Want to change my address to an existing accounts address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-19-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Want to change my address to an existing accounts address

Hi, I'm wanting to change my address of my main stealth account to my existing home address, but I'm using my existing home address for another account but I want to make it seem like I just moved to that address.

Basically I am trying to stop using stealth accounts because I'm only selling one type of product and having stealth accounts doesn't really make sense (I already have a lot of accounts aging if I need to start using stealths again in the future) + I wan't to save money by not using a dongle service. Also now I won't have to struggle with the crappy 3g/4g speeds I can work all from one computer with my fios speed.

Why do I wan't to change my address to this account specifically?

because it is the oldest, has the most feedback, and has my LLC attached to it, and LLC registration costs cost 500 dollars in Texas so I don't want to just dump the LLC.

Do you guys think I should change my address to my main account or should I just stop using that account and start selling on the account that has my current address already? Maybe I can call the IRS and ask them to give me a new tax id number that is associated with the LLC and attach that number to my non-main account.

This is a big decision for me, something I've been thinking about doing for many months. Any insight would be helpful, thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-19-2014

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Want to change my address to an existing accounts address

Adding a shipping/return address may be your best bet. But if the other account goes down, you are done.

Protect your LLC and do what is best.
lightmaria (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014
Threadstarter  

ya, but I also buy a lot of stuff so I'd need to add it as a buying address as well.

Thank you for your response
Old 10-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

You do realize that it would be easier to just go open a P.O. Box in your Name and use that for purchases....right? Seems like your making this super complicated.
Old 10-19-2014
Threadstarter  

hmmm if I replaced my return address/buyers address with a PO box address would that raise redflags as ebay?

And plus PO boxes cost money, I'm trying to limit all expenses. But it's a definite possibility, I may do that.

Oh and also if I bought something on ebay and get shipped to my PO box, it would come in a different name and wouldn't match the name on file, is that a problem?
The Following User Says Thank You to lightmaria For This Useful Post:
Rambo3 (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmaria View Post
hmmm if I replaced my return address/buyers address with a PO box address would that raise redflags as ebay?

And plus PO boxes cost money, I'm trying to limit all expenses. But it's a definite possibility, I may do that.

Oh and also if I bought something on ebay and get shipped to my PO box, it would come in a different name and wouldn't match the name on file, is that a problem?
It could be if you have an annoying nosy carrier
Old 10-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

You will raise more flags with the same address on 2 accounts. PO Box definitely seems safer in this case.
Old 10-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
PO Box is a professional move for business.
Old 10-20-2014

Quote:
ya, but I also buy a lot of stuff so I'd need to add it as a buying address as well.
My main eBay account has three shipping addresses; US, US-Canada Border and Canada, they all work depending on what I want to buy.

I am sure with stealth accounts spreading like wildfire, many of us use the same address for some accounts.
Old 10-20-2014
Threadstarter  

thanks guys, i'm thinking i don't even need to really change the address I think it's fine I add a note to all my packages containing my real address and my contact information so if they need to make a return they usually just text me or email me, I just wanted to change the address so I could have an account that was as close to real as possible and also so when I buy stuff off ebay it comes to my house, but I'll just ask my friend to buy stuff off ebay if i need to.

thanks again