Changing return address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-26-2015

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 55%
Default Changing return address

Can I use a usps po box as return shipping address?I'm planning to rent a po box on usps to put it as the return shipping address on ebay. Will I experience problem with this or put my ebay account in trouble?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%
Default Re: Changing return address

I am assuming you are just talking about having it so that they don't show the stealth address if someone requests a return with the new system? If so that is what I ended up doing. I got a P.O. Box with a biz name that I use for all my stealth accounts. I don't have it on the labels I print out and use on eBay. I black that out take over. But as far as adding it to my stealth's for the problem listed above. That is what I felt forced into due to the new process.
Old 02-26-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%

Wait.......I must be misunderstanding vogel? You didn't actually enter in one return address for all your stealth accounts?...
The Following User Says Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (02-27-2015)
Old 02-26-2015

Longevity: 54%

i was thinking about this all day today...
Old 02-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
I am assuming you are just talking about having it so that they don't show the stealth address if someone requests a return with the new system? If so that is what I ended up doing. I got a P.O. Box with a biz name that I use for all my stealth accounts. I don't have it on the labels I print out and use on eBay. I black that out take over. But as far as adding it to my stealth's for the problem listed above. That is what I felt forced into due to the new process.
I want to rent a po box because someone is returning their item and I want that item back to me.I don't want to put my real address because I dont want it to be link in my suspended account.
Old 02-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
Wait.......I must be misunderstanding vogel? You didn't actually enter in one return address for all your stealth accounts?...
Because eBay now gives out addresses when buyer open return requests. For every account that I have got one on I haven't had a choice. Can't have a P.O. Box for every account when I am limited to less than 200/20k. I made sure the addy is no way linked to my main account.
Old 02-27-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Because eBay now gives out addresses when buyer open return requests. For every account that I have got one on I haven't had a choice. Can't have a P.O. Box for every account when I am limited to less than 200/20k. I made sure the addy is no way linked to my main account.
You are just stating that's this is in the US I hope vogeltron!, your comment about you cannot use PO box return addresses on accounts that have limits under US tax limit of 200/20K, just wanted to confirm your meaning here because we don't have anything remotely like over here in the UK, or are you purely saying that it simply would not be worth for you to have PO box nbr's on anything under that limit 'cos would not be worth it financially for you and would not be practical.
Old 02-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
You are just stating that's this is in the US I hope vogeltron!, your comment about you cannot use PO box return addresses on accounts that have limits under US tax limit of 200/20K, just wanted to confirm your meaning here because we don't have anything remotely like over here in the UK, or are you purely saying that it simply would not be worth for you to have PO box nbr's on anything under that limit 'cos would not be worth it financially for you and would not be practical.
Yea, because of the limitations of the accounts. I would not be cost effective to have a different PO Box for each account.
Old 02-27-2015
Threadstarter  

The question is "Is po box good for returning items"?
Old 02-27-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvin View Post
The question is "Is po box good for returning items"?
Many people use then for that very thing Harvin, as long as you find one that has not been overused as many have been. Over in the US you seem to be advised to use ma and pa stores that offer the service for very reasonable rates.
Old 02-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Rosie is right - ma and pa stores are good for stealth name returns
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (02-28-2015)
Old 02-28-2015
Threadstarter  

Whats ma and pa stores?
Old 03-04-2015

So it is okay to use one return address for all stealth? Isnt this a flag??
Old 03-04-2015

Quote:
Whats ma and pa stores?
Smaller privately owned stores for you over in the US over here in the UK they will be corner shops!
Old 03-06-2015

Longevity: 59%

So, aren't all those accounts now all linked together by having the same return address??

If they are not, then I am missing something. And if they are, isn't that a ticking bomb?
Old 03-08-2015

When i get a return request that I want the item back, i give a return address for my residence with to my stealth name with c/o my name or company name my mail man is aware of (ie my last name, INC. ). I just state this is the place that processes my returns and I can not receive parcels at my eBay Stealth address. Wordsmith it however you want.

i have had success with this. Granted, it pushes the chance of linking your account but 3 years plus with it and there has not been an issue. I do NOT change my address in ebay.
Old 03-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Smaller privately owned stores for you over in the US over here in the UK they will be corner shops!
What will I search to see nearest in my location?
Old 03-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2005 View Post
When i get a return request that I want the item back, i give a return address for my residence with to my stealth name with c/o my name or company name my mail man is aware of (ie my last name, INC. ). I just state this is the place that processes my returns and I can not receive parcels at my eBay Stealth address. Wordsmith it however you want.

i have had success with this. Granted, it pushes the chance of linking your account but 3 years plus with it and there has not been an issue. I do NOT change my address in ebay.
Is this what you're talking about?
Address = Myrealaddress
Name = Stealthname c/o realname

Is it linkable?Because I have my realname their even tough its only c/o because my real name and address currently is already suspended by ebay.Or it is fine because its just a return address?

Please expalain.thanks.
Old 03-09-2015

You can put a sticker or message in the package with the address on you want returns to go to Harvin, what you don't want to do is let eBayPayPal see that return address, that's why you put it in the package and not in your online details this way the sites will never get to know what address you R using for returns, of course this only works as long as the buyer who wants to return an items does not go through ebay to do the return, if they see your message in their package they should not need to contact ebay about them return at all
Old 03-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You can put a sticker or message in the package with the address on you want returns to go to Harvin, what you don't want to do is let eBayPayPal see that return address, that's why you put it in the package and not in your online details this way the sites will never get to know what address you R using for returns, of course this only works as long as the buyer who wants to return an items does not go through ebay to do the return, if they see your message in their package they should not need to contact ebay about them return at all
That's what I'm trying to ask, because he/she already file a return on ebay. What is the best thing that I can do? I dont have relatives that I can put their address for the return address.
Old 03-10-2015

Quote:
That's what I'm trying to ask, because he/she already file a return on ebay. What is the best thing that I can do? I dont have relatives that I can put their address for the return address.
If buyer already filed a return through eBay surely they will already have sent whatever address you have on file with them to that buyer, that is certainly what would happen over here in the UK, so the process would already be out of your hands, or has it happened differently over there for you?
Old 03-10-2015

In the U.S. and Im sure this works with other shipping carriers but USPS at least has pacakge intercept where you can enter one of the addresses and pay $10 to redirect it somewhere else or hold it at the post office. If I recall all I entered was that and the tracking number.

Worked everytime I had a package going to the wrong address as long as its caught soon enough. No need to deal with P.O boxes or anything.

Last edited by nghtshd88; 03-10-2015 at 01:36 PM.