Has anyone come up with Any NEW ways of buying from a stealth account? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-20-2014
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Re: Has anyone come up with Any NEW ways of buying from a stealth account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmaria View Post
if you have a USPS PO box attached to a stealth account, will they let packages enter the PO box even though the name on shipping label doesn't match your real name on PO Box?
Yep! Certaintly will
remember. Their job is to deliver the package to the recipient. The recipient in this case is always the address regardless of name.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-21-2014

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: Has anyone come up with Any NEW ways of buying from a stealth account?

I think it depends on your local post office and how well they know you. You also could be out of luck if you have to sign for the return and it's in a mismatched name.

I rarely get returns, but I do have one particularly memorable one. The mail carrier left one of those "sorry we missed you" slips in my PO box and so I had to pick it up at the counter. For picking up packages I usually have to show my ID and this time was no different. Apparently the buyer requested a signature confirmation for it. Long story short, the post office worker let me have the package because the recipient's last name matched mine. This was an old stealth account of mine where I decided to use my real last name, so I was lucky.

There was also one other instance of me getting a returned package in a completely mismatched stealth name where the tracking showed delivered but it didn't actually show up in my box until a week later. I suppose they weren't sure what to do with it.

To avoid this, I just put a company name in the "contact name" field instead of a stealth name for the primary return address. Haven't had any issues since then.
The Following User Says Thank You to plumsake2 For This Useful Post:
lamos1 (10-22-2014)
Old 10-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo3 View Post
Yep! Certaintly will
remember. Their job is to deliver the package to the recipient. The recipient in this case is always the address regardless of name.
True - rarely some postal workers can be d*cks about name of delivery
Old 10-21-2014

Longevity: 55%

I think it will be based on why the account was suspended. If the account was suspended indefinitely for buying and selling then you will probably have problems trying to buy from that account.

Check your original suspension email from eBay and see exactly what it says. It could very well be your account was suspended for selling but you can still use it to make purchases, then you should be ok.

Of course be careful how you login with that account....

Hold on, maybe I didn't get this correctly from the beginning but your stealth account is a suspended account or not?

Last edited by nostro; 10-21-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-21-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostro View Post
I think it will be based on why the account was suspended. If the account was suspended indefinitely for buying and selling then you will probably have problems trying to buy from that account.

Check your original suspension email from eBay and see exactly what it says. It could very well be your account was suspended for selling but you can still use it to make purchases, then you should be ok.

Of course be careful how you login with that account....

Hold on, maybe I didn't get this correctly from the beginning but your stealth account is a suspended account or not?
LOL

Ok....

- NONE of my account are suspended
- I have a few stealth's all in GOOD STANDING
- And i have a legit account in good standing

I understand what everyone is telling me. I am going to need a PO BOX regardless. I am going to set that up soon.

BUT.....

Basically i do not want to link any accounts to each other.

My goal was to have the product sent to my home.. or any other of my accessible addresses, from either one of my stealths.. without getting them linked.

So let me give this a shot

Stealth 1 ---- > ADDRESS 1
Stealth 2 ---- > ADDRESS 1
Stealth 3 ---- > ADDRESS 1

Obviously adding them as a shipping address would link accounts together. And, so would messaging.

I do not mind having 1 or 2 po boxes... BUT having more than that could be costly.. and even raise flags..

I am not sure if adding notes before checkout would be a risky method. I tried emailing the seller.. but do not think he checks it..

And, i do understand also that maybe what i am trying to do is.... i donno.. not quite possible yet or feasible..

-_-
Old 10-21-2014

Longevity: 64%

Beyond the 1 or 2 PO Boxes, maybe consider a mail forwarding company. They normally are for people living in a different country that want to buy from American websites, but most of them also allow American residents to use their services. Some have monthly fees, some don't. I would say PO boxes are the best option, but if you're looking for a cost effective way to get an extra address after you have a few PO boxes, it's worth a shot.

I use one for a stealth of mine that doesn't get a lot of returns. No monthly fees so it's cheaper than a PO box, but I have to pay the forwarding company the cost of shipping my mail to me plus a slight markup so this wouldn't be a great option if you plan on getting a lot of returns (especially heavy ones) or need your mail right away.
Old 10-21-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

@RAMBO3

If the seller is a big seller, usually notes will get looked over, especially when your printing out a lot of postage

And it may not get read at all or not until it's shipped out, so unless it's a very low priced item than I wouldn't risk it, plus besides that you don't want an address that is in use by someone else receive a package from eBay, this can cause trouble for you and your account

So notes at the transaction are not reliable, and if you can't get a message back from the seller, than they rarely look at messages or just don't want to be bothered sending to a different address

Plus, anything you type into eBay messaging, deleted or not if reviewed the rep can see all info, and although it may be a long shot linking u this way, you never know

So to keep your accounts all separate you will need to have an address that u need access to

Maybe If you plain on repeat business with a seller, than you will have there email address and you can email them directly if you planned on purchasing from them often and wanted to ask if they will be willing to,send to an unverified address

But if the item is of any value and besides that with the new defects, sellers don't want to risk doing the type of transaction ur looking to do
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
Rambo3 (10-21-2014)
Old 10-21-2014
Threadstarter  

@DMSHARK
Agreed!
I was able to get the email.. and still no answer

Like the first few posts.. no rocking the boat.. no short cuts haha

I'll get a few Boxes.. and check out the fowarding services.
Which are more expensive?
Old 10-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Go get a P.O. Box....Not at the Post Office, go to a Ma and Pa shop if possible or as they are called "box rental" place. Box Rental place is the cheapest.
Old 10-22-2014

Longevity: 56%

I dont know if this is a safe way, but what i did was i bought an ebay gift coupon, email delivery from a seller
I then just used it in the account where i have an accesible address.
Old 10-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanxyz0z View Post
I dont know if this is a safe way, but what i did was i bought an ebay gift coupon, email delivery from a seller
I then just used it in the account where i have an accesible address.
Good work around!
Did not think of that....

BUT HOLD UP NOT SO FAST RAMBO...

They could probably see what user purchased
and what user used it...
Not so difficult to track
Old 10-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Your killing me Rambo.....killing me!
Old 10-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Your killing me Rambo.....killing me!
HAHA!!!
I'm just cracking jokes now

Thanks i do appreciate already found a good BOX Rental!
Old 10-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo3 View Post
HAHA!!!
I'm just cracking jokes now

Thanks i do appreciate already found a good BOX Rental!
I really should punch you Rambo!!!
Old 10-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
I really should punch you Rambo!!!
Let me

Old 10-26-2014

question is not about second buying account, but about using new stealth account for both buying and selling, buying mainly to get feedbacks for new account
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtara1 View Post
question is not about second buying account, but about using new stealth account for both buying and selling, buying mainly to get feedbacks for new account
Shill bidding to leave feedback? Like buying from yourself? Not recommended to do
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtara1 View Post
buying mainly to get feedbacks for new account
That is just not a good plan for all sorts of reasons.
Old 10-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
That is just not a good plan for all sorts of reasons.
So what do you suggest for getting some buyer feedback points using a stealth account?

How important are the buyer feedback points? Are they even important?

Maybe this is not even important enough to make such an effort and risk getting noticed by eBay?
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Buyer feedback is worthless for a seller.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
MM78 (10-26-2014)
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Sell low risk items that can get you feedback, we can't hold your hand and tell you what to sell, where to find these items, etc. People either figure it out or don't.

Buying Feedback does nothing for a selling account, if you plan to just get buying feedback your account isn't going to move forward.

Not sure why this is a difficult topic, it's plain and simple.
Old 10-26-2014

ok guys make sense what you saying about buying feedback