So I was managing my friends ebay account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-30-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default So I was managing my friends ebay account

Hey all.

For the last 2 years I've been managing a friends ebay account as well as stocking and shipping out products etc. He now wants to get out of it and no longer have his name associated with ebay. I don't know why he wants out and he's just saying he's done which is weird because he makes money off of it.

Thing is, it was fairly lucrative for me. Is there any way I could salvage this account so I could continue to use it?

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%
Default Re: So I was managing my friends ebay account

If its under his name and info then no. No way to salvage it. He probably does not want any issue.

Its best to buy the stealth guide and start your own account and NOT use family/friends info.
Old 09-30-2014

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post
If its under his name and info then no. No way to salvage it. He probably does not want any issue.

Its best to buy the stealth guide and start your own account and NOT use family/friends info.
If it's a legit account, no stealth, and the OP will use their real name and has nothing to hide, then why do you feel he can't transfer the account? Ebay does allow it, but only through their permission. Which is why having a clean account is important in this case. If it's a good account that has been around for 2 years, then why would you waste it? Why would a business be useless if the owner no longer wants it? Businesses sell every minute of every day
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
colt63 (09-30-2014)
Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Learn stealth - forget the friend's account - manage your own
Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
If it's a legit account, no stealth, and the OP will use their real name and has nothing to hide, then why do you feel he can't transfer the account? Ebay does allow it, but only through their permission. Which is why having a clean account is important in this case. If it's a good account that has been around for 2 years, then why would you waste it? Why would a business be useless if the owner no longer wants it? Businesses sell every minute of every day

Because he doesn't want his name associated with ebay.

The OP did not say it was a business/joint account. The OP said that the friend was getting paid as well.

I took it as the OP is USING his friends account (IE info in the friends name) not a joint venture.

Even if its transferred over, if something happens, the friends account is still the first on the list if someone wants him. Which may be why the friend no long wants to loan out the account.

OP, make your own account and give your friend back their account.
Old 09-30-2014

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Because he doesn't want his name associated with ebay.

The OP did not say it was a business/joint account. The OP said that the friend was getting paid as well.

I took it as the OP is USING his friends account (IE info in the friends name) not a joint venture.

Even if its transferred over, if something happens, the friends account is still the first on the list if someone wants him. Which may be why the friend no long wants to loan out the account.

OP, make your own account and give your friend back their account.
And that's why I said to go to ebay and officially transfer the account over to the OP so that his friends name is no longer associated with it. I thought I stated that pretty clearly

If his friends name is on the account, and the friend no longer wants his name on the account, then the OP can transfer the account over to his name.

What OP hasn't mentioned, is why any of this exists. Who's stuff is being sold. Why the friend is making money off it. And if his name is tainted in any way on ebay.

Everyone talks about starting another stealth account, but 2 years worth of selling , with an account that is probably high limit, is not something to just throw away, and I don't know why everyone is so nonchalant about doing so.

IF he is able to " buy" a pre existing business, then why the hell should he have to start from scratch, with absolutely nothing?

He can add a stealth account into his portfolio on top of this account. Again, this all implies that the OP is able to provide real info.
Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
And that's why I said to go to ebay and officially transfer the account over to the OP so that his friends name is no longer associated with it. I thought I stated that pretty clearly

If his friends name is on the account, and the friend no longer wants his name on the account, then the OP can transfer the account over to his name.

What OP hasn't mentioned, is why any of this exists. Who's stuff is being sold. Why the friend is making money off it. And if his name is tainted in any way on ebay.

Everyone talks about starting another stealth account, but 2 years worth of selling , with an account that is probably high limit, is not something to just throw away, and I don't know why everyone is so nonchalant about doing so.

IF he is able to " buy" a pre existing business, then why the hell should he have to start from scratch, with absolutely nothing?

He can add a stealth account into his portfolio on top of this account. Again, this all implies that the OP is able to provide real info.
because even if you state it or not, the friend is the first person they will go to.

What if the friend has an SSN attached?
Hes linked, ebay doesnt toss away info so his friend is liable, transfer or not. The account hits a snag, they are going after the friends SSN.

Even if he can provide real info, its not the OPs info, its the friends.

What if the OP was banned previously? Do you think ebay is going to transfer the name to an already banned person and say we forgive you?

The OP needs to start their own account and build it up like we all have.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
kittylove (10-05-2014)
Old 09-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 59%

Hi Guys

Thank you very much for your candid input. I will clarify a bit. My buddy provided funds to get him going and to buy stock and help out whenever things were tight.

He has since indicated that he doesn't want the ta x issues that could possibly be associated with the account in his name. I have been listing, shipping, and handling emails etc. I get a cut, and he gets a cut.

I also however, have my own seller account already that is over 4 years old and it does mediocre. We both sell in the same niche so we're kind of competition, but I get a nice slice of his and he was always ok with me doing my own thing.

Both accounts are in excellent standing as we don't sell anything that breaks any ebay rules, but I do keep the accounts separate. Separate computers, internets etc.

-whataripoff
Old 09-30-2014

Longevity: 96%

James13v, I have been quering this for some time, how do I do this transfer as I thought ebay were really strict on this, I've asked this before but still can't get my head around it. I see ebay businesses sell all the time yet i can't find out much about the transfer process, pity not the old days where you just changed paypal email to yours and then change name. Does any documentation need to be presented and if so what? If you bought a well establsihed ebay account and you wanted to run this along with your smaller existing one (you can run two) how would I do this transfer if the other party is happy with?

Last edited by mudrat26; 09-30-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

mudrat26

Why ask a USA user about the issue when the matters are done differently in the two countries?

You are going to get assumptions and not facts.

Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Quote:
because even if you state it or not, the friend is the first person they will go to.

What if the friend has an SSN attached?
Hes linked, ebay doesnt toss away info so his friend is liable, transfer or not. The account hits a snag, they are going after the friends SSN.

The OP needs to start their own account and build it up like we all have.
OP is in Canada though.

Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

You can absolutely take over his account. I buy HUGE ebay businesses regularly. Bought an ebay company today with 10,000+ feedback for example.

ENTIRELY NEW PAYPAL OR EIN the account with your NEW company info.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
mudrat26 (10-22-2014)
Old 10-01-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
You can absolutely take over his account. I buy HUGE ebay businesses regularly. Bought an ebay company today with 10,000+ feedback for example.

ENTIRELY NEW PAYPAL OR EIN the account with your NEW company info.
I think this is the way to go, if you really want to keep building your online business, and of course there is a ton of research u will need to do when acquiring it just like any other business
Good For You yankee
Old 10-11-2014

Hi Yankee thanks for input, so to take over you just added your paypal to the ebay account, did you not have to fax in any details?
Old 10-22-2014

Yankee are you still posting on here?
Old 10-22-2014

I just need to know what documents are required if any