Seized By US Customs- Next Steps? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%

I just checked usps website and found that the second box with dvds was released today, and the first box with wallets will be here tomorrow!!
Inbound Out of Customs, November 04, 2009, 2:51 am
Inbound Into Customs
Inbound International Arrival, October 22, 2009, 1:16 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Foreign International Dispatch, October 20, 2009, 9:57 pm, SHANGHAI EMS
Now I'm more nervous, I wonder if the dvds will work at all, do that means Customs think they are the official released in mainland China like the seller told me? the bad thing is that both boxes are coming into my house. I went to the post office to open a po box but still need to open another po box somewhere else to get the mail redirect it, and found something online that says give you an address in texas, can anyone suggest a company to receive packages and redirect mail? Those two boxes were my first time and I don't wanna keep making mistakes or taking risk of anything, I would appreciate any comments thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
where was your friend from?
It does not matter, does it? Respect everyone's privacy.
Old 11-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdiv View Post
Now I'm more nervous, I wonder if the dvds will work at all, do that means Customs think they are the official released in mainland China like the seller told me? the bad thing is that both boxes are coming into my house. I went to the post office to open a po box but still need to open another po box somewhere else to get the mail redirect it, and found something online that says give you an address in texas, can anyone suggest a company to receive packages and redirect mail? Those two boxes were my first time and I don't wanna keep making mistakes or taking risk of anything, I would appreciate any comments thanks.
If Customs have released the dvds & you have no notice of duties/tax, then the goods have been allowed to 'land' (ie come into country & your possession). Customs may have no further interest in these dvds. That Customs may have interest in the seller or yourself is not known.

tbf, I don't think you need to go as far as an inter-state redirect company. Get delivery of the items first & make sure every thing is fine.
Then look at getting the boxes in two suburbs close to you. Now say you are Joe Smith, you can put AllMightyDollar Toys as the name on the po box. You give ID to say you are you & AMD Toys is a trading name
any problems, pm me
Old 11-05-2009

Oh thank you so much, I've been selling items on ebay for the last 10 years in all the countries where I have lived but mainly my own things , I'm a big of bargain hunter as well, now here in the states thinking about what to do with my life I discovered online "Asialand" were all dreams come true lol and started ordering items innocently and zaz!! this customs thing happened!, I found this website and it has been a blessing, I still have lots of things to sell and listing a few every week combined with other things i sell like make up, but it's not like I have 100 items listed, thank you so much Green Bean and everybody. I'll let you guys know what's gonna happen tomorrow with the fist box arriving
Old 11-05-2009

Greenbean, just notice your Australian flag! that's the place where I started my ebay account! although i brought more things from there like a towel, a kangaroo and my hubby ;p
Old 11-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^Quite a lot of us have had the same happen with Customs & it scares you heaps. Look forward to an update tomorrow

we x-posted! Prefer kangaroos myself
Old 11-05-2009

Don't dream to much coffee or won't be able to sleep tonite , oh it's day time for you there
Old 11-06-2009

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
where was your friend from?
Nothing personal or not trying to hide nothing, but that would be irrelavant in this case. All I was trying to conclude was stay humble when things are passing customs. When you relax and think everything is good to go, the next shipment is when you will get a letter or in my friends case, someone personally delivering the goods that you would not expect. Trust me, we joke with him all the time that he must have been VIP when you get them to hand deliver your goods.
Old 11-06-2009

Longevity: 90%

well, i was just wondering if your friend was from either of the coast (west coast or east coast) where it has to pass through customs. To have an actual custom agent come to his location would mean a great deal of travel unless your friend was on either of the coasts....was just wondering about that.
Old 11-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

nobody, stop now. Stop.Stop.Stop. You ask more questions than a policeman.

FYI, there are INTERNATIONAL airports right thro'out the USA. Each airport has a Customs agency attached to it. Ergo, said Customs officer might only have driven 5 miles. Yes to a degree cargo comes into certain hubs but not always
Old 11-06-2009

Got the 2 boxes today, they were sealed with clear tape and chinese characters all over it, inside the same thing, I didn't find any note or seal saying opened by customs. Dvds are legitimate, the wallets all well packed. I opened my po box now and looking to open another one next week to redirect my mail.
Old 11-06-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

Interesting- the package that I was talking about above now says it was cleared by customs just yesterday...almost a month and a half later. That is certainly a shock. I don't know what to expect. Has this ever happened to anyone before?
Old 11-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Great to hear,domdiv. The PO box idea will work in your favor for successful ebaying
Old 11-06-2009

Thanks greanbeans. Upsidedown my packages were held for 2 weeks
Old 11-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
Interesting- the package that I was talking about above now says it was cleared by customs just yesterday...almost a month and a half later. That is certainly a shock. I don't know what to expect. Has this ever happened to anyone before?
Had 7 weeks wait about 15 months ago. Tracking info literally stopped in Hawaii.
Then out of the blue, got a phone call from DHL to advise of release. Gave away the idea of that item
Old 11-06-2009

New Poster here. Our items fly through all the ports, EXCEPT for New York. I think there is some deep dark pit where they throw all packages until they want to get around to getting to them! LOL

Also, in my experience EMS shipping and then transfer to USPS tracking is notoriously spotty. It is definitely not on par with FedEx and UPS for detail. Sometimes I experience a two day delay with info being fed into the USPS tracking system. That is, I find out two days later that the item was ACTUALLY delivered two days ago!
Old 11-06-2009

Longevity: 84%

I sold a Peavey Guitar Amplifier 4 years and shipped it to Japan and it took 3 months for the buyer to get it as it was shipped via UPS. They held it in customs forever they called me and asked me questions about it just about everyday and wanted me to fax pictures of it and receipts from when I bought the item. (which i didnt have so i ⊗⊗⊗⊗d some).
Old 06-11-2010

Longevity: 80%
Default letter from NHL after customs seized

I had a few jerseys seized by customs when I ordered these from china. A month later, I recieved a letter from the customs, which I ignored. A week later, which is today, I recieved a letter from NHL requesting information such as source from where it is coming from, surrender any merchandize I may have, provide information on sold jerseys and revenues earned and provide written assurance that I will refrain from such activities.

At the end, they mention 'We require your full cooperation with the above mentioned items in 2 weeks. We look forward to your timely response'.

Has anyone ever recieved this letter? Any suggestions you can offer me would be helpful.
Thank you!
Old 06-12-2010

How many jerseys? I mean more than 5? was this your first time? Did they go through NY? I have a package that arrived by NY last June 3th and hasn't been delivered yet
Old 09-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Always ignore letters
Old 09-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbzia786 View Post
I had a few jerseys seized by customs when I ordered these from china. A month later, I recieved a letter from the customs, which I ignored. A week later, which is today, I recieved a letter from NHL requesting information such as source from where it is coming from, surrender any merchandize I may have, provide information on sold jerseys and revenues earned and provide written assurance that I will refrain from such activities.

At the end, they mention 'We require your full cooperation with the above mentioned items in 2 weeks. We look forward to your timely response'.

Has anyone ever recieved this letter? Any suggestions you can offer me would be helpful.
Thank you!

BEST ADVICE = IGNORE IT

Do nothing, say nothing.
Old 09-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

forummember is right and aslo change address and find another good experience supplier and good product
Closed Thread