eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   increase in non paying bidder? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/64981-increase-non-paying-bidder.html)

vogeltron 09-27-2013 06:57 AM

Re: increase in non paying bidder?

Very true I had an eBayer open a case for and item not received. When it as like a day or so late in transit. I told them hold on I will make it right if it doesn't show up etc. Was like lost in transit for 3 days they escalated it to a claim in less than 6 hours eBay awarded them the money back. The item arrived the next day. I got F'd over. Luckily at the time I know someone who knew somebody at eBay they helped me out and got them suspended as this was apparently not the first time they pulled this. I still lost the money and the item but at-least I felt better about it. But buyers can be crazy I agree.

I mean if I get taken I lose $20-50 max. Which can really suck. I get pissed off if someone costs me $5. But people who sell items and try to f' them over for hundreds if not thousands of dollars. I really feel for them.

amysol 09-28-2013 11:03 AM

It doesn't help that now when a buyer attempts to try and CONTACT you about a package not yet received, to probably just let you know, ask the seller for help etc...ebay reroutes them from sending you a message to opening a case. SO if I as a buyer click to contact seller about item not arrive, it takes me to page where I am pushed through the process of opening case...instead of sending message. That makes more issues, and ebay does it on purpose...geez.

Priority class mail offers $50 in insurance, so if your cost on item is $50 or less, and you mail priority, at least you can take that route to get your money back in case where buyer claims not received.

As to the feedback, how can you leave neutral on buyer? I maybe over looked that. However, all my non paying bidder case, I can not leave feedback. Ebay doesn't allow me to leave feedback for a buyer who didn't pay and case closed in my favor.

So please explain how you can leave neutral for buyer?

Does reporting buyer get us in trouble with ebay as far as not keeping our account under radar?

joesshooze 09-28-2013 01:21 PM

Yes Amysol I am having a case opened every morning just to ask a question. It's way out of control. As far as non paying I am not sure about this global shipping program. I have a buyer that bought an item yesterday and won't pay until he has found a suitable address from a friend as he doesn't want to pay import fees where he lives. I don't understand and I don't care 24 hrs or whenever I can open a case for non payment and it's happening. He is already upset because I asked him when he was going to pay. I really should try to cancel because I see a huge rectum on the horizon coming my way. It only takes one to cost us an account.

I am so exasperated by all this that I have actually slowed down a bit. I cannot take all the stress from having cases opened every morning when I awake. I used to check my phone sometimes in the middle of the night because I go to sleep early and I STOPPED. I got so upset I could not go back to sleep. I know that was my dumb fault, just saying.

To answer your last question. It sure won't help and if the buyer has not left FB yet I don't even want to venture as to what might happen. I see no benefit to doing anything but only opening non payment cases and never leaving anything but + FB.

amysol 09-28-2013 01:46 PM

I just had a great idea....this whole buyer seller feedback things has been a issue for 10+ years. Ebay thought they solved the "retaliation fb" bymaking it so buyers can't get neg. BUT, SOME buyers, DO deserve it.

What about (and I know this will never get to ebay but lets pretend) being able to leave a buyer feedback but it not count towards their percentage. SO at least a seller can see the comment and see how many, but the buyer for all intents and purposes isn't harmed but the fb? This seems like a great solution.

JamesNorth101 09-28-2013 01:49 PM

Some sellers do do this by leaving a positive comment that is actually negative. This sometimes get removed by eBay, but not all the time.

I find the best way to see if a seller deserved the neg they done (and thus if I want to buy from them) is to have a look at the feedback left for others of the buyer who left said seller the neg.

Sometimes you will see a real patten of just being a fussy trouble maker.

joesshooze 09-28-2013 01:56 PM

Yes amysol why couldn't they implement some type of plan against peeps that continually open cases. Say after 2 or 3 they have to be scrutinized or something better than this mess. They are making me very weary.

newjerseymax 09-28-2013 01:58 PM

I had a scammer claim that 3 purchases totaling over $1000 was "unauthorized". Luckily I sent it with signature on all three. He signed for them with his name at the home address. I won my case within couple hours. Now I get signature on items over $100. They just seem to get lost a lot less and seems to work better then the whole insurance process.

rsot 09-28-2013 03:08 PM

Signature and tracking are important - what a terrible scammer...and he signed for them, ha dunce

Mr. Invisible 09-29-2013 06:06 AM

on the topic....

with auctions it just comes with the territory. But, you can reduce it quite a bit...

1. block bidders with no paypal
2. block bidders with >2-3 no payments in last 6 months
3. cancel zero feedback bidders, especially if account was created after your listing went live (usually competition :nono:)

Dmshark25 09-29-2013 06:33 AM

Now once my accounts are aged and no Paypal holds I just list BIN and check off pay immediately, and on newer accounts I run auctions

rsot 09-29-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 490206)
Now once my accounts are aged and no Paypal holds I just list BIN and check off pay immediately, and on newer accounts I run auctions

Checking payment immediately due is one good option to avoid the win-non-paying bidders

GreenBean 09-29-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 490206)

essential to set the payment paramenters including non payment post sale.

:juggle:

vogeltron 10-01-2013 06:53 AM

Well I seriously had Joe Shmoe with Zero Feedback win and auction today. Supposedly from Atlanta, GA. With the fixed price auctions I don't mind the NPB as much. When it is a regular auction 3-7 days then I also have to file a NPB. Waste nearly 2 weeks of my life. Really gets me angry. Joe Shome? Come on.