Those that sell computer parts *mainly ram/memory) beaware of these guys - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-01-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Those that sell computer parts *mainly ram/memory) beaware of these guys

Dean Collins: When did ebay remove the rights to leave bad feedback about buyers? Scroll down and read the comments at the link

At that link above..there are a few guys or a ring of guys in Hong Kong..that use American addresses and they rip people off by claiming they have not recieved their PC or Laptop memory/ram,etc or its defective and will send back you ram that is different than what you sold them..in other words..it'll be the same but broken or no good. They never leave sellers feedback..they will only leave a seller feedback if you cancel their order or refuse to ship to them after they BIN your item you have for sale on ebay. ...so if you sell any computer ram/memory on ebay and someone buys your ram/memory..take quick look to see if they leave sellers any feedback and if you see none and all they buy is ram/memory..try and do a double check on their ebay name and shipment receivers name via google....you may find a bit of info on them if they happen to be scammers..just a habit i've gotten into after getting ripped 3 times when it comes to computer parts. Man..people are getting really shady lately on ebay..i talk to a lot of people on ebay's community forums for many years and im not the only one that noticed this neither..a lot of other long time ebayers like myself have noticed a definite increase of rippers...i suppose desperate times means deseperate people..but im a firm believer in what goes around comes around.

The main guy right now that is buying up all the memory from people goes by the name of tvbuddy2013 or google this name i got in bold text YSYSO Prebbiebeadman and you will see this guy uses or "these guys" use a ton of alias ebay names and have went through hundreds of ebay accounts and still to this day they still keep on ripping people off that sell computer ram/memory ...they buy only pc ram/memory because a lot of times its low cost items and very light weight so half the time people do not include delivery confirmation...which i know is stupid not to include even on low cost items but still...ebay and paypal refuse to ban this guy or goup of guys and they always use the name YSYSO Prebbiebeadman in the name of the shipping receivers name ...ebay has terminated many of their accounts but every account has used that YSYSO Prebbiebeadman and it blows my mind ebay keeps letting this happen.

Anyways...just a heads up..take a peek at the link above and near the bottom you will see people replies with the newest ebay usernames that they are using...like currently "tvbuddy2013" is what is being used by him or them...not sure if its a group or just one man.

Luckily ..i caught him after he bought some expensive ram off me..i always do a quick google search on ebay uesrnames before i ship just to see if i find anything in particular on this person and so i googled both his ebay username (tvbuddy2013) and i also googled his shipment receivers name (YSYSO Prebbiebeadman) and low and behold i found all this crap about him or them.

Even their paypal account says (non u.s.-resident) or what ever it exactly says but yet uses a u.s. address. I heard from someone that is trying to get this guy shut down is that what he or they are doing is using some United States shipment acceptance store and than it gets shipped off to Hong Kong which is where this guy or these guys really reside.

At the very bottom of user replies...here is his latest victim.

------------------------

XXXXXex XXXXevens February 27, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Just got hit with this scam 2x2 GB of ram from my mac mini. I hope Paypal does the right thing.. they should have a blacklist of addresses...

tvbuddy2013
mui_daisy@yahoo.com.cn

YSYSO Prebbiebeadman
14547 155th St
# A9198
Jamaica, NY 11434-4205
United States

------------------------

So again..just a heads up

Last edited by Moegames; 03-01-2013 at 08:10 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%
Default Re: Those that sell computer parts *mainly ram/memory) beaware of these guys

We used to sell parts to south America and people would switch the hard drive casings just to have a valid s/n and get a refund
Old 03-06-2013

Longevity: 64%

The same thing happened to me! How did you resolve? PayPal doesn't give an option to dispute the dispute. Where is the seller's protection?

I'm on hold waiting to speak with PayPal. Ugh.
Old 03-07-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

I haven't read the whole article but how can this work? Surely it would be opening lots of cases which would raise a lot of suspicion
Old 03-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

The address is a Chinese Shipping Company. They are most likely using this address and having the parts shipped out to China.

Old 03-20-2013

Just sold some RAM and saw this weird name, so I Googled "YSYSO Prebbiebeadman" and landed here. Now I'm thinking, WTF did I get myself into?

I know eBay isn't kind to sellers. What do you guys recommend I do? Should I still ship the item and make sure to add tracking, insurance, signature confirmation?

Current Info:

Lau Wing Kiu
kahofong2013
wendycalvin225@yahoo.com.hk

Shipping address
YSYSO Prebbiebeadman
5160 Rivergrade Rd
# A9198
Baldwin Park, CA 91706-1406
Old 03-20-2013

Longevity: 66%

There is a solution for this , back in the days lol( 1 1/2 years ago) there where alot of this type of Scams , order your own supersticky hologram and put it on everything you sell, buyers can NOT pull it off without leaving marks and if they do copies of your holosticker they will need to put in Some of their own money

Marked text: not gonna happen
Old 04-10-2013

Angry

this guy is a crook open a case about an item he purchased from me for $14 and some change. I was outraged and quickly escalated it to paypal case..good this I keep all my purchase records ..I won the case, but not before giving paypal i piece of my mind about that guy and what he's been upto. I really hope paypal/ebay wise up to this guys scheme!

omg that's the same guy who bought RAM off me and opened a case against me..won the case though!

tvbuddy2013
mui_daisy@yahoo.com.cn

YSYSO Prebbiebeadman
14547 155th St
# A9198
Jamaica, NY 11434-4205
United States

So again..just a heads up

Last edited by TGMT²; 04-12-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Old 05-19-2013

Longevity: 63%

I sold some RAM to tho person also and before I shipped I found that they are scammers. I called Ebay and Paypal and they both shut down off of the accounts this person had. They saw that they had 742 feedback in just a few days and realized it was somehow hacked. The Ebay representative found several more accounts and shut everything down. My guess is that they will set up a new name and start it over. I emailed the buyer asking them to respond tot he bad articles I found about them in an internet search but they never responded. If this happens to you do not ship the item until you get some communication back from the buyer.
Old 07-07-2013

Longevity: 62%
Default Just got the same scam.

I checked my Paypal today and found that this individual, or group has gotten me as well. On the Paypal dispute the name is listed as Lau Wing Kiu, but the address and name that I shipped to was:

YSYSO Wing Yiu
5160 Rivergrade Road A19198
Baldwin Park, CA 91706

I just went through a whole rigamarole with Paypal and eBay about buyers filing claims and causing negative balances, just being vindictive. I do believe that I have sold my last item on eBay.
Old 07-09-2013

Longevity: 80%

ALWAYS be wary of addresses ending in the letters A-Z followed by a BUNCH of numbers...
Old 07-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Here is what the place looks like:

Old 09-19-2013

Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Those that sell computer parts *mainly ram/memory) beaware of these guys

****! looks like I got hit by the same guy....Really paypal? could you not have called me? Instead they try to email you in which their crap most likely gets sent to spam because of all the fraud that happens.

I rarely sell things so once I could withdrawl my funds, I did. I didn't bother with tracking because, really 20 bucks was not worth to track it.

Today I went to go buy something with my paypal that I rarely use and OH LOOK NEGATIVE DOLLAR amount plus fees. WTF.

I countered the dispute but after it was already closed and of course Paypal the dummies they are go here you go china man. I recall a time I lost money on an item I bought and it dragged on for months before they even gave me anything back but this guy gets in in like 2 weeks. FML
Old 11-23-2013

Longevity: 60%

Today I got an order for RAM from user: watchnewwatch (this ysyso guy)

When I went to print the shipping label I noticed YSYSO and remembered something fishy with it. I googled and found many people have been scammed and quickly refunded the money and let them know about all of the forums around talking about how scummy they are. I also reported them to eBay and informed them of the transaction where he previously bought RAM from me (oct 4 2013), waited 29 of the 30 days to notify Paypal of item not received (I assume they wait till the very last day they can open a case as its most likely you've lost the tracking info by that point) I then provided the tracking that I did have they the case was closed in my favor. SUCH A SCAMMER!!!

Dont send anything to this user and add them to your blocked buyer list under site map at the bottom of any ebay page if you sell RAM or computer parts.

I hope eBay can block this crap face for good. Seems they just keep making new user names.

Good luck everyone,
Old 12-03-2013

Thumbs down Re: Those that sell computer parts *mainly ram/memory) beaware of these guys

I sold Mac RAM to this guy in late October, and today I got a Paypal complaint and chargeback that will stay in place till they make their decision on things. I posted what I could, but won't be able to look for my receipt till later. I also escalated the complaint. Someone suggested I call Paypal later, which I'll try (I've emailed them as well).

The ID this creep used when he bought from me was highenduser2013. It was opened and shut within a month and there were over 500 purchases. I've contacted a few people that sold stuff to him and two so far have responded saying he pulled the same with them.

I had a bad feeling about the address from the get go, but let it go. I wish I hadn't. Surely Paypal has to have better record keeping than this and to let this happen so much??
Old 12-14-2013

Longevity: 59%

Hi. I'm another eBay fraud victim here.

Here is my story and info:

eBay/Paypal Item Not Received fraud: YSYSO Wing Yiu : Scams

I was defrauded by ebay user watchnewwatch on 11/20/13. Like everyone else here has said, same story: Fraud buyer buys item, waits exactly the minimum amount of time you have to wait before initiating a Paypal dispute, and then does a chargeback claiming that the item was never delivered.

This fraudster has been going at it since at least 2011 and eBay/PayPal is still allowing this to go on. It would be of trivial ease to blacklist the shipping address, but they don't.

Here is the buyer info from PayPal and eBay:

Lau Win Yiu bumperchu@yahoo.com

YSYSO Wing Yiu 14547 155th St
A9198
Jamaica, NY 11434-4205

eBay Member Id: watchnewwatch.

73 Feedback received, zero feedback left for others, zero seller feedback.

Member since: Nov-19-13 (Registered one day before my item sold).

This account already has 81 positive feedbacks as a buyer. That means this is a MASSIVE fraud.

Note that the eBay account appears to have already been suspended.

Google for "ebay YSYSO" and you will find a huge listing of this fraudster.:

Ebay Scammer Do NOT SELL TO YSYSO Wing Yiu | Views...News...and Reviews!

Ebay Scammer Do NOT SELL TO YSYSO Wing Yiu – Update | Views...News...and Reviews!

Dean Collins: When did ebay remove the rights to leave bad feedback about buyers?

Bad Buyer: andrewcollin13@yahoo.com - amyliving852

I have opened a case with eBay, but the eBay account was already suspended by the time I did that. PayPal is still at this time taking the side of the buyer and is holding my payment hostage.

Most frustrating is the way that eBay and Paypal has treated me. It's like I am a square and eBay/Paypal only has round holes. Their entire "support" system is designed to make you read some FAQ, and otherwise f**k off.

eBay and Paypal have "support" options which don't help at all. They offer help for a pre-defined set of narrow-minded criteria, and then offer you a brick wall to talk to if your problem is more complicated.

Has anyone contacted local authorities at the shipping address side? I will file a police report with them on Monday. This is really a federal issue though.

Last edited by TGMT²; 12-15-2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: TMI
Old 12-16-2013

As a followup to my post the other week, my case was finally resolved, and not in the way I thought! I didn't call Paypal at the time as I thought my receipt and info I submitted would be enough and this would be done with soon. Now I wish I'd gotten on the phone asap. For anyone out there who gets a complaint filed -- do that!!! Don't wait for it to play out, call Paypal instead.

Here's my story in full:

In late October I sold this guy RAM for $38. He used ID "highenduser2013", and little did I know, but he was only on this account for a month but made over 400 purchases. I sent the RAM via regular mail at a postal kiosk, and I had a bad feeling about the address, as it seemed odd. But I thought ok, maybe it’s a rooming thing or a forwarding box.

The name on the acct (confirmed, paypal acct, btw!) is: Lau Win Yiu

The address I shipped to is:

YSYSO Wing Yiu
14547 155th St
# A9198
Jamaica, NY 11434-4205

I never heard a thing – no feedback, no emails, no nothing. On December 2nd however, I get a Paypal complaint filed against me saying he never got the RAM. I instantly knew something was not right and was upset. I looked at his Ebay ID and it hit me what was going on. I also googled him and found tons of stuff, and I wrote to a few other sellers. Half of them said that he hit them with false Paypal complaints, too.

I replied to the Paypal complaint, but it insisted I either listed a tracking number (when did that happen?) or agree to refund. I certainly wasn't going to do that, so I put the post office's tracking number on from the bottom of the receipt. I assume that's an internal use number, but it was all I could do. I also included a jpg of the receipt and a note to Paypal with the info I'd found. In the response box I wrote out all details as well, and I clearly stated I felt this was a scam. I also wrote to Paypal separately. They never responded.

In the meantime, the timeframe for this scammer to respond came and went and he said nothing, so then for a week I was waiting for Paypal to review the case. I was in the hole for the auction amount and postage/fees, and there was no way I was going to put money in there, nor did I want to complicate things, so I sat on my hands with any Ebay purchases while this was going on, which was annoying. But I assumed that they would respond in my favor and all would be well....right?

Well, last night I get a reply from Paypal finally, and they decided in the scammer's favor????? I was furious. I immediately phoned and I gave it to the poor first guy I spoke to, who was very nice and looked at Google and was surprised at this. I then was on a two hour odyssey of being on hold and talking to different people before I spoke to my final person. It wasn't easy. He was professional, but somehow the fact that I didn't have a DC number was so important to them almost over the evidence. In here it came out in a vague way that they have bots handling a lot of these complaints -- the bots look to see if the delivery confirmation is real or not, and if it is, then good. If not, then they decide against you. That's frightening as look at how clear cut my case and all of these cases are, yet they happily awarded a scammer and possible crime ring money from me and others.

I explained that I sell maybe twice a year since it's more and more of a pain to do so on Ebay these days, and I never knew I HAD to get a number (if you must for the seller protection, then shouldn't it be in blinking letters?), and I didn't get how any of that could have protected me against a Chinese scamming ring. I was also told about how to best track packages, which made me feel like I'd had done something wrong. I mentioned that I'd been on ebay since the late '90s and Paypal from the start, and this wasn't something I could foresee, and it was something I thought they'd be taking action on when so many have been ripped off by this scam.

I mentioned what I put in my response -- the copy of the receipt, the details, the links... I also mentioned that according to what I'd found on numerous sites, this guy had been at it since at least 2010 and Paypal was aware, so why wasn't he on some sort of block list or watch list? The person I spoke to alluded sort of vaguely to the fact that there's no umbrella list or way of connecting cases, which doesn't surprise me at this point.

He did credit the money to me (but the scammer btw does still have the original disputed money back still!), and he said he was escalating this for his supervisor to look into as he'd looked at the acct of the scammer and saw it wasn't kosher. So while I got my money back after 2 hours of phone hell, I have zero confidence that this guy will be stopped or really looked into. For whatever reason, one hand doesn't know what's going on with the other at Paypal and Ebay, nor do they seem to care despite the level of this fraud.
The Following User Says Thank You to stubby For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (12-17-2013)
Old 12-18-2013

Longevity: 77%

Hey, my .02 -

I have experience with this area. It is an industrial zone with many, MANY chinese-based shipping firms who specialize in import/export.

Most of the buildings in this area are labryths, with offices inside offices and closets that serve as mail-drop boxes.

Whomever is pulling this knows what they're doing, and how to stay unknown.

I'm thinking of taking a trip out there though, just because this person's pulled this crap on so many people from the community. If I do, I'll document it for you.

edit - Many of the companies in this area are customs clearance companies who work closely with airport customs. If this scammer is really getting to one of you, you could probably take some time to report the address to the TSA or Homeland Security and I'm sure that the idea of an internet-based scammer who is using his import/export company as the basis for some kind of international electronics fraud ring would make someone in one of those departments at least a little bit thirsty.

Last edited by Omgoozle; 12-18-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

^^^^

That part of queens is just as he said.

There used to be a little anime store I took my little one too around 5 years ago to purchase a few wall scrolls. Never again.

It went from a hustling bub of a town crowded with people, to a MAZE of warehouses, rundown factories and just vacant lots that were barely being used.

The addresses in queens are also so confusing that even USPS cannot tell what is real or not. And i'm serious about that.

For that section in Jamaica you type it in the USPS website and change up the numbers, they will just put that ENTIRE area as the drop zone.
And since ebay/pp rely on the USPS for their address verification..
That is probably how they got away with doing all of this for so long.
Old 12-18-2013

Longevity: 63%

wow your final outcome is just nuts, really good to hear that you got your money back
The Following User Says Thank You to shaddypro1 For This Useful Post:
kockedoff (05-04-2014)
Old 03-22-2014

Longevity: 58%

careful with this scammer. This person uses different users and different names, but uses the same address. the user and the name you are using now is:
TWUEX Computer LLC
14547 155th St
# T3209
Jamaica, NY 11434
Old 03-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Nice update liwade - what situation did you experience?