Cassini - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-10-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Cassini

the more and more research and experimenting i do with this the more and more I think I'm wasting my time and it all comes down to who's got more feedback, is a bigger business with more active listings and paying more fees gets higher ranked in best match,

I think ebay just one day got fed up and weren't happy with the level of service being offered by the newer sellers, so they decided to stick all the bigger businesses at the top of the search results and put all the less experienced at the bottom which resulted in less work for eBay as everyone would be buying from a bigger business which makes that much profit is just happy to refund a buyer if there was any kind of problem compared to a smaller seller who can't afford a loss and would fight till the end not let a problem buyer win a dispute,

By doing this eBay have less work to do themselves and has more happy buyers that can easily get a refund should they have any kind of problem, at the same time they seen this as an opportunity to plant the seed in the rest of our heads that creating better listings with better photos and more item specifics and keeping good DSR scores, 14 day returns soon to be easy returns and so on would give us a higher ranking, so now they've planted the seed were all on fighting for a higher best match position by making are listings as perfect as we can, offering the best price, free shipping, good returns policy and giving buyers refunds where we wouldn't normaly as it's not worth upsetting the buyer and getting a NEG that could affect our account and result in lower ranking, but is it all really worth it and does any of it make a difference??

I tested a gtc listing and compared it to someone who was selling the exact same item on gtc also, first i checked there listing and seen that there description was very poor, about 3 sentences in fact which tells you very little about the product, poor item title with a lot of meaningless words in it, not much item specifics, 14 day return, free shipping, poor quality photos, 109 sold, overpriced at £11.99, DSR for item description 4 and a half star, 20 negs on account this month, feedback %99.1, trs account 11756 feedback, all in all a pretty poor listing that's overpriced, ranked at 12 place in best match.

I listed the exact same item 6 weeks ago on gtc, description was perfect with all info a buyer would need, lots of item specifics, title spot on with all the key words, 14 day return and free p&p, quality photos, listed this product at £5.99 which is half the price from other seller, so far sold 468, my DSR is near perfect, 100% feedback, trs account with 272 feedback score, so basically my account is in a lot better standing than this other seller, my listing is 10 times better, my price is half that this other seller, and my sales from this listing are nearly 5x as much, my listing is ranked in 72nd place compared to the other seller at 12th, so Cassini can kiss me a***, the only difference i have from this seller is that they have more feedback than me and on there actual listing it says experienced seller compared to mine which says 100% positive feedback. Also went through 71 listings above me and they all have more feedback than me.

Sorry for the long story people but after lots af research and testing I've realised that I could give my stock away for free and eBay will still put goldenbollocks at the top of best match, obviously all the stuff ebay asks you to do to gain a higher ranking does help with your business overall as I'm more professional than I used to be in terms of having better listings and dealing with disputes out faster and keeping your account as good as you possible can which results in more sales, but where best match is concerned if your a top dog with high feedback and been on eBay a good while you'll be at the top, if your new and not got as much feedback then your at the bottom, it's as simple as that no matter what you try!

this is just my personal apinion about it though I could be missing something but I'll put my future time into just staying on abay as long as I can and slowly work my way up.

Last edited by Dazzler87; 04-10-2014 at 06:12 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!