Suspended a long time ago? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-27-2014

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Lightbulb Suspended a long time ago?

Thought I would share an experience I have had on ebay... so your probably here because you got banned from ebay/paypal. I dont think your real name and address etc. are all doom and gloom just yet. If you want to continue buying on ebay, but dont have an accessible address to have items posted to other than your original address, read on.

So a few months after I got suspended on ebay/paypal using my real info, I signed up fresh all over again, again using all my real info, this was about 6 months down the line. I used a new bank and card, only difference - since paypal wont let you add the same financial details again, it will pose an error message, dont even try it, might cause an immediate link. Other stealth measures should be taken into account such as a fresh user account. All your keeping the same here is your name and address pretty much.

Used the account to purchase bits and bobs, things I needed, cheap items at first, really cheap, maximum I would spend would be £5 on any given item. As time progressed I would purchase more expensive items, like a phone for £250 etc., by time I mean a few months.

So basically im guessing ebay would look at you and think this guys turning over a new leaf and let you continue buying. So this is a little tip for those who want to buy on ebay but having items sent to a different address can become a nuisance - such as going and picking it up, or being there to sign for delivery, whatever it may be.

As for selling using this account, I wouldnt go there. I did it once, it gave me 10 items to sell, after several months, it still wouldnt automatically increase the allowance, and finally lost patience and called ebay, who then manually linked the account and removed all selling previledges all together, but still left me the ability to buy... and a few months later just made a new account and stuck to buying only. Maybe if a large period of time passes by, you might just be able to gain ebay's pardon and continue selling as though nothing has ever happened (maybe, time will tell).

So there you go, a little tip for the community, may not be of use to everyone, but im sure there are few savvy ebay buyers out there who are willing to stealth sell but when it comes down to buy they just want to stick to real information.

What you waiting for? start creating your new account....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-27-2014

Longevity: 69%
Smile Re: Suspended a long time ago?

Hi, Thank you for sharing your experience. I agree with you that Ebay will not limit you as a buyer since they are making money from buyers anyway. But as a seller, I am surprised that you are not linked for the second try. And I thought your sales limit would increase automatically. I am about to start a new stealth account, but how can I raise the selling limit?? I will start to sell with a new company but I don't know what to do if Ebay ask for my personal SSN as the caller rather than company's EIN in the states... Anyone else has any suggestions?
Old 09-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Suspended a long time ago?

My advice was solely for buyers who have difficulty obtaining an accessible address to have their items delivered to, or if this caused a nuisance to them.

If you want to sell, get a stealth account. Regarding SSN, EIN, not too sure about all that since im in the UK. But from what I heard, its recommended to use EIN as most people have messed up their SSN. Assuming EIN are more readily available than SSN.
Old 09-27-2014

Longevity: 69%
Smile Re: Suspended a long time ago?

Thank you, I will study on it.I just worried that Ebay will ask for caller's SSN. though I will give the EIN. I got another account that call on monthly basis
Old 09-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Suspended a long time ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryc View Post
Thank you, I will study on it.I just worried that Ebay will ask for caller's SSN. though I will give the EIN. I got another account that call on monthly basis
Avoid calling them, let the account develop its selling limits on its own.