Multiple Accounts, Suspended Address!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-08-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Multiple Accounts, Suspended Address!!

Hey everyone,

I wanted to add something to this thread for everyone to think about. Around 2006 my personal account got suspended because of nonpayment. Not knowing about stealth, I set up a new account under my girlfriend's name and address. After a week or so, I started shipping from the suspended account's address. Eventually all addresses on the new account was changed to the suspended address. Again, I did not know anything about links at this time. Now, my uncle has a Bay account which ships to the same address. Which means now we have 2 accounts under this address which is supposedly under a 'suspended account'. Now around 2012, I try to reinstate the account that was suspended in my name. I paid the payment but the Bay still said I could never sell again due to other reasons. But, to this day, everyone's active accounts are perfectly fine and their accounts has been fine for about 8 years+ now. Here is the kicker, for the last 4 years my 'suspended' name and address has been attached to my girlfriends account so I can access it over the phone with Cust Serv which I have done multiple times.

So, do you think the Bay really penalizes everyone that lives at the same location as a suspended account? I think they link when they see 'duplicate' listings which is against policy and if you use a bad phone number and it pulls up the wrong account on their end. I want to hear your opinions.

Last edited by Youngb; 08-08-2014 at 01:05 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-08-2014

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: Multiple Accounts, Suspended Address!!

There are many anomalies on eb & pp. Can never count on this to happen again. I will tell you that for the last 3 years I have a suspended account that I can still make purchases on with all info and 150 + fb's. Every once in a while I try to list something. You never know here?
Old 08-08-2014

Longevity: 63%

Your account was suspended for nonpayment. It is not a grave violation that could hunt down other accounts linked to your address.

As long as those accounts perform well, they will survive.
Old 08-08-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoteBay View Post
Your account was suspended for nonpayment. It is not a grave violation that could hunt down other accounts linked to your address.

As long as those accounts perform well, they will survive.
I think that's how it is in most cases.

The suspended account that I am talking about is actually my second account. My first account (created 2003) was hit with multiple violations from VERO because I was selling designer bags and eventually got shut down FOREVER. All same address as what I am using now. That's 2 Shut down accounts under this physical address which has open accounts now. So with that said, I really do not think EBay looks into physical addresses to link. I think if you begin duplicate listings and things of that sort that violates EBay policy thats when the linkage begins.
Old 08-09-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

I think the phrase "better to be safe, than sorry" applies here.

If I had numerous working accounts, I'd take the risk and re-use an old address. However I would not sleep very well at night if it was my only/main account.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (08-09-2014)
Old 08-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@Youngb...sounds like a mess of linked accounts and headaches.

Learn stealth - make new UNLINKED fresh accounts and go from there. Uncles...gf...links...messy
Old 08-09-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@Youngb...sounds like a mess of linked accounts and headaches.

Learn stealth - make new UNLINKED fresh accounts and go from there. Uncles...gf...links...messy
I think we're missing the point guys. This is not a post about stealth.
I have stealth accounts right now that are doing fine. This situation happened before I knew about stealth. My uncle has his own account with this address. The point that I am getting across is that the Bay is less likely to link by physical address because if they did all these accounts would've been shut down 3 years ago.

Last edited by Youngb; 08-09-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-09-2014

Longevity: 59%

IMO....you are living an ebay charmed life.....It might never be linked and killed, it might happen while I'm typing this......I wouldn't want to have that looking over my shoulder every minute...but to each his own.
Old 08-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngb View Post
I think we're missing the point guys. This is not a post about stealth.
I have stealth accounts right now that are doing fine. This situation happened before I knew about stealth. My uncle has his own account with this address. The point that I am getting across is that the Bay is less likely to link by physical address because if they did all these accounts would've been shut down 3 years ago.
the point is that one day, out of nowhere, ebay can deliver a curve ball.

All of these accounts could yet fail.

Are you lucky right now? For sure.

Just be careful of how you do business and avoid thinking any account is exempt from getting canned.

ebay canned an account of ours 5 years after it had been using suspended address info.

Good Luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (08-09-2014)
Old 08-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

ebay canned an account of ours 5 years after it had been using suspended address info.

Good Luck.

While the going is good, go with it. But Greenbean is right; don't expect eBay to ignore it forever. That one day you will start pumping up sales, good feedback, become TRS, even get the retarded reward printouts from ebay, then BAM! you will be suspended 2 days later because someone at ebay stopped picking their nose or surfing p@rn and took a closer look at your account for whatever reason.
Old 08-10-2014

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
But Greenbean is right; don't expect eBay to ignore it forever. That one day you will start pumping up sales, good feedback, become TRS, even get the retarded reward printouts from ebay, then BAM! you will be suspended 2 days later because someone at ebay stopped picking their nose or surfing p@rn and took a closer look at your account for whatever reason.
Old 08-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post

Good Luck.

While the going is good, go with it. But Greenbean is right; don't expect eBay to ignore it forever. That one day you will start pumping up sales, good feedback, become TRS, even get the retarded reward printouts from ebay, then BAM! you will be suspended 2 days later because someone at ebay stopped picking their nose or surfing p@rn and took a closer look at your account for whatever reason.
That is just speculation. This account has hit $79k in sales last year. One month hit 10k... And everything is still fine. I've contacted the Bay multiple times to lift limits and other things with my REAL name so my GF doesn't have to deal with it. I think there is a certain paranoia in the air but I am telling you from experience the Bay looks at different things like phone #s, email addresses, and duplicate listings, etc. If you call EBay from a the wrong phone# to deal with another account, you will be linked. If you list duplicate listings across multiple accounts, you are more likely to be linked. I can go on and on, but like I said, I have multiple stealth accounts that are doing perfectly fine. I am pretty sure when a link happens that is because something got screwed up on the SELLERS' part.

Here is a roadmap of what I'm talking about.
account 1 - Suspended VERO - name 1 address 1 email address 1
account 2 - suspended VERO - name 1 address 1 email address 2
account 3 - running - name 2 address 1 email address 3
account 4 - running - name 3 address 1 email address 4

As you can see all email address are all different. All addresses are the same. Account 2 NEVER got linked to account 1, it got suspended because it kept getting hit with VERO, and I didn't make payment. After this I learned never to touch VERO again.

Last edited by Youngb; 08-10-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I had same scenario for long time and one day bam! Linked to banned account... It took about 4yrs....

I think older accounts were more solid and that would never work these "new" times with all the changes....
Old 08-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
I had same scenario for long time and one day bam! Linked to banned account... It took about 4yrs....

I think older accounts were more solid and that would never work these "new" times with all the changes....
What happened right before it got linked? Usually there has to be an event tied to the linkage. Did you call them? Did you change info on your account?
Old 08-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

The reality is that eBay is well known for suspending friends and family members who live at the same address or share IP's. I don't know if they have cooled off on this behavior a bit, but yes they are perfectly capable of it. My guess: don't rack up any violations because then some eBay twit will take a closer look during a manual review of your practices, and drop their coffee in their lap, "holy $h!t we should have suspended this dude years ago!".
Old 08-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

More power to you for this. I'd still make accounts that cannot be linked in any way to the ones you are running. Interesting insight into how ebay may view certain information on an account. Good info, thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to nodeal For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (08-10-2014)
Old 08-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
More power to you for this. I'd still make accounts that cannot be linked in any way to the ones you are running. Interesting insight into how ebay may view certain information on an account. Good info, thanks.

I am glad you was able to see the overall point of my post. I think EBay looks at certain things to link but I do not think physical address is top priority. But that is just my experience.
Old 08-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngb View Post
I am glad you was able to see the overall point of my post. I think EBay looks at certain things to link but I do not think physical address is top priority. But that is just my experience.
It's not that your pov is not seen.

It is more our experiences ( all confirmed, all most painful) that ebay will zap accounts out of nowhere.

None of us want you to be unaware of this.

Try not to put your full trust in a devious company.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (08-10-2014)
Old 08-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

You want us to convince you that eBay will do nothing, to make you feel better. But the best option is to prepare more accounts and expect the worst from eBay. That way, your world won't come crashing down if/(when) ebay strikes. The forum is full of stories of people who were on eBay for 10+ years, no violations, thought they were invincible, then bam! eBay got them for some stupid reason.
Old 08-10-2014

Its a mix of inhuman and human - the chain-gang..or the bot-gang! The more advanced eBay system becomes , the more challenging it will always be to reason with. The street copers are trained to never trust any citizen and, profiling is the way of command and control'/'conquer' (eB) =( a moto i juzt thought of for eB-- 'let the bots pick em 'N we'll kick em!'
But every account whether playing the rules or not isn't the same unless, you obviously created some link yourself then that only leads your account out of the users hands and more into computer land→then ultimately review land and if the lady above says you are not bestbuy.com or joanna selling joannes fabrics...cool rep (rare) is chance of account living...clueless & brainless rep = chance, also. Damn do I make any sense? Or science ?lol

bet the system always measures an account based on differences and similarities whether whatever it is or was that gets even the most square looking account under the eyes of SOME ebay employees to act on (ohjesus) and make a decision, decisions that shouldn't be put in the hands of ___________ and need be regulated in a more serious adult w@y..

I Bet a good portion of unjustified, coin flipping, future predictable decisions and more that get filed for a review is just a mathematical algorithm of numbers = mc999. Unbelievably, that is the only answer they have , who knows haha. Thats why that won't tell you because they don't know and fabricating the answer or reason.. from what?

Why they don't tell won't hurt them. What they really don't know, won't hurt them. - 'trust and safety'.

who are we trustin? And what's safe? Ask them that (seller only!!)

The only way to outnumber the erroneous and unpredictable and stay in business is more backup accounts. On one day I will.
Old 08-10-2014
Threadstarter  

I am not asking for verification on this. I am just giving insight on to what is going on with my accounts and how I've managed to still stay under the radar. Instead of thinking about everything that can go wrong we should be asking each other how? and why has the accounts been open for so long?

Last edited by Youngb; 08-10-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

and why has the accounts been open for so long?

It's a fluke, that's all. Do not depend on it solely to keep going. Every day it stays up is a day to be thankful for.