New to the stealth game. need some advice please, Thank you - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-06-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Exclamation New to the stealth game. need some advice please, Thank you

Hello

i have just bought the guide and going through it, i had a couple of questions, thank you and its so reassuring knowing that there is community of support out here, we are not all bad sellers just want to make a business work and its real shame e bay has lost touch over years.

So i have had my fist account suspended then opened a new one ebay and payal then after 1 year got suspended because of low DRS. stupid mistake on my part. and there system is floored, they don't give you enough time to get back to above standard, put your items on the last search screen and expect you to get X number of sales by certain date.... its a joke! so back to my questions.

1. I have never been in trouble with paypal infact they never banned me, have several account over the years but ebay always banned me. I have a legitimate business aside from ebay selling the same item, via other sales channels we only sell 1 item type let just say for argument sake i sell 1 model of pcs that i program my self before shipping. so how can i get away with item description and to stay safe, there is only so many ways to describe a item... really confused on this one.

2. i have a site with my own domain name, ie. smith.com if i want to stay undetected will have to get a new email address from different domain or can change for example xx@smith.com is banned can i make xxxxxx@smith.com or do i need to go to Gmail, really don't want to do this i want to try and stay professional. also can i still watermark my images with my banned domain name will they pick up on this? i know i will have to move my pictures to a different hosting location i.e not my on domian like before... right? can you please explain how this type of tracking works, any one have experince

3. I know how to set up paypal with new details and add bank in my own name and ect... but how do i do direct debit, surly my bank will refuse the mandate if its does not match my real name? or if the address match (Bank account and paypal account) will DD go through and not get rejected or do all name and address need to match? also what is the way around that?

4. and also Paypal now required you to verify your self via a credit check search but not a credit search... confused.com...... i could not see the option to manually send them document which i can easily change... Please help people i would really appreciate it.

5. and the most important question DO VPS's work and keep you safe as long as its not human error? also do i need a less well known VPS's provider?... so many conflicting theories on this.... i was thinking of getting one to use with new id.

6. I am also going to use a new user account on my pc or should i wipe my pc i really dont want to wipe.

Thank you all for your help and support.

Best Regards

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: New to the stealth game. need some advice please, Thank you

1. I have never been in trouble with paypal infact they never banned me, have several account over the years but ebay always banned me. I have a legitimate business aside from ebay selling the same item, via other sales channels we only sell 1 item type let just say for argument sake i sell 1 model of pcs that i program my self before shipping. so how can i get away with item description and to stay safe, there is only so many ways to describe a item... really confused on this one.

Word the description differently. For example, a Seagate 750GB Hard Drive could become 750GB Seagate Hard Disk Drive. To be clear, if an account was banned by eBay and the attached PayPal is still good, you CANNOT use it safely on another eBay account, but you CAN use it for other things.

2. i have a site with my own domain name, ie. smith.com if i want to stay undetected will have to get a new email address from different domain or can change for example xx@smith.com is banned can i make xxxxxx@smith.com or do i need to go to Gmail, really don't want to do this i want to try and stay professional. also can i still watermark my images with my banned domain name will they pick up on this? i know i will have to move my pictures to a different hosting location i.e not my on domian like before... right? can you please explain how this type of tracking works, any one have experience

I would use an email from another domain, gmail will work. I know, it is not ideal, but it is better than cloning the website. And, no any images used on banned accounts should be replaced with different images. eBay CAN check watermarks and EXIF data, it has been PROVEN to link people.

3. I know how to set up paypal with new details and add bank in my own name and ect... but how do i do direct debit, surly my bank will refuse the mandate if its does not match my real name? or if the address match (Bank account and paypal account) will DD go through and not get rejected or do all name and address need to match? also what is the way around that?

You can withdraw funds from PayPal to banks that don't care about mismatched names. There are several listed on the forum, Bank of America and Chase are two of the big ones. But don't use your debit cards on eBay or PayPal and don't DEPOSIT to PayPal from the bank account. If you need a card for verification, use a gift card of a VCC.

4. and also Paypal now required you to verify your self via a credit check search but not a credit search... confused.com...... i could not see the option to manually send them document which i can easily change... Please help people i would really appreciate it.

I'm not sure I understand the question. PayPal is not, to my knowledge running credit reports on all new accounts. That would be problematic.

5. and the most important question DO VPS's work and keep you safe as long as its not human error? also do i need a less well known VPS's provider?... so many conflicting theories on this.... i was thinking of getting one to use with new id.

You CAN use a VPS, BUT you REALLY need to know what you are doing AND you need to choose one that is not well known. The big ones are known to eBay and so are most of the $5 per month wonders. Not to mention, the $5 per month ones go out of business frequently without warning, and you will end up scrambling to find a new provider FAST. I would stay away from the cheap ones.

6. I am also going to use a new user account on my pc or should i wipe my pc i really dont want to wipe.

A new user account SHOULD be OK as long as all of the other requirements are met.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
barkley70 (12-07-2014)
Old 12-07-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 54%

Thank you. So much for your help. Paypal uk has asked for a credit search and also asked i must make direct debit to lift limitation... how do i get around this ?
Old 12-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums OP