Those that sell computer parts *mainly ram/memory) beaware of these guys - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-30-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Re: Those that sell computer parts *mainly ram/memory) beaware of these guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by liwade View Post
careful with this scammer. This person uses different users and different names, but uses the same address. the user and the name you are using now is:
TWUEX Computer LLC
14547 155th St
# T3209
Jamaica, NY 11434
The person at this exact address won my eBay auction! What should I do?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Those that sell computer parts *mainly ram/memory) beaware of these guys

Read the thread and make decision grinningcow - perhaps you should make efforts to cancel the transaction
Old 03-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Send them an invoice with outrageous shipping charges.
This way they cannot pay.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
MM78 (03-31-2014), unkown5454 (03-31-2014)
Old 04-27-2014

Longevity: 57%

I just had some RAM sell to:

TWUEX Computers
70 McCullough Dr # T3209
New Castle, DE 19720-2066
United States

by a user with minimal feedback and a gibberish gmail address. I ain't saying it's the same guy but I'm also not saying it isn't. No payment yet; I've requested to cancel the item. Seems like an old story; thought I'd post this here to give it some Google-fu.
Old 05-03-2014

Wish I would have googled his address before mailing my ram. Dirt bag. I will check before shipping anything else.
Old 05-04-2014

Longevity: 58%

I shipped it to the guy with signature confirmation, so I know for certain that the package was received at the destination address. Took a large chunk out of my revenue, but It's been over a month now and so far nothing has come up (however I didn't get any seller feedback either).
Old 05-04-2014

I've been thinking about this and maybe they're not necessarily scammers. If they're using a forwarding service like this, they probably don't know much about the packages before they get forwarded on, slowly, to Hong Kong, and they definitely don't have someone opening the packages. Delivery tracking notifications are gonna be the best way they have of knowing whether a package has come in to the forwarder or not before the eBay package-not-delivered window expires.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like people who have run in to trouble with these guys are almost universally shipping using services that don't provide tracking numbers. Claiming that all packages without tracking numbers weren't received isn't the friendliest default but they may not have any way of knowing whether they were received or not. Protect yourself and always use tracking may be the moral of the story.
Old 05-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%

Haha, tracking will do nothing against this type of sc.am.

Please don't try to portray these cri.min.als as innocent people. Read the entire thread and understand what is going on here. This is a seller's forum and we protect ourselves. We do not coddle. This is not a game to those of us who have been ripped off time and time again.

Thank you, as always, to those who expose the snakes in the f**king grass.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (05-05-2014)
Old 06-17-2014

I haven't officially been scammed *yet* but I just noticed today that the buyer "herm_rook" is 'no longer registered on eBay.'

This piqued my interest so I googled his address:
TWUEX Computers LLC
70 McCullough Dr
# T3209
New Castle, DE 19720
United States

Paypal payment was made under the name: LAU wing yiu

And I wound up here....wondering what's gonna happen. Sounds like it is the same guy as everyone else has posted about.

I did use signature confirmation.

Anyone else been scammed recently?
Old 08-23-2014

Longevity: 56%

Hi everyone,

Be careful; as of august 21, 2014, this mot***f***er is still active and the scam is the same...

He buys memory from you, and the first thing you know, he files in a Paypal complain.

A few details seems to be common to everyone:

The name is always the same: Lau Wing Yiuu
Company name: TWUEX Laptop LLC

when he tried to screw me, the address was:
70 McCullough Dr
# T3209
New Castle, DE 19720-2066
United States

After I found a few links that were talking about this *******, I called Paypal, and told them, the I thought I was being scammed. I explained that I found a few pages, that described his mode of operation, and that I would like to send the pages to them for evaluation.

Once the agent looked at the scammer's name, she told me " it's kind of ironic: I just forwarded the same name this morning for further investigation. I'm ruling in your favor right away !"

I did not had any tracking number, but she was able to quickly realize that it's a scammer !

If anyone needs backup, I'd be more than happy to provide them my claim number to help them !

Good luck all !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jouellet For This Useful Post:
Foreveryoung789 (09-24-2014), unkown5454 (08-23-2014)
Old 08-23-2014

Longevity: 80%

hes stupid using the same paypal for this long.
Old 09-22-2014

Longevity: 55%

Called eBay and brought the person with the following address to their attention that person was likely committing mail fraud, and told them to google the person's address and look what was being said about this person's activities, eBay launched a investigation at my request, I'll be watching to see if they have been NARU'd or not, because of privacy concerns eBay can't tell you what has been done but if found guilty they will take care of it.
I didn't get scammed because buyer couldn't make payment from a Non-USA PayPal account due to my settings, I cancelled the auction, put it on Craigslist and if it sells fine, if not that's fine also. Plus I cancelled the Sell Globally option on all of my auctions.

First Time posting here, so Hi Guys And Gals!
Old 09-24-2014

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Avoid international shipments altogether, if you notice a PO Box address, usually has the hash symbols, avoid it.
Old 09-25-2014

Longevity: 55%

Looks like eBay listened this time after I made a call to eBay support about this eBay bidder ch_hk59 but I'm pretty sure the guy will be back most likely.

I got the following message yesterday: "We had to cancel bids for the buyer, ch_hk59, because they aren't registered on eBay".

I'll let you know later if my auctions get targeted or not.
Old 09-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterlero View Post
Looks like eBay listened this time after I made a call to eBay support about this eBay bidder ch_hk59 but I'm pretty sure the guy will be back most likely.

I got the following message yesterday: "We had to cancel bids for the buyer, ch_hk59, because they aren't registered on eBay".

I'll let you know later if my auctions get targeted or not.
Very easy for him to get back on eB as a buyer...
Old 10-30-2014

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranmyaku View Post
I haven't officially been scammed *yet* but I just noticed today that the buyer "herm_rook" is 'no longer registered on eBay.'

This piqued my interest so I googled his address:
TWUEX Computers LLC
70 McCullough Dr
# T3209
New Castle, DE 19720
United States

Paypal payment was made under the name: LAU wing yiu

And I wound up here....wondering what's gonna happen. Sounds like it is the same guy as everyone else has posted about.

I did use signature confirmation.

Anyone else been scammed recently?

Shipped the memory to this address 10 days ago (2 transactions) and just received an email from eBay about these buyers. eBay already suspended these guys from their website and hopefully I don't have to go through the disputes with PayPal.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 10-30-2014 at 03:12 PM. Reason: personal infomation
Old 10-31-2014

Longevity: 67%

^^
you should have shipped an empty box