My question is similar other threads, but wasn't quite sure if mine fit completely.
Here is my story. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1.I had a guy buy a wireless router from me on Ebay. He received the item exactly 44 days ago and then messaged me saying that the item wasn't as described. (It was new in the box, so this was ridiculous a statement. I think he just didn't know how to use it)
2. I responded right away and offered a full refund if he sent the item back to me. (Irritating, but he was still just barely with in the 45 day parameter and 20 days left of leaving a possible neg feedback)
3. After I agreed to return the item, he opens a "Item not as described case". I am perplexed. I already agreed to refund the item if he sends it back.
4. I responded to the case with, "Will agree to a refund when the item is sent back"
5. Days go by and the customer doesn't contact me.
6. After 4 days of waiting, the customer says he will send it back but can't find me address anywhere.
7. I respond back with my address and explain that it was on the envelope I sent along with the Paypal transaction, but he never writes back and I haven't seen the item in the mail and he certainly hasn't sent me a tracking number.
So... I don't know what to do. Ebay has frozen these funds until there is some resolution. My question is, do I escalate this to a claim or do I just wait around for this wifi router-challenged man to contact me back? If he never responds, will this just stay open forever? Someone gave me advice that Seller should never escalate to a claim on Ebay??? Is this good advice. I have never come across anything like this and don't know what to do.
Also.. I would like to add this guy to my blocked bidder list because my gut instinct it starting to tell me he might be bad news. I have never done this before, but have heard of other people doing this. If I do this while the case is still open, will he know he has been blocked? What do blocked bidders see?
That's my story. Please let me know if there is anybody out there that can relate.
Thank you all in advance for your help!