Whats a good monthly take ? what are your numbers? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Whats a good monthly take ? what are your numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
In the USA the legal definition of "big business" is 500+ employees. That is a reality check for all of us, LOL

I like your edited posts oomaloompa much better
you are always better off reading edited posts, sometime mistakes are edited out.....

people at the head of big businesses like that are not on this forum...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 01-27-2015 at 08:24 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteberry View Post
I enjoy reading posts like these for motivation too!
I don't make a lot (in comparison to others on here), 2k a month profit on average (except Xmas).
For me (a new mummy) this is great and allows me to work around my son!
Whiteberry x
that's great.

work-life balance is so important.
josh (01-28-2015), whiteberry (01-27-2015)
Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
I was talking in £ not $ so in that regard you are right.

I have no idea about the big biz range at all.....

not refering to medium as in reality stats, just my perception of mid range, eg. an individual with a handful/couple of employees or a family run business full-time - Reason I know this? have a guess....

the medium range, I was talking net not turnover and in £ not $ -so
would say mid range is $9-$18k net per month.
I was talking in pounds. I'm from the uk. I do 10k in one account and yes profit not turnover. Who cares about turnover.

That account takes about 3 hours a day to run and has no staff other than me. I'd consider it a small business.

My competitor gets around 17x more feedback (so I'm guessing 17x more sales) and charges around 2-3 x the price that I do. a rough estimate for them would be 500k a month profit.

Thats what I'd call a big business on Amazon with mid range around 50k.

As someone mentioned people find these numbers hard to believe because they have no experience of it.

I started out making around £7 a day and was more than happy with that supplementing my income.

Things are different now on Amazon as there is a lot more competition than when I started out but it only takes 1-2 good products to be making big money. Anyone who has products on the front page for popular keywords will know that.

Last edited by barrycruan; 01-28-2015 at 12:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to barrycruan For This Useful Post:
yankee (01-28-2015)
Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 53%

If you can gross 10k a month that's a great number
Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 81%

I did in 2013 100k in sales a year. Although a lot of work. Was mentally tired and physically tired. Going to start it up again!
Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayzpeez View Post
Reason why I read these post about how much people make and what they do, is that it motivates me to become even better. I just started off with my ebay/amazon business and I never thought that i can even make $1000 a month. I never knew online marketing was so profitable!

Reading all these success stories gives me more motivation to search and work harder. That's my reason for reading these posts, not to steal people's ideas and burn them haha.
EXACTLY Jaypees, and here you have answered the questions of everyone who has added to this thread querying why others are so interested in how others are doing with their ebay/PayPal and how much profit they are making! Why shouldn't peple want to know what giddy heights people are reaching, like u say we need something to inspire us these days, especially here in the UK with the recent changes PayPal has made to their ID verification procedures, you can't just keep struggling on continually fighting against PayPal without something to encourage us on.
Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
We have a newer member who posted up seller fees of 50k per month and states total fees over nine accounts is 900K monthly.

Some of us sell a few hundred K a month and others cant sell anything.
I thought I felt my ears burning yankee.
Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 53%

I sell small items that i can ship first class letter rate for a few bucks. During my busiest time of year I can do 30k a month. My slowest I'll average 8k between Amazon and ebay. I must figure out what you guys with the big numbers are selling.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucynda For This Useful Post:
paypalpains (01-29-2015)
Old 01-28-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMoney View Post
I thought I felt my ears burning yankee.

Hehe of course you did GhostMoney, we all read your figures from that thread with great interest!
Old 01-28-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
I sell small items that i can ship first class letter rate for a few bucks. During my busiest time of year I can do 30k a month. My slowest I'll average 8k between Amazon and ebay. I must figure out what you guys with the big numbers are selling.
Hey Lucynda, the rest of us need to try and figure out what those small items you are selling are if you are selling 30k a month in your best months down to 8k in a 'poor' month, if only we coukd sell to those levels we would be very happy!!
Old 01-29-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Sounds like you are doing well.
Old 01-29-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Hey Lucynda, the rest of us need to try and figure out what those small items you are selling are if you are selling 30k a month in your best months down to 8k in a 'poor' month, if only we coukd sell to those levels we would be very happy!!
It's no secret just browse sellers right on eBay and Amazon and you can see what everyone is selling

On eBay you can even see how many and what day the item sells

So you can easily find what everyone sells, you need to find out where to buy and that needs to be researched on your own
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
paypalpains (01-29-2015), yankee (01-29-2015)
Old 01-29-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
30k a month profit is a huge amount for most people, specially if you are a one man band
Old 01-29-2015

Longevity: 68%

I am a one man show, while doing this part time and going back to school for a different degree. My sales last year was around $400k combine from all 10 stealths accounts. My net would be around 20%-30%.
Old 01-29-2015

Longevity: 61%

£5,500 eBay
£1900 Amazon

50% Margin

So I make around £3,500 per month at the moment.

I only started on Amazon in May last year and my limit raises seem to be taking forever. My ideal would be 5k on each site, 10k total so that would be £5000 profit per month which would be ideal for me. I could still work on my own from home and still manage it in the future if I had children to look after.

I got a new machine last year and the possibilities are endless, it's exciting! I like reading these threads as it's like looking at a diagram of the Universe, you really get a sense of perspective and scale.. it is inspiring to dream of how successful you could be, and if you don't agree then you probably aren't in the right job! :D
Old 01-29-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geegee83 View Post
£5,500 eBay
£1900 Amazon

50% Margin

So I make around £3,500 per month at the moment.

I only started on Amazon in May last year and my limit raises seem to be taking forever. My ideal would be 5k on each site, 10k total so that would be £5000 profit per month which would be ideal for me. I could still work on my own from home and still manage it in the future if I had children to look after.

I got a new machine last year and the possibilities are endless, it's exciting! I like reading these threads as it's like looking at a diagram of the Universe, you really get a sense of perspective and scale.. it is inspiring to dream of how successful you could be, and if you don't agree then you probably aren't in the right job! :D
How are you finding life on amazon ? I am yet to venture down that road, although I do have an account with them .

I dont like the platform, it does not seem to be very user friendly.

A new machine ? obviously i think I am asking to personal a question!

Exactly, how can you gage where you are at without sharing it with others.

You will always come first in a one man race !
Old 01-29-2015
Threadstarter  

Geegee83 > How many items are you doing a month to reach that figure on ebay?
Old 01-30-2015

Longevity: 61%

Hey,

Amazon was hard at first, I've been an eBayer for 10years or so on and off, so I found it awful at first. Now I find it very easy and simple and in some ways I prefer it to eBay, you don't get half the amount of questions on Amazon, just sales, it's a lot more simple, I like it a lot now.

Sales, I sell around 80-100 items a day, I make them all myself though, so I guess that easier and why my margin is at 50%. I make around £1-£2 per item, sometimes more if they buy 2 or 3+ items at the same time.

Honestly, give Amazon a go, it's worth it. The one thing I couldn't get my head around was the need for Barcodes on Amazon... I tried to get Brand Registry twice and got rejected for some reason they wouldn't tell me, so I got the barcodes in bulk, 3000 I think for £300 or so. I'm about half way through them now, and you can get them on eBay if you only need a few. It's worth doing as Amazon is very good for sales!

I don't have any stealth's anymore, I lost them in the recent PayPal crack down and as I still have my genuine accounts I'm just sticking with those for now.
Old 01-31-2015
Threadstarter  

Hi, thanks for your honest assessment.

You are doing really well, considering the item is something that you make, and are able to sell at that volume every day.

That is really good profit 150-200 pounds a day, your killing it really.

That is 4500-6000 K a month , better than most high end jobs.

I will have to go over to amazon soon enough. I just need to get my ebay sorted out. I had to move all my items from one account to another. Said account is still alive, however went below standard and my sales dropped from 2k a month on that account to 800-900 a month, so was not worth keeping my shop open, or the amount of stock available when no sales were coming through.

I have barcodes, most of the items I sell already have them, so I guess it wouldnt be so difficult getting it up and running.

I will have to list some select items at 25% higher than I do on ebay and see what comes of it.

Thanks for the insight.
Old 01-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by paypalpains View Post

I have barcodes, most of the items I sell already have them, so I guess it wouldnt be so difficult getting it up and running.

I will have to list some select items at 25% higher than I do on ebay and see what comes of it.
Good point on the barcodes
Old 02-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geegee83 View Post
Hey,

Amazon was hard at first, I've been an eBayer for 10years or so on and off, so I found it awful at first. Now I find it very easy and simple and in some ways I prefer it to eBay, you don't get half the amount of questions on Amazon, just sales, it's a lot more simple, I like it a lot now.

Sales, I sell around 80-100 items a day, I make them all myself though, so I guess that easier and why my margin is at 50%. I make around £1-£2 per item, sometimes more if they buy 2 or 3+ items at the same time.

Honestly, give Amazon a go, it's worth it. The one thing I couldn't get my head around was the need for Barcodes on Amazon... I tried to get Brand Registry twice and got rejected for some reason they wouldn't tell me, so I got the barcodes in bulk, 3000 I think for £300 or so. I'm about half way through them now, and you can get them on eBay if you only need a few. It's worth doing as Amazon is very good for sales!

I don't have any stealth's anymore, I lost them in the recent PayPal crack down and as I still have my genuine accounts I'm just sticking with those for now.
Have you thought about contacting the highstreet stores ? tesco asda etc ? If you selling that many items of your own product a day, then you should be looking to get it in store , you could kill it, that is a huge amount of items you are getting through . 2400 items a month, you should be wholesaling at those numbers