Waiting until after holidays to sell - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-20-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Waiting until after holidays to sell

Decided it would be safer with all the stories circulating about people being suspended this holiday season. For now I'll just browse, purchase items, create history, and act like a complete noob. I will also have to start buying things for my wife and act more feminine on the account since the account I bought has a women as the owner...

My only questions is if you have a high selling limit 500/10000 and you don't sell anything on it for a while (till after holidays) (and its been aged already 35 days) ... wouldn't that put me at risk of getting lower selling limits? To keep the selling limits you'd have to keep selling right?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Waiting until after holidays to sell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerets View Post
Decided it would be safer with all the stories circulating about people being suspended this holiday season.
That's a good plan.

Quote:
For now I'll just browse, purchase items, create history, and act like a complete noob. I will also have to start buying things for my wife and act more feminine on the account since the account I bought has a women as the owner...
Creating Browsing History is great but I do hope you DON'T plan to buy cheap items just to get feedback, as I have mentioned it before in other post....Buyer feedback means nothing when it comes to selling, you need real selling feedback. Also, do you have access to the address your going to be using? If not then you might have issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-20-2014)
Old 12-20-2014

Longevity: 59%

As far as I know, I does not matter. You don't have to have active listing to keep your high limit. You might take break and list even in Feb of next yr.( (People might have plans, vacation, and other stuff, wright?) I have done that before, was away from country for 2 months and nothing changed in the account.
The Following User Says Thank You to shani1212 For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-20-2014)
Old 12-20-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
That's a good plan.

Creating Browsing History is great but I do hope you DON'T plan to buy cheap items just to get feedback, as I have mentioned it before in other post....Buyer feedback means nothing when it comes to selling, you need real selling feedback. Also, do you have access to the address your going to be using? If not then you might have issues.
Yes I forgot to mention that I will be trying to change my address to a PO box or a rented mailbox I'll find on yellow pages. The problem is I just bought an account that has roughly 35 days history on it. Don't know if changing my address now will raise any flags (especially if its a different state; Oregon vs Colorado). I might wait for now and instead try messaging the sellers and telling them to send it as a gift to my friends (which will actually be my home address.) I wonder if eBay will have access to those messages though.... That might end up being a possible link if I abuse that system too much... Anyways thanks for bringing that up.

(P.S the items I'd be buying would be more then $5)
Old 12-20-2014

Well, I don't think 30 or even 60 days would lead to a reduction.....but at some point I believe it does and others here on the forums have reported that.......you should be fine doing what you have planned.
The Following User Says Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-20-2014)
Old 12-20-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
Well, I don't think 30 or even 60 days would lead to a reduction.....but at some point I believe it does and others here on the forums have reported that.......you should be fine doing what you have planned.
Thanks for the heads up I wouldn't want to have the account drop its selling limits after paying the extra for it haha ($250)
Old 12-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Yes I forgot to mention that I will be trying to change my address to a PO box or a rented mailbox I'll find on yellow pages. The problem is I just bought an account that has roughly 35 days history on it. Don't know if changing my address now will raise any flags (especially if its a different state; Oregon vs Colorado). I might wait for now and instead try messaging the sellers and telling them to send it as a gift to my friends (which will actually be my home address.) I wonder if eBay will have access to those messages though.... That might end up being a possible link if I abuse that system too much... Anyways thanks for bringing that up.

As I said, buying items is fine your buying them for your needs/wants but doing it for feedback can cause issues....just a bit of a precaution.
Old 12-20-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
As I said, buying items is fine your buying them for your needs/wants but doing it for feedback can cause issues....just a bit of a precaution.
What would do you think about my plan on purchasing items "as a gift" and giving a different shipping address to the sellers (on the note during checkout)?

Do you think eBay might possibly have access to these messages and notice if I send to many "gifts" to my actual home address?

Also, when would it be alright for me to change my current (⊗⊗⊗⊗) address to a P.O box on my paypal/ebay? Like I said I've only had the account for 35 days and wouldn't want to raise any flags by changing my address so quickly. It leads me to believe it would end in eBay asking for proof of address/verifying info with them. Living in Colorado and having an address in Oregon will cause me some problems in regards to returns/purchases...

Any info would be greatly appreciated
Old 12-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Honestly, you should ask the seller of the account, the Seller might have better insight on changing info since he made it.
Old 12-20-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

A lot of sellers will only ship to the verified paypal Address, and that's something you should also do when u start to sell

If you want to make a purchase just Create a separate account, with your real details just don't make it a selling account, buyers accounts are not as easily shut down like sellers accounts, so you will most likely be able to make another buyer account with your real information or if your original account was just restricted from selling use that for buying

Just keep the two separate and follow all stealth operations with multiple accounts so they are not linked
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-21-2014)
Old 12-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

How are you keeping up with help if you repeat the questions in all your threads?

Forget buying $5 items to buy feedback and offering a different address.

Changing IPs, asking for delivery to different addresses ALL flag your account.

Just browse, create some history. Once you have an address you have full ( and good) stealth access with, buy if you must. But never buy the same value items. Buy items with varied amounts or buy items you can use for selling, like stationary supplies.

Not wise.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-21-2014)
Old 12-21-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Changing IPs, asking for delivery to different addresses ALL flag your account.
Woah... Thats new. Changing IP's apparently flags your account now?

I'm just about to install my new router and change my mac address for a different IP to be able to log onto the account... What the heck.
Old 12-21-2014

I have to admit, I have bought stuff with stealth accounts and say that it's a gift and give them my real address to send it to......not a lot......and I NEVER would actually that address as a alternative address....I certainly wouldn't make a habit out of it....but that's a real life thing that would happen....
Old 12-21-2014

Quote:
Woah... Thats new. Changing IP's apparently flags your account now?

I'm just about to install my new router and change my mac address for a different IP to be able to log onto the account... What the heck.
When you change the IP, you do not want to do anything else that would be looked at as suspicious like change your address right away, make purchases/sales, message sellers to send items to a different address

All this is risky , you need to go slow and any changes that you need to make you need to make them very slowly

To log into the account you need to change the IP, so that's one risky activity, so after you get your IP, do nothing but log in everyday and browse around , do that for the next couple weeks before you buy or sell anything
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-21-2014)
Old 12-21-2014

Longevity: 80%

few days after is xmas is a big for sales for me personally. You get a lot of customers that bought stuff that now needs accessories for additional items for what they bought.. its like black friday all over again
Old 12-21-2014

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
A lot of sellers will only ship to the verified paypal Address, and that's something you should also do when u start to sell

If you want to make a purchase just Create a separate account, with your real details just don't make it a selling account, buyers accounts are not as easily shut down like sellers accounts, so you will most likely be able to make another buyer account with your real information or if your original account was just restricted from selling use that for buying

Just keep the two separate and follow all stealth operations with multiple accounts so they are not linked
You don't even need to worry about this, just buy through the guest checkout option on eBay, then no do or don't worries over creating a new user account and whether it will get linked or not, not worth it just for a few purchases that any feedback from is not going to benefit you in any way as regards your seller account
Old 12-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Good idea to sit out the holidays if it's causing you a lot of worries/headaches - just relax and enjoy the spirit of the festive season
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-23-2014)
Old 12-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
You don't even need to worry about this, just buy through the guest checkout option on eBay, then no do or don't worries over creating a new user account and whether it will get linked or not, not worth it just for a few purchases that any feedback from is not going to benefit you in any way as regards your seller account
I still would never make a purchase in eBay even as a guest in the same user account as a stealth account and make a purchase with my real information , I'm not sure about whether they can link you , but I'd imagine if you are on the same user account as a stealth and same IP than even though it's guest checkout certain things are recorded and could be a link

Either way I would either create a buyer account or use guest checkout on a separate user account with a good IP so there is no linking
Old 12-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shani1212 View Post
As far as I know, I does not matter. You don't have to have active listing to keep your high limit. You might take break and list even in Feb of next yr.( (People might have plans, vacation, and other stuff, wright?) I have done that before, was away from country for 2 months and nothing changed in the account.
This I can say is inaccurate. Ive had accounts that didnt sell for around a month and the limits went back down to the base level (Usually 10/1000)

It may have worked for you, but its been the exact opposite for me.
Old 12-22-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post
This I can say is inaccurate. Ive had accounts that didnt sell for around a month and the limits went back down to the base level (Usually 10/1000)

It may have worked for you, but its been the exact opposite for me.
Crap. The account hasn't sold since November... And If I'm skipping to January...
Old 12-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Crap. The account hasn't sold since November... And If I'm skipping to January...
Brouse on the account, surf around. Read the so very (not) helpful ebay how to ebay pages.
Old 12-23-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Brouse on the account, surf around. Read the so very (not) helpful ebay how to ebay pages.
Yep, I've been doing that lately. I guess I'll break the ice and list my first item for sale in early January. That would put me at around 40+ days of aging. It will be a low risk item like a homemade paracord bracelet for $5. After that I might post a t-shirt for cheap as well.

I'm wondering if it will be safe to post an item, have it sit in the auction for like 5 days and on the 5th day post another item (if that one didn't sell yet).