Another idiot buyer - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-17-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Another idiot buyer

Got this buyer today on a $300 item that had a lot of watchers. He made a offer of $250 and then went ahead and bought the item at full price with a message attached that he placed a "bid" for $250 and that I must refund the $50.

Buyer had 600 ratings so they should know better. I don't have many ratings on that stealth so he obviously tried to catch me out thinking I didn't know how things worked. I don't want to kick up to much of a fuss to focus attention to me but I also don't want to be out of the $50. So i played dumb and messaged him that I phoned ebay and asked them how it worked and they said that it is not the way to do things. So I offered to meet him half way but now I risk a negative on afterthought.

Thoughts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Another idiot buyer

I got a few buyers claiming copyright ⊗⊗⊗⊗ when my stuff doesn't have an imprint of the logo. Lol. Dumb buyers, but you know what? When u think about it, it's because they are dumb is why we make a profit
Old 11-17-2014

Longevity: 59%

Anderman...I'd turn that buyer in to ebay before you can say "don't do it".......That is full blown extortion, and they do not tolerate that from buyers or sellers......
Old 11-17-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderman View Post
Got this buyer today on a $300 item that had a lot of watchers. He made a offer of $250 and then went ahead and bought the item at full price with a message attached that he placed a "bid" for $250 and that I must refund the $50.

Buyer had 600 ratings so they should know better. I don't have many ratings on that stealth so he obviously tried to catch me out thinking I didn't know how things worked. I don't want to kick up to much of a fuss to focus attention to me but I also don't want to be out of the $50. So i played dumb and messaged him that I phoned ebay and asked them how it worked and they said that it is not the way to do things. So I offered to meet him half way but now I risk a negative on afterthought.

Thoughts?
This was a BIN listing? And the Buyer was trying to,say he placed a Bid?
Old 11-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

I had a similar crazy experience with a idiot buyer:

Item is worth $50 and it is a straight up auction starting at 99 cents. Items ends at $60 which is not out of the ordinary. But winning bidding emails me that she had only bid to $10, I had changed her bid to $60, and she was very upset.

I emailed her back very calmly and professionally explaining the proxy bidding system and that it was not possible for me to change her bid. Sent her a cancel transaction request. I thought that I had put an end to my dealings with this nutcase.

A few days later she leaves me a negative stating that I had changed her bid and that others should be careful that I might change their bid too.

Called Ebay thinking if any neg would be easy to get removed, this would be the one. Well three reps and a manager later it was still not removed. Each time the rep giving me an ebay bizarro world explanation about how I had somehow created a negative after sale experience for the buyer. Finally the fourth rep had some sense and removed it. Not before I had spent about 3 hours on the phone with them.

The point to this story is while anyone with some sense would understand that the buyer is crazy and completely in the wrong, you never know with illogical ebay. Do your best to protect your account and hope you can somehow get ebay to see eye to eye with you if it comes to that.

Last edited by Futuremogul888; 11-17-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-17-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Oh yea... finally something we can do...

Contact eBay and forward his email to them. They'll take care of this...
There should be a link in the bottom of his email itself something like "report message"
or so.
Old 11-18-2014
Threadstarter  

Yea it was bizarre. I think he was trying to confuse what he thought was an ebay newbie. So I emailed him playing the newbie roll and claimed I phoned ebay and they told me that buyers were not allowed to this and it was against their terms and conditions bla bla bla. So I think he got worried that I was gioing to report him and claimed he did not know how offers worked. YHEA RIGHT with 600+ ratings he did not understand offers.

He now does not have a problem paying the asking price but I offered a little discount to reduce the chance of a neg.

Seriously always at Chrismas the crazies, scammers and other trolls start surfacing big time!
Old 11-18-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Oh yea... finally something we can do...

Contact eBay and forward his email to them. They'll take care of this...
There should be a link in the bottom of his email itself something like "report message"
or so.
Just worried about the attention with a stealth acc. If this was a legit account I would have reported this joker in an instant
Old 11-18-2014

Activity: 29%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderman View Post
Just worried about the attention with a stealth acc. If this was a legit account I would have reported this joker in an instant
Eh. Although its not recommended IF your confident in your communication skills and have called eBay enough to know what to say and how to say it, its possible to think about calling.

Again when in doubt just follow stealth to the T. I have gotten plenty cases like this ruled in my favor as I felt I had a 100% justified reason to call and plead my side of the case. 75% of the time it really depends on the rep. Get a bad feeling about the rep? Hang up, and get a new one. (make a excuse don't just hang up)

If your mindset is the customer is ALWAYS right (in eBays eyes), you will find eBay customers can suck you dry with complaints and take advantage of this weakness. Sometimes you have to stand your ground when you feel your right.
Other times you have to concede.
Old 11-19-2014

Longevity: 64%

I personally do not like to raise any fuss about anything that has to do with contacting eBay. The only action against a buyer I take is one for non-payment. I think that is keeping with the whole concept of stealth.
Old 11-19-2014

Activity: 29%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
I personally do not like to raise any fuss about anything that has to do with contacting eBay. The only action against a buyer I take is one for non-payment. I think that is keeping with the whole concept of stealth.
I agree but if you have any TRS accounts don't you find it almost mandatory to call them? I mean you can't let buyers run all over you....

I 100% agree with your statement just looking at it from a different perspective.