New selling limit message? This is a new one.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default New selling limit message? This is a new one..

I tried to list something on an account where I haven't sold for about 4 months. I haven't paid the fees on it for probably 3 months (was past due and suspended due to non-payment) and just re-instated it about 2 weeks ago. This is the message I get when trying to list:

Quote:
At this time, you can't list any more items with this account. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

eBay occasionally places limits on accounts in order to help keep our community safe. This limit isn't a reflection on you -- these same limits apply to many sellers.
DSR and everything is still good. I wonder if this is a new way for eBay to punish non-bill-paying sellers? Though the account is in good standing now.

Initially, when I unsuspended the account by paying the invoice, I was able to list 1 item (didn't sell). That was around 2 weeks ago. But now, I can't list. Or maybe, another thought, it's the end of the month and eBay is calculating the new selling limits and therefor it can't list. Since I noticed the selling limits are always from 1st to 31st.

Last edited by imjustme; 10-30-2010 at 12:33 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-30-2010

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Weird, possibly a mistake? I would contact ebay via chat and see what they say.
Old 10-30-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I don't really want to do that. I don't like attracting attention to my accounts. :D
Old 10-30-2010

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

What's your other option? To throw away the account?
Old 10-30-2010

Longevity: 86%

Ebay will do this on newer accounts if you havent received "enough" feedback versus the number of items you sold.

So say you recently sold 100 items within whatever time frame and only got say 13 feedbacks, they might be all positive with decent to high DSRs, but there isnt enough "facts" yet as to if you are a "trusted" seller or not in ebay's eyes.

once you get some more feedback you will see that you will be able to list again within about 30 days
Old 10-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

Lakeman is correct! Try the chat to solve your problem. Just by contacting them via any communication may show them that you show interest in YOUR account insted of fleeing from it, which is probably what they want to see. If you run...you may never be able to sell on that account again.
In my opinion its worth a shot.

Good Luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to waterproof For This Useful Post:
lakeman (10-30-2010)
Old 10-30-2010

Have you guys ever worked an office job, and noticed when an employee reports a problem to corporate, even though they've done nothing wrong, it never looks good in the eyes of headquarters. The person filing a complaint is always looked at with extra scrutiny when you report a problem.

I've witnessed companies fire the plaintiff, and not the defendant, just to replace him with a new, non-complaining employee, and move on faster; back to making money, than taking the time to investigate the matter.

I agree with imjustme. For those of us who choose to fly under the radar with eb, don't call them with a problem. If the fees have been paid, that's frankly all they care about. This is a business, their goal is profit, not compassion for your problem. Just as we use them to profit, they expect those fees paid in return. It's a fair give and take if you work the system, but don't complain to them. They don't care and they'll only grow suspicious about your account from that point forward. I put this in the same category as canceling/blocking bidders, and requesting final value fee waivers. Even though it looks like a legitimate option to solve your problem with repeat non-paying bidders, who rack up fees on you in the process, it just looks bad and goes against what ebay wants from you in return for using their site to sell. Profit, not complaints. Some people think when they speak up for themselves and report a problem to authority, they are helping their cause, but they are actually hurting it by bringing negative attention to themselves, to their account.

Last week, the ceo of eb was on Fox business network, discussing how eb is making changes to gain the confidence of buyers/bidders, and reporting their quarterly profits, to gain the confidence of current shareholders, and gain new ones from the audience listening for stock tips. I also recall him saying that their complaints have dropped, though we don't know if that's a fact, or something said for the audience to gain confidence in the company.

I say it was a glitch, not a flag. That's a new limit message neither of us has seen before. The fees have been paid on the account, so I think it's temporary, more of an issue with their system at that time. Maybe the first non-fee paying suspension creates a flag, even if you pay the fees later and release the hold, but I'm leaning more towards it being a glitch. Keep us updated imjustme.

Last edited by newageinc; 10-30-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-30-2010

newageinc, I completely agree that it's better not contacting ebay/pp and bringing attention to yourself. However if the account won't let you sell, WTH should you do?? Just forget about the account?? You have nothing to loose if the account already has a problem...
Old 10-30-2010

I'm in a similar situation where one of my accounts was not suspended indefinitely, but accumulated a past due amount that wouldn't allow me to list until payment. I paid the total balance, but now it's stuck in a loop with the automatic payment method check, that I'd already done for this account. Gotta do it again, but it's glitching out. eb has it's glitches, but if your fees have been paid, you've met their sole requirement from you as a seller.

My goal to avoid this from happening again, and wasting days on clearing limits, is to pay the fees on all accounts well ahead of past due selling holds, and make up for the extra fees of NPBs with more offense and increased sales, making those fees a smaller fraction of my profits. I know it'll be a task with the holidays coming up, during the best time of year for sellers to gain customers, it's the worst time to aggressively sell on eb. In the US during summer, more people are out for vacation and sun, not at home or at work bidding, but products geared towards international sales maintain. There is a work around to everything in business, just gotta find it.

If an account's balance has been paid, I think it'll work out. If not, there's gotta be a work around, without calling corporate. If the account hasn't been hit with a MC, and fees paid, the issue should work itself out. It's more a matter of when, do you have the patience to wait for the temp limits to play out, is the account worth waiting for to keep it, or variate the products over to a different account to keep the sales going meanwhile.

Last edited by newageinc; 10-31-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-31-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I just tried to list about an hour ago, and it works again. :D
Old 11-01-2010

Told Ya! You must have gotten some feedback.

this isnt a "new" thing ebay is doing. Its been around for years. Happened to me on all my accounts I have had....
Old 11-01-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Nope, didn't get any feedback. I didn't even sell anything before I got that message, but it was at the end of the month and I'm assuming that eBay was updating the selling limits counter on the account, and while that happened, it didn't let me list.
Old 11-01-2010

Hmmm......guess there really is no real reason ebay does anything huh??.....either way, I am glad it worked out for you.....was worried that little erectile problem might happen to you again......
Old 06-28-2011

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
I tried to list something on an account where I haven't sold for about 4 months. I haven't paid the fees on it for probably 3 months (was past due and suspended due to non-payment) and just re-instated it about 2 weeks ago. This is the message I get when trying to list:

DSR and everything is still good. I wonder if this is a new way for eBay to punish non-bill-paying sellers? Though the account is in good standing now.

Initially, when I unsuspended the account by paying the invoice, I was able to list 1 item (didn't sell). That was around 2 weeks ago. But now, I can't list. Or maybe, another thought, it's the end of the month and eBay is calculating the new selling limits and therefor it can't list. Since I noticed the selling limits are always from 1st to 31st.
Hey got the same thing regarding the same issue you had. They had me on limit selling 10 listing at a time. Because when I first started out I guess I was too hasty in terms of selling and then got slammed with "we want to know more about garbage." So I was able to bull **** the lady at eBay customer service very well and got slap on wrist with "your only allowed to list 10 items on ebay at time. The account I had, had ssn and everything.

Now I got the same message as you bro. I am not happy about it. I paid feebay its listing cost. I don't think its the issue of paying them. I guess when your limit to sell 10 things at a time and with some fluke on the eBay system sell 30 items at time. I guess they woke up and then placed a limit on me.

At this I guess I need to create 5 stealth accounts that will have limits of 10 items at time which I'm fine with. Although hate the leg work is going to be bad. Money is money at the end. No one gets it easy
Closed Thread