New and Need Advice - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-10-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default New and Need Advice

Hey guys. I have found this site so helpful and its members so awesome, that I hope you can offer me some insight

Just set up a stealth eBay and PayPal account and listed literally ten items, all of which were my daughters clothing which she outgrew, all Victorias Secret stuff , as well as an iPad mini case i didn't need that I received at Christmas and just never returned out of laziness.

The items' values were like $20-25 each.

Logged in today and received a Mc99 (I think that was the code) and had all listings removed, asking for additional ID.

I called eBay and spoke to one of their home-based customer care reps who kept saying "I understand your __________ (fill in feeling)". They are asking me to fax in my drivers license with a utility bill, as my info doesn't match.

I explained I verified the acct with them and paypal, adding a bank (my own BOA) and a credit card (prepaid). I am using a friends address and the cc zip matched hers.

None of my items are veros; I have probably all the receipts crammed in a purse somewhere.

I was ID thefted through PP some years ago and reported to police. Submitted docs to PP too but they were holding me responsible for purchases that were not mine. They just wanted to get paid. From whom, it didn't matter.

I was Ill at the time and should have retained an attorney but chemo wiped me out. My fault though.

Anyway I'm sure that is still on my "permanent record" with these idiots and will haunt me. But I was so careful in my info provided. Changed IP, even my internet svc provider.

Can someone offer me insight? This is maddening.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: New and Need Advice

iPad Mini and Victorias Secret clothing, both branded items, and can be taken down by the VERO members.

You need to list totally unbranded generic used items on a new account. Used books for example.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Heisenberg1 (04-10-2014)
Old 04-10-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg1 View Post
my daughters clothing which she outgrew, all Victorias Secret stuff , as well as an iPad mini case i didn't need
Hi,
I guess these were your big mistakes.
Even if you can prove these items are actually yours, are still considered "high risk" and rose a bunch of red flags as soon as you started selling.
Ebay took then the action to verify your ID...

Avoid selling high risk items for a brand new account.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
Heisenberg1 (04-10-2014)
Old 04-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

The Victoria Secret and Ipad Mini Case are what got you the MC999. At this point all you can do is let the account go down and start over.

Out of curiosity, did you add a real bank account to the Stealth?
Old 04-10-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Vero is selling Branded items without consent from the owner, so selling Victoria secret items on a new account raised flags.

Your account is New and before you can list 10 branded items you need to build a trust with eBay

The first 90 days is a probation period, if in this time period you sell items that are not a big brand name , ship fast get positive feedback and no low DSR s or open cases, etc.... Than after these 3 months you can start selling with a little more ease
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
Heisenberg1 (04-10-2014)
Old 04-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Thank you JamesNorth and icarletto, for the insight. I had no idea Victorias Secret items were high risk. When I think high risk, My mind goes to Vuitton, Chanel----super expensive goods. Guess I was kind of tunnel visioned in my thinking.

But if a relatively low-moderately priced brand is a risk, and aside from books, what is left to sell? Everything is branded--

I will make a new account ughhhh and follow your advice to list books initially.

I appreciate your pointers and insights. Any additional comments, tips, are appreciated too. I am just trying to make a few bucks while I am unable to work-- thought this would be a nice way to get the closets cleared at same time stress free:/
Old 04-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
The Victoria Secret and Ipad Mini Case are what got you the MC999. At this point all you can do is let the account go down and start over.

Out of curiosity, did you add a real bank account to the Stealth?
Yes, sadly I did. Why do you ask?

Last edited by Heisenberg1; 04-10-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg1 View Post
Thank you JamesNorth and icarletto, for the insight. I had no idea Victorias Secret items were high risk. When I think high risk, My mind goes to Vuitton, Chanel----super expensive goods. Guess I was kind of tunnel visioned in my thinking.

But if a relatively low-moderately priced brand is a risk, and aside from books, what is left to sell? Everything is branded--

I will make a new account ughhhh and follow your advice to list books initially.

I appreciate your pointers and insights. Any additional comments, tips, are appreciated too. I am just trying to make a few bucks while I am unable to work-- thought this would be a nice way to get the closets cleared at same time stress free:/
The first month list something that is not a big brand name and not expensive , do the same the second month and if you only list say one item that is Victoria secret and not high in price than it should be ok

You need to go slow with accounts, and u will be fine
Heisenberg1 (04-10-2014)
Old 04-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Vero is selling Branded items without consent from the owner, so selling Victoria secret items on a new account raised flags.

Your account is New and before you can list 10 branded items you need to build a trust with eBay

The first 90 days is a probation period, if in this time period you sell items that are not a big brand name , ship fast get positive feedback and no low DSR s or open cases, etc.... Than after these 3 months you can start selling with a little more ease
I see. I had mentioned in another reply that it never even occurred to me that VS was a risky VERo brand. I always think Chanel etc, super high priced brands that get counterfeited a lot.

Just so I am clear, I can list my things after about 90 or so days? I am donating a lot of stuff too but wish to sell some besides.
Old 04-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
The first month list something that is not a big brand name and not expensive , do the same the second month and if you only list say one item that is Victoria secret and not high in price than it should be ok

You need to go slow with accounts, and u will be fine
The prices were only around $20 mark. What is considered a high price, moderate price, etc?
Old 04-10-2014

Yes , you are able to list things you have around the house that u want to sell, but you were flagged because you listed 10 of these items on a new stealth account

The first 3 months sell 2-3 items a month , try and stay away from branded , and than the 4 th month it will be easier to list these items
Heisenberg1 (04-10-2014)
Old 04-10-2014
Threadstarter  

I have a couple more questions, if you guys do not mind-

I used my real bank account to link with pp. Is this ok to do? I have my real address not my friends address that I used for eBay on my bank account obviously and it was verified ok. There is no chance this may be an issue as well, is there? The rep with whom I spoke at eBay said "some info didn't match" but wouldn't elaborate when I asked.
Old 04-10-2014

Longevity: 59%

i feel very lucky i have made my first stealth just a week ago or so and sucessfully listed victoria secret brand new items only and had 7 successful auctions and have gotten paid for 4 of them. i think its because you listed 10 listings all at once.
i listed a lot of 2 brand new bottles of perfume and that sold. the buyer actually backed out and canceled so there was that. from there i listed 5 more auctions, 3 more lots of 2 brand new victoria secret perfumes, and 2 3 piece luggage sets, all new. all completed.
now i have listed my last 3 items, same again brand new victoria secret items and they have bids now.
ebay is weird.

its going to be interesting to see what happens this weekend when i make my second stealth account, because i plan on listing exclusivly new victoria secret items, its just what i have to sell right now.

i would suggest on a new account, keep in mind i am a total noob, to list one auction and let it complete. then trickle some more items on.

Last edited by darer234; 04-10-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Count yourself lucky. You are right, eBay is weird. I just do not understand them at all. My items were pre owned, most of them, too! Go figure.
Old 04-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darer234 View Post
i feel very lucky i have made my first stealth just a week ago or so and sucessfully listed victoria secret brand new items only and had 7 successful auctions and have gotten paid for 4 of them. i think its because you listed 10 listings all at once.
i listed a lot of 2 brand new bottles of perfume and that sold. the buyer actually backed out and canceled so there was that. from there i listed 5 more auctions, 3 more lots of 2 brand new victoria secret perfumes, and 2 3 piece luggage sets, all new. all completed.
now i have listed my last 3 items, same again brand new victoria secret items and they have bids now.
ebay is weird.

its going to be interesting to see what happens this weekend when i make my second stealth account, because i plan on listing exclusivly new victoria secret items, its just what i have to sell right now.

i would suggest on a new account, keep in mind i am a total noob, to list one auction and let it complete. then trickle some more items on.

How are you managing two mailing addresses? Do you get mailbox rentals or use friends' addresses? Also, what are you using for bank accts? Are you using your own? I linked my own, as I know of no other alternative.
Old 04-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

When making Stealth's it's best to use a VBA to verify the Paypal...THEN add your Bank Account when the account actually survives.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Heisenberg1 (04-10-2014)
Old 04-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Oh dear. Live and learn a hard lesson, I guess.

What is a VBA and how do I open one up?

Also, should I close the bank account or is there a way to unlink from Pp?

Right now I have my router unplugged to reset the IP. What a mess.
Old 04-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

You can purchase 1 from the Marketplace eBay Accounts for Sale - eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums

They work the same as a Real Bank Account but you can't withdraw to the VBA, the VBA is a tool to only verify your Paypal.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Heisenberg1 (04-10-2014)
Old 04-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Huge thanks! I will check out the link
Old 04-10-2014

Longevity: 59%

wow a person who never heard of bitcoin. neat. its gonna change the world, or at least some mass adopted crypto currency will.

now lindens, that is second life currency.
Old 04-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darer234 View Post
wow a person who never heard of bitcoin. neat. its gonna change the world, or at least some mass adopted crypto currency will.

now lindens, that is second life currency.
Haaha, my age is showing, I'm afraid.