How to pay ebay fees & do it safely - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-22-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thablewprnt View Post
Is there anyone that can answer my question?
I can not find anywhere in this thread where you asked a question.

Old 09-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Quote:
Originally Posted by thablewprnt View Post

If my fees are not paid on time due to the fact that the card is dead, what will happen?
If your fees are not paid on time due to your card being dead, you will have I believe 30 days to pay it before your account gets blocked. Then to lift that, you just have to make your payment and update your credit card.
Old 09-22-2009

Longevity: 87%

The poster does bring some good info and interesting scenarios. I myself pay and link each of my PayPal accounts to my 10+ seller accounts that I am actively using (of course 1 PayPal account to 1 Ebay account to one bank account). I have been doing this for 5 months now without problem. Why am I going against advice from an experienced user? Well not everyone needs to follow the same route. Paying Ebay fees with prepaid credit cards is out of the question for me. My fees are usually $3000+ / month totalled across all my accounts. It would take an extreme amount of time to keep adding prepaid credit cards to pay FEEbay, when only the maximum prepaid card I can find is $100. Have I had an account go NARU before? Absolutely! many times... and I owed hundreds on some accounts and no way I was going to pay the fees after being suspended. What did I do? Go to my bank and close the account. End of story. Done. My real financial info link is severed with PayPal. And all it took was a simple phone call or a visit to my local branch requesting to close the account. I'm not sure how banks operate in the US or elsewhere, but this is very simple to do in Canada. I think I owe FEEbay over $2k and keep getting "ebay collections" emails from them haha.
This way works for ME. I haven't been linked, hit with any overdraft and my other Ebay accts have not been affected by one another this way. Will it work for you? Who knows.. everyone's situation is different. But for ME I have no choice but to use PayPal to pay Ebay. If your fees are only a few hundered a month then using prepaid credit cards may be best for YOU.
The Following User Says Thank You to jtaverner76 For This Useful Post:
Michael888 (05-22-2019)
Old 10-21-2009

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 84%
Arrow

This is an incredible thread chock full of valuable information that needs to be closely guarded.

As a newcomer to the forum I have to say this is the kind of information I have longed for . . . but just did not know where to find it.

I look forward to reading a wealth of similar valuable information as and when time allows.

I take my hat off to those who know what they are talking about.

Be seeing you.

Old 11-05-2009

Longevity: 85%

I have paid my fees with my paypal account like 3 times. sometimes i had no balance in the paypal accouint so a echeck was sent to ebay funded by the bank account on file.

I read all answers of this thread.

What should I do with the accounts now?

PM if you dont want your secret out.

thanks!
Old 11-05-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by userstealth View Post
PM if you dont want your secret out.
I really do not understand that part of your post.

It sorta sounds like some type of threat.
Would you like to make a little more sense of your post?
Maybe re-word it?

Or maybe you would like me to point out the forum rules to you before you get banned?
Old 11-06-2009

Longevity: 94%
Send a message via MSN to alexzin Send a message via Yahoo to alexzin Send a message via Skype™ to alexzin

Interesting,not for me though.But I did use gift2go card several times(for paypal).But it seems gift cards such as gift2go are no longer to be accepted by ebay.

Btw,as a China seller I can't set up automatically payment cuz this only works for US seller.I'm used to paying fees via one time payment way with paypal once the invoice is showed up.

Last edited by alexzin; 11-06-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 11-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^HWGA's advice is more relevant to USA users: UK & Australia can also use the method.
Here We Go Again (11-06-2009)
Old 11-06-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexzin View Post
But it seems gift cards such as gift2go are no longer to be accepted by ebay.

Btw,as a China seller I can't set up automatically payment cuz this only works for US seller.I'm used to paying fees via one time payment way with paypal once the invoice is showed up.
As for the gift2go card you are 1000% WRONG.
I personally used it today and yesterday.

If you are taking advice given for USA based eBay/Paypal accounts and attempting to apply that information to a China based eBay/Paypal account you will find A LOT of information that is not relevant to you.
Old 11-07-2009

Hello we go again.

What I am trying to say is that I read the whole thread and could not find a specific answer as to why it is not recommended to pay Ebay fees with paypal. If you re read this thread you will find that many posts talk about not telling the real reason why it is not recommend that because it is a secret and secret cost money.

That is why I said to PM me if you dont want your secret (the real reason why we should not pay ebay fees with paypal) revealed.

I think it has to do with the bank account on file with paypal. Maybe that is how the popo will get you even with an stealth account and you dont want ppl in the forum to know.

Maybe Im totally wrong. If so, What are the real problems that may arise if you pay your ebay fees via paypal, I also read that Paypal shares info with Ebay, so i dont see the point of not paying with paypal.

Thank you, and sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 11-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^user,

Basically the reason is to operate as a stealth account user. The less ACCESS ebay/paypal have to you, the deeper the layer of protection for the account. Now. thro'out the forum, you might read of users saying paypal is limited & I can't pay the fees. So a vicious circle gets set up: the hassles of being limited, fees that should come out of paypal but can not AND worse dipping into a bank account to get YOUR MONEY. Have no link at least for fees, then there's more control for YOU.
I always say YOU control your own ebay/paypal account. You manage the account your way.
Old 11-07-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Here is just 1 example that I HAVE POSTED already in the forum.
Thread Link:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-fe...-pay-fees.html
Post Link:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-fe...tml#post111072

XXXXXXX-----------XXXXXXX-----------XXXXXXX-----------XXXXXXX-----------XXXXXXX
Information contained in the links posted above:

EXAMPLE:
Your STEALTH eBay goes down (NARU) with FEES sitting on the account.
You want to walk away from the account as usual.
You made your PP account the automatic way to pay those fees you want to walk away from.
You have money sitting in your Paypal account from sales on the now NARU eBay account.
You are trying really hard to get those funds into your checking account before the PP disputes start.
You safely pull $495 every other day but you know it will take you a week to get all the funds out safely.
The above happens every day to people in this game.
NOW you log into Paypal one day and see that there is another $250.00 missing from your account.
How could that be? You only had $225 left in there to pull out.
POOF eBay hit you up for their fees.
AND Paypal reversed your last withdraw in order to cover that extra money.
Now you have lost $225 and had a withdraw reversed.
The Paypal flags are really headed up that flag pole now.
BAM.... Your Paypal account in now limited.
You got $470 locked in the account because you chose to pay your eBay fees with Paypal.

Not going to happen to me.... EVER

This is just 1 example of why you should NOT allow ebay unlimited access to withdraw funds from your Paypal account.
But what do I know....
I have only been playing this game for 5+ years full time.
I also like making eBay pay a merchant charge on the credit card transaction.

So remember you can do what to do. That is your choice.
68whiskey (03-13-2014), allornothing (05-10-2012), butterbear (10-08-2016), coconut (12-15-2016), dockers (02-20-2012), fnatics (12-30-2011), GreenBean (11-07-2009), Hercules (11-07-2009), jnveed (12-05-2013), kevinliu (05-30-2019), mjt530 (11-27-2013)
Old 11-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Again HWGA giving in to the lazy ones. This has been so written here.
Old 11-07-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Again HWGA giving in to the lazy ones. This has been so written here.
I can only make so many posts that say:
Search the forum for you answer.

The lazy ones run ramped here some weeks.....

What are the odds that userstealth won't even give me a Thanks?... LOL
joyztoyzbiz (12-04-2013), MtnDew (06-11-2010), Saunder (03-18-2014), userstealth (11-09-2009)
Old 11-09-2009

Thanks to hwga.
Old 11-23-2009

Longevity: 83%

I always paid through bank transfer. Last week many accounts has been suspended and need to pay eBay fees for them. I dont know if I can use bank transfer again (because of the accounts I have left). Can it be linked to my other accounts if I use a bank transfer.. Also they suspended my accounts because they suspect abuse of personal information.. if they are not sure about my personal ID how can they ever get their fees..
Old 12-03-2009

Longevity: 86%
Send a message via Skype™ to gurik20

Hi Here We Go Again, I asked mу friend to buy me the GOLD card, he bought it but the silver one not gold in the right bottom corner.

http://webattach.mail.yandex.net/mes...&suid=58865605
I added this card to my eBay account, before I did this I registered this card www.walmartgift.com and put all my information, then I tried to pay and ebay gave me this message
"We're sorry your card was declined. Please contact your card issuer for details." So friend bought the Gold one like you said and I still have same problem. I thing my problem is that I receive invoice from ebay for last mounth
Amount due as of Dec-03-09: $250
And New activity not applied to invoice: $350
Should you please explain when I have to pay my ebay fee . And when it’s to late to pay that way. Thank you
Old 12-03-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

^^^^^^^^^^^^
PM sent.....
gurik20 (12-03-2009)
Old 12-29-2009

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolandcalm View Post
Simon cards work for paying ebay fees, i always pay them with a simon card.
the simon gift cards let you register your name and address, so you can just match it up to your ebay account info to be safe.
Old 02-08-2010

Longevity: 84%

Vanilla cards can be used to pay in a Canadian Account ?
Old 02-12-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaverner76 View Post
The poster does bring some good info and interesting scenarios. I myself pay and link each of my PayPal accounts to my 10+ seller accounts that I am actively using (of course 1 PayPal account to 1 Ebay account to one bank account). I have been doing this for 5 months now without problem. Why am I going against advice from an experienced user? Well not everyone needs to follow the same route. Paying Ebay fees with prepaid credit cards is out of the question for me. My fees are usually $3000+ / month totalled across all my accounts. It would take an extreme amount of time to keep adding prepaid credit cards to pay FEEbay, when only the maximum prepaid card I can find is $100. Have I had an account go NARU before? Absolutely! many times... and I owed hundreds on some accounts and no way I was going to pay the fees after being suspended. What did I do? Go to my bank and close the account. End of story. Done. My real financial info link is severed with PayPal. And all it took was a simple phone call or a visit to my local branch requesting to close the account. I'm not sure how banks operate in the US or elsewhere, but this is very simple to do in Canada. I think I owe FEEbay over $2k and keep getting "ebay collections" emails from them haha.
This way works for ME. I haven't been linked, hit with any overdraft and my other Ebay accts have not been affected by one another this way. Will it work for you? Who knows.. everyone's situation is different. But for ME I have no choice but to use PayPal to pay Ebay. If your fees are only a few hundered a month then using prepaid credit cards may be best for YOU.

Would this work in usa? I'd love to walk away from fees after a suspension. . .what happens if you close down your back account? If they don't have a ssn on file, can they hit your credit?
Old 02-14-2010

I have a stealth eBay account and I just pay for my seller fees with Paypal. I never had a problem with my Paypal account getting limited when I pay fees... the Paypal account is a stealth account too.