Buying on Ebay with Address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-01-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Buying on Ebay with Address

Hi. You guys have been so helpful and resourceful. I was wondering with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, if you email the seller to ship to a different address that is linked, is that risky? I know it’s better to have access; I tried the variation of mine, and got shut down due to address! With the google maps, there is risk with a virtual address also. I guess if its manual review, they will see your emails if you use a real address and have it shipped to yours, and they will see the virtual address is not a physical place, so there is risk either way. I just thought since they were using google maps, you have a better chance of them not reading your emails than looking to see if the place exists. Any experience with this?? Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Buying on Ebay with Address

If you are making a new stealth account after being suspended, it is better to ensure you have access to an address. Dont take shortcuts.

Consider a PO Box or renting one from a Mom & Pop store.

It is risky to do as you proposed. If its was , we would say otherwise.
Old 08-01-2014

Get a UPS address or postal box, if your buying things your not supposed to from China its best to go with a US postal box. Another option is a variation of your address, but do not try that if you have been suspended several times over recently as you will get flagged.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattmayes For This Useful Post:
rsot (08-01-2014)
Old 08-01-2014
Threadstarter  

well I have already made the profiles. I will just ask the sender to send to a friends house not the banned address. Thanks for the info. I thought virtual addresses were risky too due to google maps. I will eventually get a mailbox and register when I change to business account. I am going to take this one slowly and baby it..I do purchase a lot on ebay and all purchases will come from this account from now on and build lots feedback before trying to sell I think time is one of the keys to success.
Old 08-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Oh, are you saying PO box for buying??? I know I have read they don't work for registration. Then you can ask seller to please send to PO Box...ahhh...got it...its Friday. I just do this part time and work full time...= little sleep and a little slow sometimes from it haha
Old 08-01-2014

PO box for buying things from China would be best, as UPS can be legally brought into something if your buying things you shouldn't be. Postal boxes is more work for them to legally get to you through a postal box.

Simply get a UPS box, its like a real address and use that address for buying or get a new Paypal do not have it relate to any eBay seller account. Yes, you can send funds to it and make purchases and make sure you add a bank, credit card, and make it all look 100% legit.

Just have a variation of your address and use this new one strictly for buying, eventually after time you can use it to sell on is just takes time so have patience.

Last edited by mattmayes; 08-01-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-01-2014

What I do is buy a few dollar items with no desire to actually even get them, for example if I have a stealth account with no legit information when purchasing I make sure its an address that nothing can go to, when the seller gets it back they normally email you and your funds get returned and you move on. Plenty of things out there cheap for 1.00 or so, figure spend 10.00 altogether and that's plenty to start off with, most important is seller feedback, you can play with buyer feedback later on to inflate your numbers.

Most sellers will want to ship to the address confirmed and registered with both eBay/paypal
Old 08-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Ok. Thank you! A postal box is under your name with ID required, I don't see how it would be hard for them to prove if you were buying things from China and having them delivered there.

So are you saying a address variation to email seller to send things to before purchasing to build feedback is ok? Just not add it to ebay? Or just not paypal?
Old 08-01-2014

Because of how the process is legally, with UPS they can easily be included in your lawsuit from whichever company files suit. Trust me

Try a variation, yes. Its fine you want buyer feedback but really if your looking to build an account just browse, ask questions, post in the forum on eBay, and then let the account cool down.

Otherwise your only two options for receiving products correctly is a postal or UPS box.

Getting seller feedback should be your goal, unless you need an account to use for buying in that case I already explained that a few times in this discussion.

My normal process is to make an account with full steath details, the paypal linked would have a VBA and VCC added so I do not waste any good solid legit sources in the beginning process. I do as explained above, buy at least 10 items that are cheap let them bounce back to the sellers as undelivered (works for me) and get refunded. After my 10 fb score I l list brand name nail polish for a month to get some sales history then its straight to branded items after 30 days, real branded not vero ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or items like that that lead to nothing but issues and dead accounts quickly.

Last edited by mattmayes; 08-01-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Oh wow!! Thank you!!!
Old 08-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle65401 View Post
Ok. Thank you! A postal box is under your name with ID required, I don't see how it would be hard for them to prove if you were buying things from China and having them delivered there.

So are you saying a address variation to email seller to send things to before purchasing to build feedback is ok? Just not add it to ebay? Or just not paypal?
You can use the po box as a street address FOR the stealth address info on both pp and eb - why would you need to change it? I use address variation and test it out by sending myself a test letter
Old 08-01-2014

A UPS one, I believe eBay/Paypal like real addresses in my opinion, variation is the key if you have been suspended before and want to use your real info still
Old 08-01-2014

Longevity: 59%

keep this in mind. if you buy high end merch, you will need to sign for it.

this requires a real name and addy like a po box.

I do use the home address variation with buying but it can be risky and sellers that are printing labels always have problems for sellers

stick with usps po box and better use your real name if you need to sign for it.

I dont buy high end so addy variation works just fine