SSN on Green Dot For Multiple Accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-27-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default SSN on Green Dot For Multiple Accounts

SO I have used a Greendot Card to verify a stealth paypal account. I had no trouble. However, I would like to open more accounts and verify the same way as I've read using VCC's are typically a short term solution. However to verify your identity with greendot you must enter a SSN. Any suggestions on how to go about ADV with multiple greendot cards using different names? Maybe an LLC Greendot card using EINS or something?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-27-2014

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: SSN on Green Dot For Multiple Accounts

Try entropay. I have couple vcc with them and I am not in the US. They do not ask for SSN but you have to verify that the card you are using to top up the their vcc is yours.
Old 10-27-2014
Threadstarter  

I was going to use them but their reviews are terrible. I have also just hit a brick wall with banking. I have been paying the $26 to open LLC's and opening a business bank account. Now banks are required to have proof of "Articles of Organization" in order to open an LLC account. That runs about $200 each time. I have had good success with the LLC method but it seems that has come to an end in my state. LLC's on paypal have never required a SSN so now I'm a little worried that sole proprietor businesses will not get the same treatment, even with an EIN.
Old 10-27-2014

Longevity: 64%

When you say VCCs are a short term solution, you may be confusing them with VBAs. VBAs are considered "short term" because you can't withdraw to them; they only verify the account and then they are useless. Eventually you would need to add your own bank account to withdraw funds, for the long haul. Some VCCs can be reloaded (Entropay), and/or can be used for buying/paying fees or whatever if you have enough left on the card after verification (Vanilla Visas).

For a VCC Entropay is fine. Some people have issues if they open too many cards and you probably will need to verify yourself with them by sending in documents but I haven't had any problems with them.

Vanilla Visa gift cards also work for this purpose. They're not virtual (you have to go to a store or buy one online to get one and you'll get a physical card), but they work the same way as a VCC does.

For banks, you don't need a business bank account for stealth even if you're using a business paypal. There are banks that are fine with getting deposits in a business name. For non-business paypals, the most important thing is using a bank that is fine with mismatched names and meets any other needs you may have.

Last edited by plumsake2; 10-27-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

LLC do not have articles of incorporation(most always). What they are looking for is the details of the state site and that can be weeks for many states. In MA for example, it is $20.00 to expedite the reporting on DOR and it is next day.

Your accountant should be able to help with this instantly.
Old 10-28-2014
Threadstarter  

So essentially I could open a ton of personal bank accounts in my area and worry about the verification with a bunch of green dot cards? That would be pretty easy. i need more accounts because I can't seem to get my limits raised above 100/5000

And here in NC, the bank now REQUIRES proof of Articles of Organization to open a business banking account. I went to 2 banks today and they both said it's now a state regulation. I have done it about 10 times before and had no trouble. If we legalized pot they could get their revenue from that instead of small business, but thats a whole other forum. Thanks guys
Old 10-28-2014

Longevity: 64%

Just don't open too many bank accounts at once (at the same bank or elsewhere). Some banks will deny you for having too many recent inquiries/accounts opened and going crazy and opening a large amount of bank accounts at one bank draws suspicion. So like everything else with stealth, just take things slowly. Open a few here and there. In the meantime if you need your Paypals to be verified, you can buy a VBA and then add a real bank later.
The Following User Says Thank You to plumsake2 For This Useful Post:
jayh920 (11-18-2014)
Old 11-18-2014

Longevity: 61%
Question Re: SSN on Green Dot For Multiple Accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayh920 View Post
I was going to use them but their reviews are terrible. I have also just hit a brick wall with banking. I have been paying the $26 to open LLC's and opening a business bank account. Now banks are required to have proof of "Articles of Organization" in order to open an LLC account. That runs about $200 each time. I have had good success with the LLC method but it seems that has come to an end in my state. LLC's on paypal have never required a SSN so now I'm a little worried that sole proprietor businesses will not get the same treatment, even with an EIN.
So if someone who have an LLC,then PayPal and eBay will not ask for SSN ? right?
Old 11-18-2014
Threadstarter  

When signing up for paypal's they do still ask for an ssn. However, I put in a made up one and use an EIN for tax purposes. They only need that info once you hit the 200 items or 20k sales mark so they can 1099 you.
Old 11-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Dont add anything until they demand it. They only ask for both when opening an account.
Old 11-19-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post
Just don't open too many bank accounts at once (at the same bank or elsewhere). Some banks will deny you for having too many recent inquiries/accounts opened and going crazy and opening a large amount of bank accounts at one bank draws suspicion. So like everything else with stealth, just take things slowly. Open a few here and there. In the meantime if you need your Paypals to be verified, you can buy a VBA and then add a real bank later.
So what would be a safe rate at which to open accounts at new banks?

Also, What would be a safe rate to open new accounts at banks where you already have a relationship?