Creating Watchers - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-04-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Creating Watchers

I have searched ebay rules, and the web, and can not find the answer to this question. Is it against ebay policy if a person has MANY accounts to watch their own auctions? Does anyone know?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-04-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

I believe you can have up to 3 person accounts at a time; though if something happens to one account (suspension), it'll happen to the rest of your accounts. It's better to manage one account at a time, unless you feel confident enough to handle multiple accounts without linking them.
Old 10-04-2007
Threadstarter  

I could be wrong about this, but it is my understanding that there is no limit to how many ebay accounts a person can have. I have had more than three, for years. What I am wondering though, is if you can have more than three accounts, is it within ebay policy to be a watcher from all of those accounts?
Old 10-04-2007
Administrator

What do you mean watcher? Like shill bidding?
Old 10-04-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
What do you mean watcher? Like shill bidding?
No, not shill bidding, watching. In an ebay auction you can select the watch button, so that you can watch other sellers auctions. What I am wondering is if one person has say 100 user id's, is it within ebay's policy for them to log into 99 of their accounts and watch the auction in their one account?
Old 10-04-2007
Administrator

If eBay finds you have 100 or so accounts.. I'm sure that's a red flag and they'll shut you down. It's not a good idea to say... have more then 5 accounts linked.
Old 10-04-2007
Threadstarter  

This is probably a no brainer. Sellers can not see who their watchers are, and there is no way to find out. We can only see how many watchers we have. But can ebay see who is watching who?
Old 10-04-2007
Executive [VIP]

I'm 99.99999% sure eBay can see who's watching who.
Old 10-04-2007
Threadstarter  

I am wondering if a person had one account they sold from, and many other accounts they only used to watch their other auctions from if this would cause them to be suspended. In other words you actually select the "watch this item" feature when you view your auction in a separate sellers account that has a different user ID. Does anyone know if accounts get suspended that do not sell or buy, and never have? I have accounts on ebay that I registered long ago, but I have never sold from or bought from these accounts. They are just there in case I want to sell a different line later and need to use a different account.
Old 10-05-2007
Threadstarter  

Modee - No not guest accounts. Accounts you actually set up with a user ID, but you don't give credit card info. A guest account does not count as a watcher. An example would be, let's say that your ebay user ID is Modee, and you are selling a waffle maker. I go in as a guest look at your auction for the waffle maker and select "watch this item". It will show up in my watched items as an ebay guest, but when you look at your list of watchers my selected watch of your item, will not even register on your end because I am a guest on ebay. Now if I have a user ID on ebay and I look at your auction for the waffle maker, and I select "watch this item", then you will see that you have one watcher. ebay has done this to keep people from manipulating the system, attempting to boost up their own watcher list. Used to you could delete your cookies and go in and select watch again and again for someone else's auction and wrack their watcher list up. But ebay figured out this little trick, and it can't be done any longer. Perhaps if you are going through AOL like I saw in one of the forums here. So, this is why I am wondering if ebay becomes suspect of accounts that are not selling or buying. As I said before I have a number of accounts that are just sitting there that I have not yet sold from. I know you are less likely to get kicked off if you have had an account for more than 90 days. I have accounts that are years old. I go in and look at them sometimes to make sure they are still active and they are. I have never sold or bought from them. So, I am wondering, If ebay would start picking at accounts that are created and only used for watching.
Old 10-05-2007
Executive [VIP]

I just use bookmarks in Firefox for my overall listing pages of all my accounts. Much easier
Old 10-05-2007

lolz... what the hell will u get out for watching ur own items...
Old 10-05-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

yeah, whats the point of building up a watchers list?? There is no advantage advertising wise in doing this
Old 10-05-2007

i got caught once (i think) by watching my own items. i was adding them to my watch list before they were even showing up in searches. i would use the item number. lost all four accounts they were related in that way. of course it may have been something else that triggered the suspension. i think it's just another negative strike they can use.
Old 10-05-2007

i think the thread starter needs to clarify himself what exactly is he asking...? i think he is asking if the accounts can get linked and suspended if u watch ur own items from other accounts which r not used for buying or selling purposes... if that was the question then yes it might be a possibility.. but in my experience if the info is totally different bw two accounts even if u shill bid u cant get caught...
Old 10-05-2007
Threadstarter  

Gee Whiz, sorry for all the confusion.

Modee - What I mean by look at them, is I will go in as if I am checking to see feedback, and see if the account is still active or if it has been suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbid View Post
i think the thread starter needs to clarify himself what exactly is he asking...? i think he is asking if the accounts can get linked and suspended if u watch ur own items from other accounts which r not used for buying or selling purposes... if that was the question then yes it might be a possibility.. but in my experience if the info is totally different bw two accounts even if u shill bid u cant get caught...
Powerbid - Yes I am asking if I have say 100 accounts that I have registered with ebay with or without a credit card, and I never buy or sell from those accounts, but I use 99 0f those accounts to watch one auction in ONE account can I be suspended for that? Does that make sense? As for why I want to watch my auction, I guess you guys don't realize that the more watchers you get the greater your chances are of being on the ebay pulse. So, I am trying to figure out if it is against ebay policy for me to watch one of my auctions from my other 99 accounts.
Old 10-05-2007

seems like too much hassle.. you should just spend the time listing new things you can probably get more watchers that way!
Old 10-06-2007

i have never heard that thing about watchers putting you on the "ebay pulse". do you have any info to back that up?

you can have all the watchers in the world and still get no bids on the item.
Old 10-06-2007

nah i dont agree at all.. its just a time waste.. if the thing u r selling is hot.. like ps3 it is automatically ebay pulse lolz.... rest if u sell crap and think if u watch by creating million watchers u r just wasting ur most valuable time.. on top of that u r worrying too that those 99 accounts which u created by taking so many precautions can get linked and suspended... wosh wat a nightmare.. i m already getting ulcer pains just reading the concept
Old 10-06-2007
Threadstarter  

Getting on the pulse increases attention to an auction, and increases sales, because if it's on the Pulse, it's guessed to be a hot item. I thought you guys might know the answer to my question, so I asked. I do appreciate all your input, and sorry to have waisted your time. Hope you have a great day!
Old 10-06-2007

if you have read this watcher concept anywhere can u give us the link so we can get more claer idea wat u are saying.. secondly ebay is not so stupid that it will totally rely on watchers to generate its ebay pulse and determine that its a hot item... there r so many things which are calculated..for example: how the user found that listing??... what keywords are used to find that particular listing or item...? is there any site reffering? how many people are searching for it? and bla bla bla
Old 10-06-2007
Threadstarter  

To view the criteria for getting on the eBay Pulse go to this link:
eBay Pulse