MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Trademark Violation, limited selling history??? wtf?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-09-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Trademark Violation, limited selling history??? wtf??

Dear '' '' ''

You recently listed the following listing:

''
''
''

Your listing has been removed.

- Limited selling history

You may also consider these tips to help improve your listing:

- Including additional photos, taken yourself, of the actual item offered in the listing (multiple angles may be helpful to buyers)
- Check the spelling of your text or description, including product and brand names, to make sure there are no errors

For a safe shopping experience on eBay and to make buyers feel confident about their purchases, we will at times remove certain listings from the site.

Unfortunately, your item was removed because of the way it was listed.

To make sure you're following eBay policies and to help you avoid listing removals in the future, please take a minute to read and understand our selling guidelines. Go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/rules.html

If you have any more questions, chat with one of our policy experts any time from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM MST. Get started by clicking the link below.
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...rmat=1&pid=830

You may need to take a tutorial. If it's required, you may be asked to take it the next time you sell. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tutorial/...ial/intro.html

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. We understand that you may be concerned about this situation.

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/ques...ing-ended.html

Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. We review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

listing removed because i need to take my own pictures????
or have i been reported by a competitor?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,903 Times in 8,196 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 83%

Competition reported - done.
Old 09-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Competition reported - done.
how can you be sure? will i be fine if i change the title listing around?
Old 09-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,903 Times in 8,196 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 83%

You should be but I am fairly sure someone is messing with you and reporting - need to switch things up a bit more.

In some circumstances, I even have this feeling that your listings are competing with someone who is much closer to eBay than you figure so that = automatic report by him.
Old 09-09-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

I agree rsot.
Old 09-09-2010

Longevity: 82%

Like rsot said it could very likely be a competitor however, I got this violation for something different. It was mostly my fault because I didn't know better at the time. I listed an item as "used" and used a picture of a new item and got that exact message. I know for sure it wasn't a competitor because I had lots of listings of the same item and that was the only one that had ever gotten taken down.

It was the only time I ever got a violation for this item and it was the only time I had ever listed it as used. The reason was because a customer returned it and I couldn't sell it as new. So, in essence I used the same picture as I would a new item and sold it as used which got me the violation.

The only part different was the "Limited selling history" part, I didn't get that in my e-mail. A bit off topic but, does anyone know how to fight a competitor listing removal? They aren't VeRO so they have no right to flag your listings in my opinion. It's probably been mentioned on the forum already, can anyone give me a link to the thread where this was discussed?

-Albert Einstein
Old 09-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Looks like a third party reported you, probably a competitor. Happens from time to time, nothing you can do but return the favor and move on.
Old 09-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
You should be but I am fairly sure someone is messing with you and reporting - need to switch things up a bit more.

In some circumstances, I even have this feeling that your listings are competing with someone who is much closer to eBay than you figure so that = automatic report by him.
so what do i do, by changing a few things around? i never had this problem...i only sold like 4 of these items? like comon is ebay seroious?
Old 09-09-2010

rsot is absolutely right. I have been reported by VERO, and also had the message you got, and they are two different sources. I can't get into details, but I know for a fact that competition reported you.

There are ways you can word things, where even your competition can't hurt you. I am actually at peace with my competition, and share secrets with them. Even trade material with them. I haven't had any violations in over a year.
Old 09-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhell View Post
rsot is absolutely right. I have been reported by VERO, and also had the message you got, and they are two different sources. I can't get into details, but I know for a fact that competition reported you.

There are ways you can word things, where even your competition can't hurt you. I am actually at peace with my competition, and share secrets with them. Even trade material with them. I haven't had any violations in over a year.
so what can i do now is change the title around, take my own pics? and hope i wont be reported again, or am i on the watchlist with this account now? am i safe to list the same items?
Old 09-09-2010

Most definitely take your own pics, I never use stock photos. And in the listing, leave out key words that will lead them to believe you have sketchy items.
The trick is to lure the right people in, but at the same time, steer clear of any words or phrases that would set Ebay off (it varies from item to item)

Years ago, I tried to eliminate my competition. I knew their items were shady, but they carefully worded everything so that even when I reported them, nothing happened.
Old 09-10-2010

Competitor reported you.

If it was VERO, you'd get slapped with a copyright email and get limited.

When they ask u to take ur own pics, it means someone reported u for selling their item/listing.

Stop questioning how we know.. we just do.

How to fix it? Take ur own pictures and redo ur listing from scratch. Don't take any words from anyone else's listings. Once you have your OWN PICTURES UP (u can even go as far as having ur eBay name in the picture), you shouldn't have any more problems. I keep getting slapped by these emails when I started out. Started taking my own pics and never got this problem again
The Following User Says Thank You to digirally For This Useful Post:
aribragin (09-10-2010)
Old 09-10-2010
Threadstarter  

ive been selling the item for 3 years now and always used stock photo, first time this has happened. i hope this season it wont be hard to play with them.. right before homeland security and irs getting involved with ebay, once that happens ...it all done for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digirally View Post
Competitor reported you.

If it was VERO, you'd get slapped with a copyright email and get limited.

When they ask u to take ur own pics, it means someone reported u for selling their item/listing.

Stop questioning how we know.. we just do.

How to fix it? Take ur own pictures and redo ur listing from scratch. Don't take any words from anyone else's listings. Once you have your OWN PICTURES UP (u can even go as far as having ur eBay name in the picture), you shouldn't have any more problems. I keep getting slapped by these emails when I started out. Started taking my own pics and never got this problem again