eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   vacation mode for regular listings? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/28034-vacation-mode-regular-listings.html)

pod 02-08-2011 07:27 PM

vacation mode for regular listings?

How to Put Ebay on Vacation Mode

Is there a way to temporarily remove/hide listings?

I know stores have some kind of vacation mode. I have been hammered with orders this week, hard. I need some breathing room. I want to suspend my eBay listings for a while. But I dont want to close them altogether

PayPal is on my ass for the huge spike too. I'm now getting 21 day holds on eBay sales, again, after it being removed months ago. So I certainly do not want to do anything that may look suspect like ending all listings either

But my stand alone site is rocking and for now I want to put ebay down for a nap for a couple weeks.

Any way to do this? That isn't going to freak anyone out?

Thanks

Ebay Vacation Mode

kris 02-08-2011 07:38 PM

I dont think so Pod.

I sometime see sellers have a note at the top of the listing saying something like "This seller is away on vacation until February xx. You can place the order now, but it will not be shipped until February xx."

Of course, most buyers wont see this, or choose not to, and then leave you negative feedback for long shipping times.

pod 02-08-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris (Post 203487)

Of course, most buyers wont see this, or choose not to

Thats the clutch. They wont care and I'll get killed...

I think I will just phone PayPal tomorrow and tell them I need to lighten the load and am going to suspend eBay for a while. If they have a problem not much I can do. I don't want 10 negs because I didn't ship fast enough...

Fact is my site is doing so well I want to put eBay to bed for good until sales slow up.

TGMT² 02-08-2011 08:33 PM

Just get the eBay store for 1 month and cancel the store when you're done.

The eBay store runs on a month to month basis. In your case the $16 sounds like it would be worth it just to be able to use the "Vacation Setting".

pod 02-08-2011 08:36 PM

Good plan. Can I dump live listings in to store? Or would I need to redo them all for store, then delete live?

TGMT² 02-08-2011 08:40 PM

I'm pretty sure everything will go into your store.

Vacation Settings will not work with auctions though, those will have to run their course or be canceled.

pod 02-08-2011 08:44 PM

Thanks. All are BIN so no worries

I'm still worried with PayPal watching me like a hawk vacation mode wont wig someone out. They have called me 3 times in the last 10 days to make sure all is well because of the big spike

I'm not worried about any issues. But I do not want yet another 3 week limit waiting for delivery confirmations. I have a dozen orders out there overseas so its always a long haul waiting... Things are rolling hard right now and that will just put a dent in the flow

holymoly 02-08-2011 09:11 PM

All live listings go to store. BINs transfer w/o problems. Sometimes the auctions have to be double checked.

kris 02-08-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pod (Post 203489)
Fact is my site is doing so well I want to put eBay to bed for good until sales slow up.

Congratulations! This is a problem I think most of us here would like to have. Good for you man.

pod 02-08-2011 09:44 PM

I've been experimenting hard with adwords the last 4 months or so and its very very effective

With just $800 a month on adwords I have gotten sales up to 4 times what they were

Double what I get on ebay for $300 plus in fees. So more sales and no ebay = Adwords rocks

So for now anyway, I have no use for eBay and its nut job buyers

It wont be so cut and dry for everyone depending on the product. But for me it works well. I cant stand eBay and its crap. Some pin head gives me 1 star on delivery because they didn't get it noon the next day my search results get put in the basement... Nice system.

I had a buyer off my site email and ask why he didnt receive the item he ordered the night before yet. And I didnt have to kiss his ass and tell him how sorry I am he is an idiot. I was nice, but I got to tell it like it is and not beg him not to kill me.... That feels good