Is a 50% increase in sales revenue month-to-month too fast? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-01-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Is a 50% increase in sales revenue month-to-month too fast?

I'm selling in the Certification & Licenses category on new stealth accounts. Fully verified but only 1-3 buyer feedback.

My plan is to sell 2 units a week at $20 a unit in the first month($160 total monthly sales) and then increase my price and unit quota each month so that my sales revenue rises by about 50% a month.

I know there is enough demand to sell 6-8 units a week at $50 a unit as I've done so in the past on other accounts. Average market price of this unit on the market is $40-$50.

For a new account, is a 50% increase in sales revenue month over month too fast? Or am I going too slow and leaving too much money on the table? At this rate I won't be selling 6-8 units a week at $50 till my 6th month.

I've been doing this for about a month on my first stealth account and my limits were raised to 30/$3000 as soon as I hit 10 sales so I can't be raising too many flags.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-01-2014

Longevity: 58%
Default Re: Is a 50% increase in sales revenue month-to-month too fast?

I'm doing my first stealth on the UK eBay, and from reading around on the forums it seems the USA eBay seems a little harsher with somethings, but for me (and maybe I just got lucky) my sales were as follows. This is not exact amounts, but very close.

Month 1 and 2: The first few days I browsed eBay for 5 minutes, checked the forums, search some stuff. Then I made my eBay account, researched paypal on eBay and Paypal sites and followed up by making my paypal and finalised it by getting verified some days later. I sold 1 item after around 1-2 weeks 99p auction, waited for feedback and then for the next few weeks I auctioned off a few other things for 99p. The first 2 months totaled around 5-7 sales only. Items that were sold has no issues with vero and have low values of around $7-15. Limits started 25 and went to 75 and then 150. Total sales $40-50.

Month 3: I started adding some BIN and stopped auctions and at first had 1-2 BIN, but eventually added more as the month went on and totalled around 50 sales. Limits went from 150-300. Total sales $1000.

Month 4: Changed to business account, asked some "noob" questions to eBays live chat, got category limits removed and sold 200 all via BIN. Limits went from 300-600. Total sales $3500.

My items are all BIN and worth around $15-50.

A long answer, but I thought I would share this with you as I was wondering how fast I should sell because I see it mentioned not to sell too fast. Perhaps I got lucky so far, but my search results are insanely good and will be Top Rated seller next evaluation. Everything is different depending on the categories you sell in, and perhaps the country, but this is my experience so far. All figures I have posted are close, but not exactly what I got as I think that would be silly to post anything that can lead to identifying my account.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xShevaa7x For This Useful Post:
benny (07-01-2014), degsey69 (03-29-2023), Dragas63 (04-29-2020)
Old 07-01-2014

Longevity: 90%

you said it was a long answer .... i say it was a well explained in depth answer,
handy info thankyou
Old 01-30-2023

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post

It's great to see that you have a solid plan and the confidence to increase your sales revenue. However, a 50% increase in sales revenue month over month could be too fast for a new account. While there's demand for your product, it's important to establish a steady growth and build a solid reputation with your customers.

Here are some tips to help you grow your sales:

-Focus on building a strong customer base by providing excellent customer service and making sure you meet customer expectations.
-Utilize all available tools to increase your visibility and reach, such as promotions, sales events, and advertising.
-Monitor your sales and customer feedback closely. If you're seeing a decrease in sales or negative feedback, it might be a sign that you need to adjust your strategy.
-Consider offering discounts or promotions to incentivize customers to leave feedback, which will help build your reputation and increase your sales.
-Gradually increase your price and unit quota each month, rather than jumping up 50% at once. This will help you avoid overextending yourself and keep your growth steady and sustainable.

By following these tips, you can establish a solid foundation for your business and build a steady growth over time. Remember to be patient, persistent, and responsive to customer feedback to help you reach your goals.
Pretty certain that they've made progress or given up after nearly a decade has past since they posted.
Old 03-29-2023

Longevity: 6%

Hi
I think yes the best policy to sell slowly for new account
And must be patient
Thanks
Old 03-31-2023

Activity: 19%
Longevity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aicccia View Post
I'm selling in the Certification & Licenses category on new stealth accounts. Fully verified but only 1-3 buyer feedback.

My plan is to sell 2 units a week at $20 a unit in the first month($160 total monthly sales) and then increase my price and unit quota each month so that my sales revenue rises by about 50% a month.

I know there is enough demand to sell 6-8 units a week at $50 a unit as I've done so in the past on other accounts. Average market price of this unit on the market is $40-$50.

For a new account, is a 50% increase in sales revenue month over month too fast? Or am I going too slow and leaving too much money on the table? At this rate I won't be selling 6-8 units a week at $50 till my 6th month.

I've been doing this for about a month on my first stealth account and my limits were raised to 30/$3000 as soon as I hit 10 sales so I can't be raising too many flags.
I think 50% its really safe for you to increase month by month. Ebay will see that you can handle your shipments and its green flag for them.
Old 03-31-2023

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaysellerLT View Post
I think 50% its really safe for you to increase month by month. Ebay will see that you can handle your shipments and its green flag for them.
Once again, pretty certain that they've made progress or given up after nearly a decade has past since they posted.