eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   increase in non paying bidder? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/64981-increase-non-paying-bidder.html)

amysol 09-19-2013 07:17 PM

increase in non paying bidder?

Is ebay just totally letting buyers get away with not paying now? I have had a lot of non paying bidders lately. I'd say about 15% of sales bid with a 0 feedback and then don't pay??

you?

needhelpplease 09-19-2013 07:31 PM

Re: increase in non paying bidder?

I would recommend placing limitations on your listings......you can't block people out right with zero feedback, but you have many options.

I haven't had many non paying bidders and have always been lucky with that sort of thing thankfully.

Pay attention and see if you have any competition sellers out there.....some have been known to do that sort of thing.

Hang in there.....second chance offers are an option or selecting the relist option to get any listing fees back if your item sells the second time around.

You will get your fees back once you open a dispute and it closes. Good Luck

GreenBean 09-19-2013 07:40 PM

Used to happen.

You can try setting your bidding requirements.

BIN with immediate paypal needed is one sure way.

set your listing to issue a non payment strike after say 4 days ( or whatever time you think reasonable).

Be careful of second chance offers, they can upset your selling limits.

:mod:

jscathey11 09-19-2013 09:44 PM

Had 9 non payers last week....Set my restrictions up and have had zero this week

golden_monkey 09-19-2013 09:49 PM

i have lots of buyer requirements..........i think...maybe almost useless.

im all auction so i can't force a PAY NOW option.

I've just factored into my biz 15% unpaid......cause that is what it is when im having a good month.

It used to piss me off... now I don't even blink, open case, close case, relist item. you'll get numb to this soon enough :brushteeth:

Sandy D 09-19-2013 10:22 PM

Filing NPB used to scare buyers into paying but not much anymore.

GreenBean 09-19-2013 10:40 PM

Sellers have memories.

Long ones.

Like elephants.

Buyers should remember that.

:mad:

rsot 09-20-2013 01:56 PM

@amysol, if you have a lot of 0 feedback non-paying bidders....I would also begin to wonder whether you have sellers trying to knock you out. Do you have a lot of competition? Highly popular item? Things worth considering...just saying that this kind of buyers do exist

vogeltron 09-21-2013 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 487484)
Filing NPB used to scare buyers into paying but not much anymore.

Yea, especially when you could leave Negative Feedback for a buyer and if you went through the NPB process they couldn't leave any for you. Like it still should be today. Even if all you can leave is NPB or Non Paying Bidder txt. I try to screen buyers sometimes, I have to look at their feedback left for others to try to decide if I want to deal with them or not.

rsot 09-22-2013 09:08 AM

I like to monitor the ending of highend auctions of mine to make sure I can block and cancel some weird activity

GreenBean 09-22-2013 11:21 AM

That would be a given on anything high-end.

Control the sale first and last.

joesshooze 09-24-2013 05:23 AM

Vogeltron, Buyers rule on EB. I don't see a way to leave negative FB for a buyer. The choices are, neutral or report buyer. Reporting a buyer could backfire big time I think. To my understanding using the neutral button and then leaving neg. FB is a policy violation and EB will remove if buyer reports it.

rsot 09-24-2013 05:43 AM

Neutral feedback is still looked at as negative :mad2:

GreenBean 09-24-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesshooze (Post 488675)
Vogeltron, Buyers rule on EB. I don't see a way to leave negative FB for a buyer. The choices are, neutral or report buyer. Reporting a buyer could backfire big time I think. To my understanding using the neutral button and then leaving neg. FB is a policy violation and EB will remove if buyer reports it.

Carefully picked words can convey a seller's message.

I do agree about the report button. If the buyer has proven they need to be reported, I use it.

This is after I have taken action to try to resolve an issue.

Time consuming and annoying too.

joesshooze 09-24-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 488681)
Neutral feedback is still looked at as negative :mad2:

Ok cool I didn't know that. Thank you very much for the enlightenment. I have never tried as I still would not leave negative feedback except if the buyer won and never paid. Almost anything else is again, that could backfire. Just as well just let it go and move on.

vogeltron 09-25-2013 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesshooze (Post 488675)

Obviously I am talking about the good old days. Once upon a time it wasn't so slanted toward the buyers. I have said it before even as much as I disliked Meg Whitman when she was CEO for Various reasons John Donahue has been 10x worse. I guess be careful what you wish for.

Once upon a time there was a balance of power on some aspects between buyers and sellers. I agree with you now as I am sure everyone does. It is basically 100% slanted in the buyers favor.

However, I do think it is stupid. That if you go through a Non-Paying buyer case and they don't respond. Even if you can only choose a message for "neutral" feedback that says "Non-Paying Bidder" or "NPB" that is ridiculous. Buyers can run all over and they basically have a clean record as far as any of us can see.

rsot 09-25-2013 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesshooze (Post 488846)
Ok cool I didn't know that. Thank you very much for the enlightenment. I have never tried as I still would not leave negative feedback except if the buyer won and never paid. Almost anything else is again, that could backfire. Just as well just let it go and move on.

I dont see what you are indicating - leaving feedback for buyer as seller?

joesshooze 09-25-2013 09:24 AM

You are correct Vogeltron and NPB is the only time I leave neutral FB. That's the only time the seller can look like a winner.

vogeltron 09-26-2013 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesshooze (Post 489158)
You are correct Vogeltron and NPB is the only time I leave neutral FB. That's the only time the seller can look like a winner.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe you are talking about feedback comments I don't know. But a while back you could actually leave buyers a negative or neutral rating. Not anymore. Even if you want to leave "bad feedback" you still have to leave the buyer a positive rating.

rsot 09-26-2013 12:04 PM

That seller feedback option was WAYYYY back - been so long. Only thing you can do as a seller that is REMOTELY close to negative feedback is "Report a Buyer".

Sandy D 09-26-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesshooze (Post 489158)

Ebay has made it to where the buyer is 99% the winner since you can no longer leave anything but a positive.

Even then your comments cannot be negative towards the buyer even if you leave the positive. They will remove it.

slapped 09-26-2013 10:22 PM

I clearly understand that Non paying bidders are a Pain in the a$$, I HATE them,,,But as far as Im Concerned the Scammers are the ones that are making me 'rethink" selling on Ebay,,there seems to be a WHOLE lot more of them, Scumb@g$, who takes advantage of the INEPT Postal Service when a Package that actually gets delivered shown NOTHING for Tracking because the package NEVER got scanned allowing buyers to claim and WIN an Item not received case,,Hell I have even LOST MANY Item not received cases where the tracking info says DELIVERED,,,and ebay seems to Know this and they do VERY little about it,,In my opinion I think that this if a FAR WORSE problem than NoN Paying Bidder,,,Just my thoughts