Best Match / Cassini Algorithm Completely Change Overnight on EB UK? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-03-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Best Match / Cassini Algorithm Completely Change Overnight on EB UK?

As per the title, has anybody else seen this on any of their BIN/GTC listings on EB UK.

I first noticed this morning when one of my friends who has an large ebay shop (100k FB) said some of his listings had been bumped back a few pages for no reason. After team viewing his account, there was no reason to have been bumped back on best match searches as his account/DSR's/seller dash was in superb order.

So, i checked some of my GTC listings (over different EB accounts). I have been bumped up to first page on some accounts whereas the people who have been top for over 12 months in these categories have been bumped back quite significantly. I have tried this from multiple browsers/devices and all the same for best match

Seems they have changed quite significantly how they rank best match searches. Would be interested to see if anybody else has noticed this. As of today?

Last edited by bigbill; 04-03-2014 at 09:22 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-03-2014
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Best Match / Cassini Algorithm Completely Change Overnight on EB UK?

An update to this, my ebay friend just phone me to say he say been on the phone all afternoon to EB. They have told him that there has been a massive tech error hence all best match changed last night.... Wonder if that is true as we know how reliable the EB reps are...
Old 04-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%
Default Re: Best Match / Cassini Algorithm Completely Change Overnight on EB UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willkeelham View Post
An update to this, my ebay friend just phone me to say he say been on the phone all afternoon to EB. They have told him that there has been a massive tech error hence all best match changed last night.... Wonder if that is true as we know how reliable the EB reps are...
Yes it is true.

It is all over the Community Forums on EBay.

DEFECT

Old 04-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
May well be true but it won't help your friend and his potential lost revenue.

It really isn't something that I monitor regularly but I have two Silver TRS Powerseller accounts, both selling the exact same items. One account has slightly more listings but not by much. I can sometimes see one account out sell the other by a factor of 4 to 1 over the course of a week.

The problem with the search rankings is that ebay have no accountability to anyone with regards to this. If your listings are on page 20 when you have TRS status then it really is just tough luck.

I think overall it swings in roundabouts. Hope it works out for your friend though.
Old 04-03-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong2012 View Post
Yes it is true.

It is all over the Community Forums on EBay.

DEFECT

You are correct, it is all over the Community Forums.

For me it has been good as i have been ranked 3rd up from 12th for one of my items in difficult category to get ranked in.

Like ebayorbust summed it up its swings and roundabouts with best match... If i am in the top 5 for my best match search, demand increases 5-10 fold.
Old 04-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

3rd up from 12th...very nice work Will
Old 04-03-2014

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
I hope to god this is not a technical issue and it stays as it is, as mentioned in my other thread my average sales on my trs account were 10 per day and today I've had 46 sales, one of my gtc listing is ranked 27th place out of over 1million hope this stays the same tell your friend to stop ringing ebay lol