First post - need some advice on dropshipping - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-27-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default First post - need some advice on dropshipping

Hi guys,

I've been reading this forum for the past 2-3 days, basically found it after eBay wouldn't increase my selling limits from 100/£3,500 a month.

I changed to a business account and even set up a limited company, then called up and they said I have a few linked accounts which were suspended (from 2-3 years ago - my mistake as I sold some ebooks and eBay buyers can't read properly).

Anyway, I've finally found a proper good method, with a legit supplier in the UK. In the past month alone, I've maxed out the 100 items limit really quickly and basically have 100% feedback and 5/5 DSR's for everything. I've got 57 feedback so far at 100% all in the past month and I reckon I should easily max out the 100 sale limit in less than a week in March. The next revaluation should have me at a TRS, according to my eBay dashboard.

I don't expect to have any issues at all with this supplier as it's massive and very well known and I've created a program which integrates my eBay account to automatically change prices by and stock availability based on theirs. So if they increase the price, mine will automatically increase by the same % I set and if they run out of stock, mine will change to a high price so no one buys.

The point is that I shouldn't ever have any issues with fulfilling orders and so on. However, when I called up to get my limits increased, the rep said "you're not dropshipping or anything right" which makes me believe they don't like it at all.

Now obviously, I realise I shouldn't have called and asked for an increase but since it wasn't a stealth account and I've got perfect feedback, I thought it would have been fine. Any ideas on how to get around this, with another account?

I'd love to set up a few stealth accounts but I feel like it will take 6+ months to even get a reasonable selling limit. I sell low risk household items at £10-15 with around 15% margin so need to sell in large volume to make it worthwhile.

Would I be better of buying a high selling limit account on here or just make multiple stealth accounts and just wait it out. I really need at least a 1000+ selling limit account to get started because it's really easy to even sell that every month.

I'm gonna spend the next few days reading everything on here but would really appreciate any suggestions people may have.

Thanks

Last edited by cron7; 02-27-2015 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Few changes
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-27-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: First post - need some advice on dropshipping

First of welcome and good on you for reading around

Secondly, Ebay dont like drop shippers because they want the seller to have physical possesion of the item they wish to sell. Calling and asking for a limit increase was a mistake aswell.

Over time Ebay will increase your limits but if you want to list over 1000+ like you said then it would be best to buy a high limits account from the great sellers in the marketplace section.

I'd say go use Bunneh or JamesNorth as their accounts are great and have lasted me a long time
Old 02-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEbayY View Post
First of welcome and good on you for reading around

Secondly, Ebay dont like drop shippers because they want the seller to have physical possesion of the item they wish to sell. Calling and asking for a limit increase was a mistake aswell.

Over time Ebay will increase your limits but if you want to list over 1000+ like you said then it would be best to buy a high limits account from the great sellers in the marketplace section.

I'd say go use Bunneh or JamesNorth as their accounts are great and have lasted me a long time
Thanks for the welcome, yep definitely a mistake in calling them. Although, the rep seemed alright and said she can see very good feedback. Just told me to keep it up for 2-3 months and we might extend it then. Very much doubt it but might aswell keep working on this account for now.

Yeah I know what you mean, the thing is I see so many sellers on eBay dropshipping, some with 15k+ feedback and they don't seem to be having any issues.

I'll have a look at these 2 for sure so thanks for that, need a good account soon.
Old 02-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cron7 View Post
I'd love to set up a few stealth accounts but I feel like it will take 6+ months to even get a reasonable selling limit. I sell low risk household items at £10-15 with around 15% margin so need to sell in large volume to make it worthwhile.
Stealth requires work, a lot more work than regular accounts. If putting in the work turns you off from Stealth then it's really not for you.

Quote:
Would I be better of buying a high selling limit account on here or just make multiple stealth accounts and just wait it out. I really need at least a 1000+ selling limit account to get started because it's really easy to even sell that every month.
Buying Accounts is one way to go but as I said above, there's a learning curve to Stealth. You're going to want to learn how to properly run your account(s), otherwise you may end up killing the account(s).

Quote:
I'm gonna spend the next few days reading everything on here but would really appreciate any suggestions people may have.
This is the best advice that can be given, read a lot....pick up the Ebay stealth guide.....it has the basics of Stealth.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
rsot (02-27-2015)
Old 02-27-2015

Longevity: 55%

Yes, clearly you need more accounts and by the sound of it should have no trouble buying them after your successful start. You obviously made that account yourself, are you aware of the huge changes to the PayPal ID verifications that has come into force since New Year?, that has made it extremely difficult for us in the UK to continue making our own accounts, due to that need for believable documents for the ID at or around the £1900 EU limit.

It might be very easy for you to sell up to and maybe beyond your limits but you may well find it much more difficult that you expect to get beyond that EU limit, there is much more involved now in going beyond that point.
Old 02-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Stealth requires work, a lot more work than regular accounts. If putting in the work turns you off from Stealth then it's really not for you.

Buying Accounts is one way to go but as I said above, there's a learning curve to Stealth. You're going to want to learn how to properly run your account(s), otherwise you may end up killing the account(s).

This is the best advice that can be given, read a lot....pick up the Ebay stealth guide.....it has the basics of Stealth.
No issues at all with putting in the work as long as I get an account with a high limit after 6 months. I just don't want to create accounts and work hard at them for 6 months only to be restricted to 100 sales.

You're right there, even if I buy accounts, I think it would be a good idea to create a few of my own and learn the process at first.

Thanks, will continue on reading and pick up the stealth guide.
Old 02-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Yes, clearly you need more accounts and by the sound of it should have no trouble buying them after your successful start. You obviously made that account yourself, are you aware of the huge changes to the PayPal ID verifications that has come into force since New Year?, that has made it extremely difficult for us in the UK to continue making our own accounts, due to that need for believable documents for the ID at or around the £1900 EU limit.

It might be very easy for you to sell up to and maybe beyond your limits but you may well find it much more difficult that you expect to get beyond that EU limit, there is much more involved now in going beyond that point.
I had a rough idea about these changes but as you said, since it was my own account, it was quite easy to sort it out.

Now that you mention it, I can see how it would be difficult to get it sorted out.

I'll just keep reading into it I guess and try and sort something out

Thanks
Old 02-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Post your questions on stealth as needed cron7.

Welcome to the forums
Old 02-28-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Post your questions on stealth as needed cron7.

Welcome to the forums
Definitely will do after I get the hang of a few things.

Thanks for the welcome.