Used, Charity and High Risk Items - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-02-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Smile Used, Charity and High Risk Items

Hello,

I just want to start by saying that I love this forum. So friendly, welcoming and I have a new home now.

Let's get into my question. So I have some valuable perfume - all real (I work at Selfridges) and 6/7 bottles are used by 1/3 or 1/4. I have a few accounts (2 months old) and I just wanted to know your thoughts on if I should list it? I work at the Chanel counter and therefore even 1/3 of a bottle can go for around 30-50 and it would be great to get rid of 3-4 to help with Christmas. I just want to know your thought and I'm sure a majority of you will hesitate but I'm open to opinions.

Lastly, when selling high risk items. I've heard a few people bypass this by donating some proceeds to charity or listing the item as used? One instance I read a eBayer selling a faux Rolex - multiple actually but they kept on doing it as he donated proceeds to charity and another user listed items as used?

2 questions, would love some thoughts. Sorry about the waffle. TEA TIME.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Used, Charity and High Risk Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsUpWhatsUp View Post
Hello,

I just want to start by saying that I love this forum. So friendly, welcoming and I have a new home now.

Let's get into my question. So I have some valuable perfume - all real (I work at Selfridges) and 6/7 bottles are used by 1/3 or 1/4. I have a few accounts (2 months old) and I just wanted to know your thoughts on if I should list it? I work at the Chanel counter and therefore even 1/3 of a bottle can go for around 30-50 and it would be great to get rid of 3-4 to help with Christmas. I just want to know your thought and I'm sure a majority of you will hesitate but I'm open to opinions.
Selling Perfume is very risky on a fresh new account, I would suggest building up some feedback before listing them.

Quote:
I've heard a few people bypass this by donating some proceeds to charity or listing the item as used? One instance I read a eBayer selling a faux Rolex - multiple actually but they kept on doing it as he donated proceeds to charity and another user listed items as used?
Did the same people tell you about the Unicorns they keep in their home? Not sure who told you this but Ebay/Vero can take your listing down, even if your using some of those funds for donation.
Old 12-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Listing items as used can be very helpful.
Charity is great but not going to help with Vero IMO. Vero is a series of attorneys with court Judgments and take down listings for protection of brand or to block a particular seller for MAP/Price etc.. Basically it is a legal form submitted to ebay.
Old 12-02-2014
Threadstarter  

So we already have conflicting views. I can see this topic being interesting!
Old 12-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

I believe MM78 and I are in the same boat.

Selling as used is helpful for lowering buyer expectations and also a bot search in non flooded categories. Perfume is definitely a flooded category full of foo foo goods. I would make sure you have some transactions on the account and feedback. I would be calling the kettle black saying wait for at least 90 days and all holds removed but if you can not handle a loss or limitation this would be best.
Old 12-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Cool Re: Used, Charity and High Risk Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I believe MM78 and I are in the same boat.

Selling as used is helpful for lowering buyer expectations and also a bot search in non flooded categories. Perfume is definitely a flooded category full of foo foo goods. I would make sure you have some transactions on the account and feedback. I would be calling the kettle black saying wait for at least 90 days and all holds removed but if you can not handle a loss or limitation this would be best.
Oh, no. Don't get me wrong, I can hold on and my accounts are much more important to me than early Christmas money. I just wanted thoughts on it. I already have some history with the accounts and shouldn't be too long until they are at 90 days.

I understand what that category is like but thankfully doing this part time, I thought I could use my discount and unload a bottle a month (I get to take 2 and 50% off a month). Guess it's not advisable, huh?
Old 12-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Test it!
I would go for used partial bottles firstly and see how that goes.
Old 12-03-2014

Longevity: 57%

I have always wondered about the donating to charity but have heard nothing on how well it works in practise...

Using as used SHOULD be fine BUT NOT recommended on new accounts.

You just have to put yourself in eBay shoes? What is the likelihood of a new seller having access to high risk items on a bulk level?

They set their bots on such algorithms.

Good luck!
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

you are pinching the testers?? hehe excellent....I shall come and see you at that counter at selfridges.....right after I pop downstairs and fill myself full of belgian chocs..or tip - maybe you should not mention your whereabouts online?!!

anyway if they are part used and the acc is strong and you do eg. 1 per month, you should be ok.......
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by copley1 View Post
I have always wondered about the donating to charity but have heard nothing on how well it works in practise...

Using as used SHOULD be fine BUT NOT recommended on new accounts.

You just have to put yourself in eBay shoes? What is the likelihood of a new seller having access to high risk items on a bulk level?

They set their bots on such algorithms.

Good luck!
Before every pillock decided to add Charity to ebay listings, it was OK. Then the field got swamped. It got abused, and really badly abused.

It gets treated with contempt more nowdays. Big risk to a new account.

For the OP, your other risk is going to be your category and type of OTHER seller who will be watching like a hawk for these types of listings.

Green eyes of jealousy comes to mind. They make bad consequences happen.

Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Goal of forums is not to aid in how to sell high risk items per say - it's more for stealth setup
Old 12-03-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

If you have 7 bottles to sell, just try not to make them the first item sold on the account, if the account is 6-8 weeks old it will help, and I would list one at a time and spread them over multiple accounts, if you do it this way and listing that it is used along with taking your own photos of the actual bottle you should be ok

Just don't list all 7 on one account at one time