DHL - shipment on hold with customs - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2009
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
if you get a seizure doesnt you address get blacklisted?
has anyone had seizure then had parcles through unopened to same address after that?
after i got a seizure i switched addresses to be on safe side..
how do you know you got a seizure?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-27-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollybee View Post
Maybe this will help.....I import from China on a very regular, high volume basis....my supplier strictly uses DHL.....the Customs state it goes thru is Wilmington, OH rather than the New York Hub that EMS uses....which is WAY stricter.

I have been importing for 2 years now and have encountered very little issues BUT I have had packages held and it is not necessarily a "destroy or seizure" issue. It can be very simple....such as DHL has not sent to them the proper paperwork and it can be just a matter of a Compliance Hold---where customs is awaiting proper paperwork from DHL themselves......very easily resolved. It can also be that they did do an "exam" and package is being held because it couldn't pass due to just something as simple as not proper scan label.

Here is the number to DHL Customs/Importing Issues: 1-866-600-0014. I use this number regularly and they are VERY helpful....they can immediately pull your info. from your tracking number when you tell them you are calling re; a package delivery delay. They immediately open a case and track your package and get all the info. as to what the problem is...they call you and update you everyday by 5:00 pm---take down the name and number of the agent you first speak to as this will be your contact always from this point.

It really sometimes can be very easily resolved with 1 phone call. Good Luck
i'm a bit leery calling dhl for fear of them paying to much attention to the parcel. i might just wait and see what happends. the items are vero items.
Old 07-28-2009

Longevity: 94%

It's up to you, but honestly, they don't ask you anything about the parcel whatsoever. They simply run the number and tell you if they have any information on it. It truly can be as simple as DHL themselves needs to do a release of some sort---improper paperwork got sent and needs corrected.

IF it was seized, they will tell you that also, but will still never ask you what the items were. I personally would rather know....there is a Big chance it is caught up somewhere for no good reason at all and once they are alerted you have not received it, they can start the process to do so. . . . they do handle thousands of packages per day and things can easily get lost in the shuffle.
Old 07-28-2009

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
i'm a bit leery calling dhl for fear of them paying to much attention to the parcel. i might just wait and see what happends. the items are vero items.
2 weeks usually is the time it takes for US Customs to assess the tariffs on the contents and then release it back to the carrier to finish the delivery. You'll know about the release by tracking your package online. Depending on the amount of the tariffs you could negotiate that with your shipper, to split it, for example, if the total cost still makes sense for you to make a profit. If you decide not to pay the tariffs, you could refuse the delivery and the package would be sent back to the shipper. If your seller doesn't want to refund the whole amount I'd recommend to abandon any business with them. You will win the paypal dispute, since the seller is unable to verify the delivery of the shippment to the buyer, if you refuse to accept it, or it's confiscated by the US Customs.
For future:
a - do not get large vero shippments, it's safer to go small.
b - get the shippment "mistakenly" sent to a zip code starting with 4,5 or 6, not 9. It'll pass the Customs smooth and will be forwarded to your address. West and East cost Customs hubs are strict and tend to slap a lots of tariffs.
c - for small shippments try to always use EMS and for the large ones (over 25 kg) the UPS; it is safer delivery route.
The Following User Says Thank You to stealth For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollybee View Post
It's up to you, but honestly, they don't ask you anything about the parcel whatsoever. They simply run the number and tell you if they have any information on it. It truly can be as simple as DHL themselves needs to do a release of some sort---improper paperwork got sent and needs corrected.

IF it was seized, they will tell you that also, but will still never ask you what the items were. I personally would rather know....there is a Big chance it is caught up somewhere for no good reason at all and once they are alerted you have not received it, they can start the process to do so. . . . they do handle thousands of packages per day and things can easily get lost in the shuffle.
hi,
the shipment was under a ficticious name (female name). i called dhl..and gave them tracking number, they then repeated to me the ship to information. I then asked them why i haven't receiveed it yet, they said they needed to contact customs and see what the holdup was, they then asked me for my name.....well, i kinda of froze up because the ship to address is a female name and i couldn't tell them the female name because i'm a male....i panicked and then pretended i had a bad connection and hung up :(

any advice?
Old 07-29-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

You should have given the female name and said she was your boss and you are just an employee told to find out what's up.
Old 07-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

it sounds like a seizure, the shipper wont give that info as its not on their records or at least not yet, if it is, you will get the letter in the post a week or two saying that it will be destroyed or claim it etc..
Old 07-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

Quote:
has anyone had seizure then had parcles through unopened to same address after that?
Oompa, what exactly does it mean to be "blacklisted?"
Old 07-29-2009

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
I've had one seized, and no problems since. i'm almost positive the searching is random, and they just pick a few. I've had 1 opened and seized (i assume it was opened) and i've had 1 opened and gone through no problems. they were two different items but i do not think there is a blacklist or anything like that, but i may be wrong. i've only had one opened since my seizure, but all the others have gone thru customs no problems at all. most of them go thru San Fran, including the one that got seized.
Old 07-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
it sounds like a seizure, the shipper wont give that info as its not on their records or at least not yet, if it is, you will get the letter in the post a week or two saying that it will be destroyed or claim it etc..
well it's been more then 3 weeks since tracking shows it's in L.A.
when will i get the letter? i'm eagarly awaiting the outcome of this
Old 07-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

I hope its not a seizure, but it does sound like what happens, a kind of long pause in the online tracking, where you call the shipper and they say they dont know anything, meanwhile its in a customs queue for letter.

About blacklisting yes, well just read it on another UK forum, I think if its a contraband or copyright issue they do keep a note of your address, and if they get another parcel it is opened.

Dont know for sure if its true for sure..its just too serious an issue to mess with, IMO, after a seizure, switch to another box/address
Old 07-29-2009

Longevity: 94%

I agree and would definatley give the female name you used---seriously, they care not about any of that---could be a friend you ordered for that is out of town--mother-sister, etc.

I have had this happen.....simply needed to call the DHL # I listed for you and give tracking info. they do put in a request to customs to see what is going on with package....if it is a seizure, they will tell you that under a polite---unfortunatley Customs is not allowing your package to enter the US---or wherever. One of my packages was held up for 3 weeks just because DHL was not providing the proper paperwork needed for entry---had nothing at all to do with the contents. DHL has their own team of import brokers that handles all this and is privy to all info.

For the other question about "Blacklist"....at least in my instance in the USA, I have had a package seized---personal use handbag and wallet---few clothing items---all "vero"....received the "letter" and just let em' have it.......didn't fight to receive it. I had received hundreds of packages from China prior to this and to date have received hundreds following that 1 isolated seizure. Have had 1 package not be allowed---all generic stuff just due to missing proper electronic UL notations---was sent back to shipper--not destroyed and sent back to me again with no issues
Old 07-29-2009
Threadstarter  

ok..just spoke with DHL.....customs does have it. what kind of luck! i haven't bought anythign from china before and the first time i bought something, it ended up being seized, now i'm out of $1800 :(
what exactly does the letter state????
you stated that after you got an item seized you still had hundreds after that without a problem, but were they vero items?
Old 07-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^amount gone up by $1000?
Each and every shipment coming into US customs gets handled differently. This is because a different staff member does the work. Maybe bite the bullet and speak to them again to get this resolved.
Old 07-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Each and every shipment coming into US customs gets handled differently. This is because a different staff member does the work. Maybe bite the bullet and speak to them again to get this resolved.
original amount is $1800, they said they would give me half refund, but they never did!!! arg! i can't afford to lose this money....i'm not making anything right now selling on ebay, a lot of my suppliers of items i'm selling (non-vero) has gone out of business....i'm needing to find ANYTHING (even vero) to sell to support myself and family......
Old 07-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
it's vero item, i know i'm wrong...DHL told me they don't know exactly the problem, but they said custom did tell them it was trademark infringment problem, they told me to call customs and sign authorization or something, but then i would have to pay some kind of fee..they did not know how much. This is a lost cause, cause i know, i'm not "authorized" to get this vero stuff.
Old 07-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

OK, I hear you. DHL have a contract to deliver the items. So go back to them, ask for a team leader. Tell the team leader you are getting the right royal jerk around. Ask for a more concrete answer to the delivery problem. Customs will have said the items are held because of a 'xyz matter'. That should give you an idea of what to do next...
Old 07-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
OK, I hear you. DHL have a contract to deliver the items. So go back to them, ask for a team leader. Tell the team leader you are getting the right royal jerk around. Ask for a more concrete answer to the delivery problem. Customs will have said the items are held because of a 'xyz matter'. That should give you an idea of what to do next...
hi greenbean,
basically it's "we have your stuff, it's ⊗⊗⊗⊗..if you think we made a mistake, submit paperwork"
i guess it's the risk we take when buying vero from china.
Old 07-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

I do not suggest you sign anything or admit anything, just drop matter. The law may get involved otherwise. If ever asked, you know nothing about order..
Old 07-30-2009

Longevity: 89%

Forget about getting the package , But do a chargeback on the CREDIT CARD or PAYPAL . To get your money back ...thats what i did 2 times in the past ...I will tell you this i dont have any insider info with EBAY or PayPal .. but i do have some with Customs as my neighbor is a Customs Agent and he told me a year ago that they have some new data sytems in place that will go into full effect sometime in 2010 and that you will be lucky to get more than 1 or 2 packages before they will flag the address .He said they are starting to feel the heat from companys blaming them for allowing the bad stuff to get into the usa .That info and vero is why i slowly got away from that stuff .
Old 07-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

I'm sure customs gets a lot of grief from the high end companies. They lose A LOT of money from people that are importing ⊗⊗⊗⊗ products.
Old 07-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

exactly what I heard too, times are hard and vero owners are annoyed