Christmas Season Dropshipping Concern - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-26-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Christmas Season Dropshipping Concern

I started my dropshipping business in January 2014 right after Christmas. Little did I know that I was going to make decent money on this business. Unfortunately I got banned. I don’t have experience with dropshipping and Christmas season so I am a bit concern how I should handle my 8 accounts that I now have. I have a combination of dropshiping and non-dropshipping accounts today on ebay, none which are stores. What do dropshippers do during Christmas to avoid negative feedback due to delays? Do you end all listing or do you just let them run and deal with the issues that may arise from customers who may get angry for not reading etc. In Amazon, I can just close my store temporary but that will also cause sales to drop. Any advice will be appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Christmas Season Dropshipping Concern

the only safer way is to have the items in stock (or depending on which country you are getting your stock from) stop shipping at the end of November.
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Few should be in a position to risk the hassles of transport delays.

Damaged DSRs are fatal.

We close up everywhere after 12th December.

My partner got nearly totalled by ebay UK a few seasons ago when snow stopped life. Valuable lesson learned.

Bunneh is correct regarding stopping in November.

Silly season is going to bring the idiots out. Sell as well as you can & do not be at the mercy of the weather, USPS, ebay or paypal...

Good Luck

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
kittylove (10-26-2014)
Old 10-26-2014

Longevity: 76%

As a buyer I never buy stuff to give in month of December. I try to not order common stuff in December for own use either. Last December was awful even with my free 2 day shipping get due to Prime. I got Prime after took package 2 months to arrive I ordered in December. I get few packages daily in months leading into December as I am ordering my gifts and stocking up on the basics I need so do not need to order in December. But of course like last year sure I end up ordering few things in December as even with best plans can not predict everything.
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Problem with dropshipping is that since you aren't in charge of the items being sent...you never really know if the quality is there and if there are problems with shipping. Safest bet to ensure good feedback and customer service is to have the items in stock
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
kittylove (10-26-2014)
Old 10-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 56%

Sounds like a plan. I will stop selling Mid Nov. Thank you all.
Old 10-26-2014

Longevity: 55%

Maybe get some stock shipped to you that you know will definitely sell, and put a little markup on top for your delivery. And even local stuck I'd be careful selling after around Dec 10th or so
Old 10-26-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Just remember, with the holidays buyers are extra impatient, because there is that deadline

No one wants to purchase an item and it come on December 26 , and they are left empty handed on the 25th

This will lead to a merciless buyer and will do everything to give u the worst ratings and even call eBay

I think that is one reason in January there is a lot of account suspensions

I'd just run the accounts or items you have in stock and than wait to after the holidays to pick it up again

Don't think of it as losing money, this will get u in a mind set for disaster, think of it as protecting your accounts, Because I'm sure lots of drop-shipping accounts don't make the new year.

It's only one month, I know it's the best month , but I'd rather not sell one month so you get to sell the next 11, and than next year prepare in advance, if business continues to do well, start purchasing some extra items throughout the year that sells, that way by the Time the holidays come you will have some inventory on hand
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (10-28-2014)
Old 10-28-2014

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Just remember, with the holidays buyers are extra impatient, because there is that deadline

No one wants to purchase an item and it come on December 26 , and they are left empty handed on the 25th

This will lead to a merciless buyer and will do everything to give u the worst ratings and even call eBay

I think that is one reason in January there is a lot of account suspensions

I'd just run the accounts or items you have in stock and than wait to after the holidays to pick it up again

Don't think of it as losing money, this will get u in a mind set for disaster, think of it as protecting your accounts, Because I'm sure lots of drop-shipping accounts don't make the new year.

It's only one month, I know it's the best month , but I'd rather not sell one month so you get to sell the next 11, and than next year prepare in advance, if business continues to do well, start purchasing some extra items throughout the year that sells, that way by the Time the holidays come you will have some inventory on hand
What would you recommend the cut off date to stop selling in Dec.? How would I go about doing this for like say 6 or 7 stealth accounts? Do you just ending all listings (temporarily)?
Last question
When do YOU start selling again (dec. 26 --> in January??) I've learned a lot from you so any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-28-2014

I live in NYC so I am a little nervous about packages in December. I don't want to be OVERLY pre-cautious, still running a business. Someone told me on here December 10 is a good date. I find it amazing that even with priority you need to cut it off 15 days prior. I never really shipped items during christmas before so this will defiantly be a new expierence.

The start of doing stealth and making it into a actually profitable business..I swear,
I've learned about things I never thought I would give a s*** about. Kinda cool
Old 10-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

December 10-12 will be the cutoff for me this year.....Last thing you want is a package being delayed due to bad weather, and as we all know USPS isn't always reliable in clutch times.
Old 10-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
December 10-12 will be the cutoff for me this year.....Last thing you want is a package being delayed due to bad weather, and as we all know USPS isn't always reliable in clutch times.
Does shipments say priority to first class differ much or does it all get mixed together because of the increased in traffic? I heard on the news they expect a high increase of shipments this year, as does Amazon.

Does Ebay have any sympathy in the event of a item being DELAYED by USPS? (honestly too, don't just bash Ebay to bash)

They can help sellers sometimes.
Old 10-28-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Does shipments say priority to first class differ much or does it all get mixed together because of the increased in traffic? I heard on the news they expect a high increase of shipments this year, as does Amazon.

Does Ebay have any sympathy in the event of a item being DELAYED by USPS? (honestly too, don't just bash Ebay to bash)

They can help sellers sometimes.
No sympathy u will get suspended, best to start again after the 25 th because before everyone will want there item by Christmas and there is no room for error
Old 10-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I stop early December, I am usually out of stock anyway by then and too late to order more.

alot of shopping is starting now, I am rushed off my feet.....
Old 10-28-2014

Yea my sales have already picked up like tenfold. I don't even have much listed just converting like 50% of items to sales within the same month doing BIN. I have NO idea what to expect but hope for the best. I hope I run out of stock, that would be a GOOD problem to have!!

What is early for you? 10-12 like everyone else is saying?
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
oompaloompa (10-28-2014)
Old 10-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

yeh prob around 10th max.
solefoodbk (10-28-2014)