Is there a browser extension that can block a site if your ip address is X or not y? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-13-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Is there a browser extension that can block a site if your ip address is X or not y?

Hi, kind of pissed at myself today. I accidentally logged into a stealth account with an IP address from a burned account.

I had assigned a MAC address to each stealth account, and my system was that each time I logged onto a different user account on my computer, I'd switch my MAC address and then my IP address would always switch.

But this time, when I switched the MAC address, my IP did not change, and I didn't notice it till after I was logged into my stealth ebay account. It's frustrating but I know its my fault. I just assumed that the IP address would always change when I changed the MAC address.

Anyway, does anyone know of a browser extension(firefox or chrome) that would block a site if your ip address was X or was not Y?

Or if there isn't one, perhaps a member of the community here could quickly make one?

It seems like this would be an immeasurably valuable tool in helping us from making costly mistakes.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-13-2014

Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Is there a browser extension that can block a site if your ip address is X or not

You should use like a VPN(virtual private network) software instead of changing ur mac address
The Following User Says Thank You to itemauctions For This Useful Post:
aicccia (04-13-2014)
Old 04-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Is there a browser extension that can block a site if your ip address is X or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by itemauctions View Post
You should use like a VPN(virtual private network) software instead of changing ur mac address
Thanks. I'll look into that. Are there any that you recommend?
Old 04-13-2014

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aicccia View Post
I had assigned a MAC address to each stealth account, and my system was that each time I logged onto a different user account on my computer, I'd switch my MAC address and then my IP address would always switch.

But this time, when I switched the MAC address, my IP did not change, and I didn't notice it till after I was logged into my stealth ebay account. It's frustrating but I know its my fault. I just assumed that the IP address would always change when I changed the MAC address.
The only time a MAC address will determine the IP address is within a day or same day.

But if you waited more than two days, DO NOT ASSUME THE IP ADDRESS WILL BE THE SAME.

Keep a spreadsheet and use conditioning format to light RED or GREEN depending used or new IP address respectively.
Old 04-13-2014

Quote:
I tend to disagree, how can a VPN change a Public IP?
Old 04-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%

It depends how sticky the IP address is. Sometimes IP addresses can be signed to a MAC address with a 7 day lease time which means you will get the same IP address so long as you use the same MAC at least once every 7 days. The lease time can also be 20 seconds though, so you will need to ask the ISP how long the IP lease time is though. It would be prudent to double check the IP each time before you log into EB or PP though

VPN's are really not good to use for EB/PP.

VPS is a much safer option.

Use conditional formatting in Excel to help keep track of your IP address

Explained here - http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...-stealths.html
Old 04-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

1st, Software to "hide" your IP is bad, they don't work for long time use. 2nd, your in the US, there a ton of options such as Dongle, Dialup, VPS.
Old 04-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
It depends how sticky the IP address is. Sometimes IP addresses can be signed to a MAC address with a 7 day lease time which means you will get the same IP address so long as you use the same MAC at least once every 7 days. The lease time can also be 20 seconds though, so you will need to ask the ISP how long the IP lease time is though. It would be prudent to double check the IP each time before you log into EB or PP though

VPN's are really not good to use for EB/PP.

VPS is a much safer option.

Use conditional formatting in Excel to help keep track of your IP address

Explained here - http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...-stealths.html
Isn't a VPS overkill if all you're trying to do is change your IP address? What's wrong with proxies?
Old 04-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%

For a domestic IP is it unnecessary.

It was being said as a much safer alternative to a VPN, which is not safe to use.

For a domestic IP though you need not use either a VPS or a VPN.

US ISP can provide dynamic IPs, failing that there are dongle, dial up, phone tethering ect.
Old 04-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
You should use like a vpn(virtual private network) software instead of changing ur mac address
You should NOT use a VPN.

There is little to no need for any users in the USA to avail themselves of those services.

VPN are blacklisted by ebay/paypal.

They are LOW on the list of suitable suggestions.

Old 04-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@aiccia

Did you ever manage to read this thread with follow up replies
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-addr...addresses.html

In it I made sure you got given a file that would help you track IPs so you would avoid confusion. If you used that, and were learning how to work stealth you might have avoided this fright.

Your method is a little off at the moment if you are running multiple accounts with the same ISP.