New stealth account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-23-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default New stealth account

Hello, After making a new eBay, paypal accoount and letting it age for one week, I listed my first item (a old xbox game not worth more than 6$). 3 -4 hours later i get a message from ebay.

"Thanks for selling on eBay. It's important that we speak with you about recent activity on your account. Because of this activity:
- We've temporarily restricted your selling privileges until you call us to verify your account.
- Any active or pending listings have been removed. You can see a list of removed items below.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact us within the next 48 hours at this link (you may be asked to sign in):
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=2502&domain=email1505"

I know their going to ask me for my "stealth'' DOB, address, followed by 4-3 generated questions based on the DOB & address i provided them with. *Note* i used made up info for this account, that's why I was kinda hesitating to call. Do you guys/gals have any suggestions for me or any ever been in the same situation and know what to do? thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-23-2014
Banned

Longevity: 58%
Default Re: New stealth account

Not necessarily. A lot of the times with these types of notices they will only ask you the softball questions, like, "do you have the items?", "how do you plan on shipping?", etc. Easy stuff any one could pass. Besides if you don't call in and try your account will still be suspended. If you do not have a bank acount attached to your PP they might ask you to do that. But it could be a rather easy fix overall.
Old 10-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

An xbox game was not a good first item to list.

Next time go with something lower risk.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Charlie_Brownie (10-23-2014)
Old 10-23-2014

Longevity: 81%

I agree, you need something with lower risk, on one of my new accounts the first thing i listed was actually a screw and nut... lol !!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ted123 For This Useful Post:
Charlie_Brownie (10-23-2014)
Old 10-23-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Okay, i'll contact them and let you guys know how it went.
Old 10-23-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Okay, so here's how it went. First phone call, the lady wanted my date of birth, address, so i provide her with all my stealth info, and of coarse she couldn't verify anything. She asked me a few questions, one of them being "which of the following names were you associated with" i told them none. After, she continue to ask me more questions, questions that i had absolutely no idea about. So i got annoyed and hanged up. After coming from the gym i decided to call them back, but this time with a different approach. So i called them back using my textnow app, it was another lady. I told her my reason for calling, she said its normal i just got to verify a few info. she asked whats going to be the main use of the account, so i told her mainly buying(although i'm going to be mainly selling) lols and she asked what type of things do i plan on buying. I told her clothes, household items and that i plan on buying a car through eBay motors. lols basically i made it seem like i was more of a buyer than a seller. And it seriously work. my account is up and running. Although i didnt relist the game, i'm going to take you guys advice and list something more low risk. Through out the phone call, i was really polite, and asked several questions. A few of those questions were ''Does eBay take part in cyber monday" "Is eBay motor different from ebay" lols basically i asked silly questions, the goal was to make look totally new on ebay. Hope this helped guys.
Old 10-23-2014

Longevity: 55%

Haha,i shouldve click on this thread earlier before i made a new thread about what kind of question do they ebay ask when u call and confirm your account...im about to gather all my info and call them
Old 10-23-2014

Longevity: 81%

Charlie Brownie..... Did the first person you talk to happen to be an American... and the second person you talked to that let everything be okay from India ? just curious..
Old 10-23-2014

Longevity: 56%

This is one of the best message you can get from ebay. Call them and you will learn that they are going to ask you simple questions.
Old 10-23-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Both women that i talked to had a american accent lol
Old 10-24-2014

Longevity: 64%

You must have gotten a very annoying first rep because the 48 hour MC999 is almost always easy questions about your selling plans (what item(s) did you list for sale, where did you get them, stuff like that). Good job passing on the second time though. You did the right thing acting as much as a new person as possible.
Old 10-24-2014

I didnt pass the test today,when i called ebay..the rep is a old lady and seem to be very strict..after i told her my situation about calling in..she ask for my name and phone number..which is good..but then when she told me she couldnt find any info about me at that address..she ask me to send in document...and i just hang up..and i just got an email from ebay about proof of intentity request form..what should i do now?is that account is no good?and i already link my bank account number to it..is that bank account is no longer good to create a new stealth account?
Old 10-24-2014

It depends on your reason for calling. If you were calling to increase your limits, you could still be okay - see if you can still list an item to make sure.

But if you were calling because you had 0/0 limits or were already restricted, then the account is a goner unless you provide the requested documents. You could try calling again and hope for a nicer rep, but the identity request will be noted on your account for the rep to see, so it will be a long shot.
Old 10-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post
It depends on your reason for calling. If you were calling to increase your limits, you could still be okay - see if you can still list an item to make sure.

But if you were calling because you had 0/0 limits or were already restricted, then the account is a goner unless you provide the requested documents. You could try calling again and hope for a nicer rep, but the identity request will be noted on your account for the rep to see, so it will be a long shot.
Yeah i was calling about the 0/0 limits..if that account is no longer any good...how about my bank account that i link to it?is that still good or no?thanks
Old 10-24-2014

The bank account cannot be used in another Paypal account. You would need to open another new bank account when you make a new Paypal account.

This is why VBAs are good, so you don't waste real bank accounts. Then later on once you know the account will last, you can add your real bank.