shipping labels
for any possible returns is going OK. Not had a problem as yet.... does mean quite a bit of brown nosing but wth:rolleyes: Being ready from the start with 'our' accounts should not be too great of a problem. :peace:

oompaloompa 06-23-2009 01:54 AM

thing is worried some buyer in a dispute might blab your return address, ie just for the record returned to blah blah email...

inverser 06-23-2009 02:35 AM

Perhaps one could send a short FAQ along with the item explaining how to return the item in case of defect or dissatisfaction. And of course include a paragraph stating that the item must be shipped back to a "distribution warehouse" or "Return Merchandise Center."

TMiles 06-23-2009 06:15 AM

I agree with GreenBean. However, some of this depends on what you sell and the class of buyer. If you sell electronics, there is a proclivity of some buyers to go in with the attitude that many items are not genuine.

I sold an LG phone that had a serial number that could be traced on the LG website. A buyer jumped to the conclusion that the item was not authentic, because the battery was dead. His quote was that he had never seen a dead battery in a cell phone, so by default, the item was not real.

My point is that it only takes one buyer now to mess up your account. So, we all need to have a back-up plan. Unfortunately, no matter how careful we are, certain buyers will file disputes. With the dispute process now in eBay's hands and not Paypal, the chance of linking accounts is greater than before.

TMiles 06-23-2009 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 92716)
Isn't this for PayPal only, though?

Jonas,

Its eBay now, not Paypal. As of June 15, eBay is taking over the role of handling disputes...

GreenBean 06-23-2009 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 92767)
thing is worried some buyer in a dispute might blab your return address, ie just for the record returned to blah blah email...

Read what inverser suggested: the address differs because the return item goes back to the warehouse- distributor;). Ask ebay to argue that:fight:

TMiles 06-23-2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 92785)
Read what inverser suggested: the address differs because the return item goes back to the warehouse- distributor;). Ask ebay to argue that:fight:

You are correct my friend. This what I always tell them. Basically, the "return" address in Paypal/eBay is my "⊗⊗⊗⊗" address. When asked the difference, I simply state that it is the warehouse.

Now that Ebay is actually printing the shipping labels for disputes. If the address is "⊗⊗⊗⊗," the package will be undeliverable. Likewise, in the case of a dispute, we will all need a valid address, maybe a PO box, for which to accept returns....