eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Is it safe to use the confirm your bank account instantly feature? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/12883-safe-use-confirm-your-bank-account-instantly-feature.html)

webguy 08-22-2009 12:40 PM

Is it safe to use the confirm your bank account instantly feature?

I couldn't find a straight answer to this in the forum.

I am signing for another paypal account and I was wondering if it is safe to use the verify your bank account instantly option?

Does it matter or should I use the 2-3 option?

The name on the bank account is mine and the account is stealth.

aribragin 08-22-2009 01:12 PM

i think its better to use the 2-3 day option....just because of the single fact that you are putting in your bank account log in password into a paypal screen....they may sign in to your account themselves and do there own ackground check on you.... i wouldent do that if i were you....and for paypal to say your info is safe with us, ye ok............

webguy 08-22-2009 01:18 PM

Yea, your right. That was a dumb question anyway. I just choose the 2-3 day option.

sdot10 08-22-2009 01:51 PM

yeah id wait. the extra 2 days

TigerLord 08-22-2009 02:03 PM

I would never give Paypal access to my online banking info...N-E-V-E-R. Not even over my dead body. Even if I were dead, I'd come back as a ghost and hack their system to erase it. :smash: :smash: :smash:

iamaseller 08-22-2009 03:34 PM

2-3 days always

... only site I give my login credentials to is Quicken and even then, I'm very cautious.

OfficialGenius 08-22-2009 04:43 PM

Would it reduce your chances of receiving limitations if you do it instantly though? Because I can just put a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account if anything...

Isparana 08-22-2009 04:50 PM

If you set up false info address wise for ebay and paypal, how do they send you your paypal card so you can take your money out?

GreenBean 08-22-2009 05:06 PM

You miss the point: although the name is stealth , you need to have access to the address.... paypal card, item returns, codes from paypal if there are problems etc etc etc:peace:

To the OP, you can give instant access. Aspkin has used this facility as have others. There is a likelihood that a third party does the verifying work. So by choice I do not use the serivce :peace:.

GreenBean 08-22-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OfficialGenius (Post 100574)
Would it reduce your chances of receiving limitations if you do it instantly though? Because I can just put a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account if anything...

Tell me why are you bothering with stealth if you think that putting a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account will help you? Nowhere is it recommended to do this.
Bottom line, use paypal, be prepared for limitations.Simples

oge 08-24-2009 04:04 PM

Is it safe to use the confirm your bank account instantly feature?

This is what happened to me when I tried the instant feature. Names matched address didn't according to this email it seems like PayPal is cracking down.

Your bank account could not be confirmed instantly

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,
We were unable to confirm your SunTrust Bank account through the instant confirmation process.
Minor differences between your bank account and PayPal account can hinder confirmation. We need to make sure the information matches precisely so your financial details are protected.
To confirm your bank, we will make 2 small deposits (less than $1.00 USD) into your bank account. You'll need to:
Check your bank account in 2-3 business days for the exact amounts.
Click Confirm Bank Account from your Account Overview and enter the 2 amounts.

Once you have confirmed your bank, you can:
Make payments from your bank accounts.
Transfer money between your bank and your PayPal account.
Enjoy the benefits of being verified, including a higher spending limit.

Thank you for using PayPal.
Thanks,

PayPal

x2ruff4u 01-19-2010 10:44 PM

lol...then I must be crazy

roywaller 01-20-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerLord (Post 100550)
I would never give Paypal access to my online banking info...N-E-V-E-R. Not even over my dead body. Even if I were dead, I'd come back as a ghost and hack their system to erase it. :smash: :smash: :smash:

:amen: lol

aking 01-20-2010 01:21 PM

I confirm my bank acounts instantly all the time. Just did one the other day. I have not had any problems to date.

kingfish900 01-21-2010 02:52 AM

2-3 day option is the way to go.

hangten 01-22-2010 02:54 PM

This is maybe a bit too late for oge, but maybe someone else might find it useful.

But when that happened to me it was because I had used that same bank login information with an account that was suspended. So in short the same bank, login and password is already in the 3rd parties system. So your kinda linked.

So for an example,
-I did an instant verify with 1 paypal account
-It goes limited
-I open a new bank account with same login info
-I open a new paypal account and instantly verify
-Then I got that message.

Your best bet is to change your login name and password then try again or the most reliable way is the 2-3 day deposit. Even though its pennies on the dollar, get as much as you can from paypal LOL.

Paypal does use a 3rd party to confirm your login info, you can see that in small print on the instant verify screen. Or you can also do a search for it on paypals site.

I would have to agree with Tigerlord. Never give your info to paypal, and if you do you should change your login and password ASAP.

siccspitz 06-08-2010 03:16 AM

thanks for the info
now i know where i messed up

write 11-19-2010 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by TigerLord View Post
Quote:

I would never give Paypal access to my online banking info...N-E-V-E-R. Not even over my dead body. Even if I were dead, I'd come back as a ghost and hack their system to erase it.
yes , brother !

MtnDew 11-20-2010 10:34 AM

its been confirmed by people that have been here a long time instant verf. works...that said i dont do it either :)

HurricaneHuntr 11-20-2010 03:05 PM

Hangten, there is no 3rd party logging. that would be an INSANE security risk, bigger than even us. So i call BS on that one.

And i have done the instant verifys as well, suntrust didn't work but nationwide worked.

holymoly 11-20-2010 08:37 PM

The amount of people selling VBA's that verify instantly are going down. If they account is straight out BAD not the real number...don't do it.

It would be ok if you have the account with a name variation and address variation.

But, as GB says...you can always be on the safe side and wait the 48-72 hours.

doughboykilla 11-20-2010 09:48 PM

Yeah never do instant confirm cause think about it paypals skumbag employee's can go in your bank account any time and look at all the accounts u have open then cross ref them to any limted accounts u might have had through paypal and then limit u cause u have had a limited account in the past.

If u add a bank to paypal before 4pm that day u will have the small depoists at like 8am next day. so thats only like 14 hours to wait