item cancell ,, - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-26-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Question item cancell ,,

Hi
Isit something new in ebay did i miss something ? ?
Some sellers dont want to cancel item if you dont want .. They talk that they will get defect from ebay if they do that . . But how far i know ,. if you cancel and chose -cancel because buyer change mind should be ok ..

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-26-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: item cancell ,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxelvijsxx View Post
Hi
Some sellers dont want to cancel item if you dont want .. They talk that they will get defect from ebay if they do that . . But how far i know ,. if you cancel and chose -cancel because buyer change mind should be ok ..

If you have sold something and cancel transaction, buyer has the option to agree or disagree.

If you dont want to sell it when item has been won....most would probably disagree coz they want the item.

If buyer doesnt want item then they should agree and it be no problem. In this case, there would be no defect to yourself if buyer has simply changed their mind :-)
Old 01-26-2015

I think halo is right on this as well, buyer has to agree to your strategy, and they may well not agree to do that, eBay of course are creating issues like this themselves by their siding with the buyers all the time and marking down seller dsr's at the relative drop of a hat
Old 01-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Buyer can always decline to cancel the transaction - and also if they do not pay, it is VERY difficult to open a NPB case after the decline...
Old 01-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

yes, be careful. If you cancel an active listing it counts as a defect on your seller dashboard and your selling rating goes down, leading to possible holds, no increase in selling limits, etc. I didn't know this at first and found out the hard way when I accidentally listed too many items.

I personally think ebay should change this policy is no one has purchased the item.
Old 01-26-2015

Gosh...ive just reread your post.
THANK YOU for bringing this up as i have been doing it across accounts. Just the odd one here and there.
Hell...have i just jeopardised all my accounts :-(
Old 01-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
yes, be careful. If you cancel an active listing it counts as a defect on your seller dashboard and your selling rating goes down, leading to possible holds, no increase in selling limits, etc. I didn't know this at first and found out the hard way when I accidentally listed too many items.

I personally think ebay should change this policy is no one has purchased the item.
Wow, I cancel listings all the time before the close. Ebay has a big problem...Ebay!
Old 01-26-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

If the listing is Active and you cancel it than its not a defect, but I have only cancelled a listing that had no bids yet, so not sure if it is different if you cancel an active listing with bids, but no bids you can cancel with no defect

And like mentioned if a buyer changes there mind after a bid ended and you open a cancellation request and mark it as buyer changed mind than there is no defect

But yes if your selling items and after they are sold you are opening Cancellation Requests than it will count as a defect, but you shouldn't be listing product you don't have, this should never happen or occur in a rare occasion

Not sure what the problem is with this, you only get a defect by doing something wrong here, not sure if I'm understanding the question or concern
Old 01-26-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
If the listing is Active and you cancel it than its not a defect, but I have only cancelled a listing that had no bids yet, so not sure if it is different if you cancel an active listing with bids, but no bids you can cancel with no defect

And like mentioned if a buyer changes there mind after a bid ended and you open a cancellation request and mark it as buyer changed mind than there is no defect

But yes if your selling items and after they are sold you are opening Cancellation Requests than it will count as a defect, but you shouldn't be listing product you don't have, this should never happen or occur in a rare occasion

Not sure what the problem is with this, you only get a defect by doing something wrong here, not sure if I'm understanding the question or concern
Phew DMshark..thank you.
I thought so too but got panicky there. Ive probably done it 3 times on.each account and there were definately no bids :-)
Old 01-26-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
Phew DMshark..thank you.
I thought so too but got panicky there. Ive probably done it 3 times on.each account and there were definately no bids :-)

You cannot cancel listings that have active bids on them, pure and simple cannot be done, if you try to a message appears saying something like, this listing cannot be cancelled due to having bids, DM and halo, that's it just cannot be done, you won't get a defect for trying to do it because you just cannot do it
Old 01-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxelvijsxx View Post
Hi

C'mon.

You have to start reading the forum, and the ebay forums if you do not know this.

Nowdays with cancelling you have to be very very careful.

It's not the free ride it was.

Old 01-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
C'mon.

You have to start reading the forum, and the ebay forums if you do not know this.

Nowdays with cancelling you have to be very very careful.

It's not the free ride it was.

i know all that weary well you didnt understand me
but now something is changed buyer ask me to cancel , before he should get my request agree or disagree .But now he never receive that option !
So i try different way i bid my self on item and ask to cancel 1 seller ignore me -told that there is some promlems in system ..and never cancel .
Another seller ask me to send request ,i told him that i dont have this option just hi can send me this, hi sed hi dont want to send me because ebay change something and hi will get defect for that ..
Something is different definitely i see my self that .
But maby there is no defect about that , that way i just ask !
Old 01-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

I think out of stock is a no no, if I remember right damaged is a no no. Buyer changed mind is OK only if they agree later.
Now I know why a couple of turds would win or even BIN my auctions then immediately ask for a cancellation.
They wanted to lower my defect rate! Whats funny is ebay would come along later to clean up my account with that 'we protected you' email.