Question about Ebay tracking - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-09-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Question about Ebay tracking

Back in early October, I called ebay from a relative's landline phone to request that my 0 limits be lifted on my first stealth account.
This phone and its number have not been used before or since on any eBay or PP accounts.

Is it okay to call ebay from the same phone for a future stealth account or does eBay now have this phone and number in its system?

Thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%
Default Re: Question about Ebay tracking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddodson View Post
Back in early October, I called ebay from a relative's landline phone to request that my 0 limits be lifted on my first stealth account.
This phone and its number have not been used before or since on any eBay or PP accounts.

Is it okay to call ebay from the same phone for a future stealth account or does eBay now have this phone and number in its system?

Thank you.
Always buy some tiny less than $1 items and get some browsing feedback etc. Before registering as a seller on eBay. You are less likely to have to go through calling in etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
ddodson (11-14-2014)
Old 11-09-2014

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddodson View Post

Thank you.
No....everything has to be different. You might get away with it if you phone from that number but withhold your number.
If youre ringing to lift selling limits, i would perhaps let them.come automatically.
I would avoid phoning about a stealth account unless absolutely necessary :-)
But if you are wanting it as a.start up number for a.new stealth account, then i would buy a sim and then you are beibg completely different to first stealth :-)
ddodson (11-14-2014)
Old 11-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@OP, if that number has not been registered ON THE EB system before but you used it for calling ONE TIME for an account...you're chances are low that it is kept in the system.

Stealth involves all new info - for the purpose of account registration, I would not be too worried about using this number IF IT HAS NOT been used before for registration.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
ddodson (11-14-2014)
Old 11-09-2014

Longevity: 59%

I had the same thing and tossed the number....In dealing with ebay, if there is even a 1% chance something like that can form a link, I do not take the chance...the risk is not worth the price of a $10 tracfone...not even close. In my mind, I can't even afford to be wrong one time...and so far it's paid off....35 accounts ver a year and no problems with any!

I think if you used that phone and something bad happened because of it, you'd be kicking yourself....but that's just my 2$...good luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
ddodson (11-14-2014), jeffweico (11-10-2014)
Old 11-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
I had the same thing and tossed the number....In dealing with ebay, if there is even a 1% chance something like that can form a link, I do not take the chance...the risk is not worth the price of a $10 tracfone...not even close. In my mind, I can't even afford to be wrong one time...and so far it's paid off....35 accounts ver a year and no problems with any!

I think if you used that phone and something bad happened because of it, you'd be kicking yourself....but that's just my 2$...good luck!
Here is someone who is going to be VERY SUCCESSFUL with stealth!

Too many people don't want to spend anything - not a single penny - to run their business. And of course any business wants to keep its costs down. But what is the cost of a closed account? Especially an ESTABLISHED ONE?

The same people who claim that you don't have to worry about IP addresses, browser fingerprinting and such are always the ones posting requests for help because they have lost an account... or two... or six.

ALWAYS eliminate any possibility of a link. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS!

And while it is OK to try to keep your costs down, being ultra-cheap usually does not pay. At least not with stealth. If you saved $10 but lost an account producing $1,000 per month, what have you save? Nothing. You lost.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
pokerpro (11-10-2014)
Old 11-10-2014

Longevity: 54%

Eh, I have been running 20+ stealths with a issue. Some people can't invest in a brand new phone for each new account if you factor in someone new starting with say 5 new accounts ..on top of the negatives they will take from simply having a brand new account.

To each is own. You can walk on eggs shells your entire life, or you can experiment with eBay and if it works it works. Sometimes on this forum people make statements as fact instead opinion. The way the above thread was posted ...sounds like you should be buying a separate computer for each account to. Sounds silly to me.

Again if you don't know exactly what your doing or haven't experimented with eBay to see what works, what doesn't with them...always play it safe.

The best advice I can offer is experiment with accounts. If you can make many do so and see what works with eBay! You will automatically be one step ahead of everyone else on this forum, trust me
Old 11-10-2014

Eh, I have been running 20+ stealths ***without*** a issue.
Old 11-10-2014

Let me see if I understand this....spending $10 on a new phone for each new account is to much to bother with, but spending time making a bunch of accounts and then "experimenting to see what works" and watching them go down is ok?

I value my time way to much to spend time playing and having accounts toasted. This forum is great for learning from others, without out having to try crazy stuff that has been shown not to work. I have 35 stealth account and yes, I have 35 phones.

Like I said before, if you really can''t sell enough to spend $10 on a phone to sell on ebay, why are you bother selling on ebay?

You can actually make that much picking up aluminum cans on the side of the road in a day....

But since you are one step ahead of most of us, you probably already know that.

Last edited by pokerpro; 11-10-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

There is nothing wrong with experimenting on eBay, or on any other venue. If not for experiments, stealth would not exist.

But some users come here and want to know what FREE service they can use for a phone number, and can they use TOR to hide their IP address and complain because a REAL bank account costs $10 per month and demand to know WHY a VCC costs $10 or more when the charge on the card is just going to be $1 and on and on.

They are the same people who NEVER want to issue a refund under ANY circumstances and then complain when they get bad feedback.

Then, two weeks later they are in a frenzy, begging for help because they lost all of their accounts.

There is nothing wrong with experimenting and trying to reduce your costs. I am ALWAYS looking to reduce my costs. But for some things, it does not pay to be cheap. Sometimes, you really DO get what you pay for.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
goldstealth (11-10-2014)
Old 11-10-2014

Well, sure experimenting on stuff that is unknown is needed. But, I'm not going to experiment with IP's to see if they can link me, when it is has been proved. Same thing with re-using phone numbers over and over...but experimenting to go against the already known I just don't have time for....
Old 11-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
There is nothing wrong with experimenting on eBay, or on any other venue. If not for experiments, stealth would not exist.

But some users come here and want to know what FREE service they can use for a phone number, and can they use TOR to hide their IP address and complain because a REAL bank account costs $10 per month and demand to know WHY a VCC costs $10 or more when the charge on the card is just going to be $1 and on and on.

They are the same people who NEVER want to issue a refund under ANY circumstances and then complain when they get bad feedback.

Then, two weeks later they are in a frenzy, begging for help because they lost all of their accounts.

There is nothing wrong with experimenting and trying to reduce your costs. I am ALWAYS looking to reduce my costs. But for some things, it does not pay to be cheap. Sometimes, you really DO get what you pay for.
I agree. Just for the record I was not in anyway talking about I.Ps or using the same phone number. If you know basic stealth theres really no point to even say that?

I just wanted to show a different perspective. Its hard because obviously nobody knows what I sell, how I run my business etc. etc...

What I do works for me, BUT the quote above is spot on.