How do you manage multiple Ebay address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-28-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default How do you manage multiple Ebay address?

I see that many people are having many Ebay accounts, but if I have 5 Ebay accounts, I need to have 5 different address. If I don't have an option to "use friends address", I'll just have to open mail box (at UPS for instance), is that how people handling the address?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: How do you manage multiple Ebay address?

That is the best method.
Old 08-28-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

The best option is definitely having access to the address, as you have mentioned renting one at ups will work

Besides being able to get returns delivered back with no problems , you never know if in the future eBay may decide to verify addresses by randomly sending a code in the mail

And accounts that do not get the code and enter it into the account may get restricted or suspended

I'm just thinking of different possibilities, this has not happened on US accounts but with the rapid changes eBay is undergoing and recent data breach I could see something like this happening

Now,I have a lot of accounts and I like to find products with a low cost $50 max, that yield a high return In profit

Besides not trusting eBay especially with all these changes, eBay has no clue what's going on more than half the time, so if losing an item will shut ur business down than not the venue for that item.

So I turn off the easy return option, which I think on US accounts,will be mandatory in 2015, in site preferences

And I usually just issue a full refund and allow the buyer to keep the item, because I don't get many, and if I do the loss is well covered

And I'll use an address like a lot for sale or warehouse or something along that line.

I have also used the Avery return labels , the tiny thin size where I'd print an address I have access to, and it fits perfect right over the postage address leaving the name, which I use my eBay ID

But on high value items, get a correct address, because that will not be good enough to a buyer that knows the system and refuses and wants to return only to the address on file, so in that instance u will lose money and item

Accounts where the item is too high cost that I need the return, I get a ups address

So,there is many things to think about, and everything gets tailored to how many accounts you want to have and operate, everyone may have there own unique system that follows stealth principles
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
funny0529 (08-29-2014)
Old 08-30-2014

Longevity: 59%

Shark is right on with all he said, but I want to add one bit of info I've learned....if you ever get in a bind where a buyer is going to return an item, and you need them to send it back to a different address than ebay has given them...give them their refund FIRST before they have to return it.

They rarely care about things like where to send it back once they have their $$. They adopt a "I'll send it wherever he wants, I don't care if it gets there or not" attitude...which is what we want!
Old 08-30-2014

Longevity: 66%
Cool Re: How do you manage multiple Ebay address?

It's a good point to:

- Add on a printed paper a "return form" with the address there. Many stores do that these days;
- Add on a small piece of paper an e-mail or to write there exclusively they want to return (within 14 days in EU, within 30 days in DE, within "X" days depends of your listing description and if you want to receive the Top-rated Badge some day), and to mention that "the sender address" (your St**lth address) of the mail they've just received, is NOT for returning any kind of items.

As Dmshark25 said: "everyone may have there own unique system that follows".

But I want to mention for something else. These days there're many mail forwarding services/companies that uses THE SAME ADDRESS not for months, for years. Where people from EU buy items from US stores (where they deliver ONLY to US billing addresses) and deliver to the "mail forwarding company" address. The same thing for eB purchases (not only for the general ones like newegg, etc.). There're the same services for UK, DE, FR, don't know for Asia countries (for example RO guy can't buy directly item from DE, he needs a DE mail forwarding company, so therefore using the DE's address to deliver the item). So in the end - many people who purchase items and "forwards" them using companies like that, have in their's "Delivery address" both on eB and PP, the same company's address (warehouse, office or whatsoever). And still - eB/PP don't limit all those accs (thousands even more) or put any restrictions.

So I think that only the "address" (if it's the same on many accs) itself raise the "red trigger/flag". But if it's connected with the same (bann3d) name, IP, card, cookies and flash cookies - the acc(s) will be linked, yep (therefore flagging them).

Last edited by PeHe oT PecToPaHTa; 08-30-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Forwarding companies may be blacklisted within the eBay/ PayPal system

Are you using them yourself for your eBay business?
E
Old 08-30-2014

Yeah, as you're saying - "may be" (in the future). So far some companies that are operating around 5-7 years, they're not blacklisted yet.

About your question - yes, have twice. For 2 orders from UK (purchases from Amazon.co.uk - where over XXXXX people BEFORE me have used the same address as they give to me) and for 2 orders from DE (on PP gave their's address as well) - because both sites or products were delivering to only "UK/DE" billing addresses.

In the company system they're over 42k registered users (my User ID was around 42500), they're domain was registered back in 2009 so therefore they're operating for 5 years so far using the same UK address and the same DE address for thousands of items (purchased from customers and delivered to their "mail forwarding address").

The same thing with mail forwarding companies in US, there I don't know, they should already have proceeded over 1 million orders or so using their's mail forwarding addresses, because many Europeans and South Americans wants to purchase "cheaper" techy-stuff, car parts, etc.

That's why I'm mentioning this - I have asked myself the same question as you. "Why the address they gave me is not fully and already banned forever both from eB and PP? Definitely it should be already abused by some members (returns, chargebacks, etc.) when is been used for half a decade for tens of thousands of orders!"

Haven't got any answer yet, except… if both eB and PP (and AZ, and Testo, and many others) don't do "flags" only for address itself.
Old 08-31-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
Shark is right on with all he said, but I want to add one bit of info I've learned....if you ever get in a bind where a buyer is going to return an item, and you need them to send it back to a different address than ebay has given them...give them their refund FIRST before they have to return it.

They rarely care about things like where to send it back once they have their $$. They adopt a "I'll send it wherever he wants, I don't care if it gets there or not" attitude...which is what we want!

I totally agree with poker on it..That's what I exactly do with all my returns. ...
Old 08-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

My items are cheap, $40 and less. If it is an issue that's my fault, I tell them to keep it and issue there refund. They are usually pretty happy with that.
Old 09-06-2014

So far no answer regarding #7. So therefore some people can experiment with this if they feel comfortable (using their own home banned/abused address for a new account, all other details different, and taking slowly into sales, feedbacks, etc.).