Windows Username Problems! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-27-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Windows Username Problems!

I thought I saw a thread or post awhile back where you can buy an external hard drive and store user profiles from windows on it and use them?

Can you do that and operate the profiles on an external hard drive and use them just like you would on a normal pc?

Because I have 98 user profiles on my computer now and everytime I add one it does not show at all on my login username screen.

I dont know exactly what the problem is because I still have 14 GB free on my local disk (C) and all its letting me see on my computer right after I turn it is 98 user profiles on the log in screen.

Im able to log into them with no problems but it blows its not letting me add anymore.

So do you know if buying an external hard drive and storing user profiles from windows on it will work for stealth accounts just like they do on my pc now and will I be able to log in and use them? With out having any cookie linking when using the external hard drive?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-27-2014

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Windows Username Problems!

You can get an external hard drive, google this: boot operating system from an external hard drive. you basically need to install the OS onto the HD and when you turn the PC on, just press one of the F-keys and you should be able to boot into the hard drive..

As for 98 user profiles, I dont think its capacity thats the issue, I think Microsoft didnt anticipate home-users would want to make 98 accounts (largest number I have heard). I think the screen space is just not enough hence why its getting cut out (not your screen space, OS).

I dont know which Windows OS your using, but instead of clicking on the thumbnail of the user account at login, you can set it to just show a username and password login box and im sure it will work fine.

I would say, try the new login format first, look into it, I know it works for Vista, XP, never seen it in action on Windows 7/8 unless its corporate version.

If it doesnt work out, go ahead and get a external HDD, I use western digital, top notch (not for stealth, but just backup purposes).
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
secret storm (09-27-2014)
Old 09-27-2014

Longevity: 64%

As an alternative, you might want to check into using portable firefox or chrome (portable browsers save their cookies and all information into one neat compact folder), and putting them onto a USB drive. You can get a good quality 32 GB USB drive off of Amazon for $15, which should be more than enough for stealth accounts.
Old 09-27-2014

Longevity: 77%

98 user profiles!!! You really need an external hard drive. I wouldn't be able to handle so many user profiles.
Old 09-27-2014

OP doesnt have any issue with capacity, thats clear from when he said he has 14GB of space still remaining. It seems to be a limitation on the OS side of things.
Old 09-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
You can get an external hard drive, google this: boot operating system from an external hard drive. you basically need to install the OS onto the HD and when you turn the PC on, just press one of the F-keys and you should be able to boot into the hard drive..

As for 98 user profiles, I dont think its capacity thats the issue, I think Microsoft didnt anticipate home-users would want to make 98 accounts (largest number I have heard). I think the screen space is just not enough hence why its getting cut out (not your screen space, OS).

I dont know which Windows OS your using, but instead of clicking on the thumbnail of the user account at login, you can set it to just show a username and password login box and im sure it will work fine.

I would say, try the new login format first, look into it, I know it works for Vista, XP, never seen it in action on Windows 7/8 unless its corporate version.

If it doesnt work out, go ahead and get a external HDD, I use western digital, top notch (not for stealth, but just backup purposes).
Thankyou so much for your reply play!

My operating system is windows vista basic.

Also yeah it is not the screen space/screen size at all on the login screen because I can scroll down to the very bottom when im on my login screen and it stops at 98 user profiles total.

The problem is my operating system windows vista basic.

Also the usernames I created past 98 are not deleted I can see ALL of them when im in the parental controls but its only displaying 98 total in my login screen.

I looked into setting up a different format for my login screen as you said but that can be very dangerous doing so you may not be able to even log into your accounts afterwards and the accounts would be locked.

So im either thinking of buying a second computer and doing my work with 2 computers or buying an external hard drive?

Is there a video tutorial that you can show me of how you would use an external hard drive for making so many accounts on one and showing how it functions?

Thanks again!

Last edited by secret storm; 09-27-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-28-2014

hmmm, where do I start...

I understand after 98 user profiles you cant see more and you can scroll, my point was maybe the scrolling space was limited by Microsoft when developing the OS because they did not anticipate people to make 98 users.

The only time I really see in excess of about 5 users is in corporations where they use the other login format, where users enter their username and password (and sometimes have to use a keycard to login). If you feel its too risky to change login format, I would say get another computer or an external hard drive, completely up to you.

As for video, just go to youtube and search creating a bootable external hard drive and installing windows OS on it - something along those lines should show up some good videos.

Old 12-24-2014
Threadstarter  

I purchased another computer but its not able to hold 98 user profiles like my first computer was.

Im going to purchase more computers because I need them but how can I tell how many user profiles they can hold? Before I buy them.
Old 12-24-2014

Longevity: 55%

Why not simply Google it? Google answers everything instantly, currently tracking Father Christmas for us via the NORAD site!