List of Low Cost Items to Sell On eBay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-05-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default List of Low Cost Items to Sell On eBay

Would it be appropriate for this forum to have a thread where everyone can contribute links to web sites that have low cost items for sale?

This would probably help out a lot of people who are just getting started or even people who have been around awhile.

We all know how important it is to start out new accounts slowly with low cost items and gradually build-up to higher cost items but sometimes we need some ideas to get started.

Even for more experienced stealthers this could be helpful. Sometimes you run out of ideas and you never know if you have a place to go to for ideas how it can help.

If we had a thread where everyone can go to for ideas on low-cost items that would be extremely helpful I think.

Nobody has to give away any secrets, but I'm sure there are plenty of places online that we can go for low-cost start up items that can be shared and help others out as well.

The links to these sites can be validated by the forum moderators to ensure that they are safe before approving them for the general forum use.

I would appreciate everyone's feedback on this idea. Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-05-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: List of Low Cost Items to Sell On eBay

Why not spend some time researching ebay and figure it out yourself like the rest of us did. I cant speak for everyone else, but I sure like to keep the competition low on the low cost startup items.
Old 03-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
Why not spend some time researching ebay and figure it out yourself like the rest of us did. I cant speak for everyone else, but I sure like to keep the competition low on the low cost startup items.
I have some links that I can share on the forum but I don't know if it's approved and if we can all agree it would be helpful for all of us.

You actually have nothing to lose by sharing the info. You help someone else out and it'll end coming back to you in one form or another.
Old 03-05-2015

So you're wanting everyone to share specifics? Or like general products
Old 03-05-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

There's already many threads on this topic, just use search
Old 03-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
There's already many threads on this topic, just use search
Yep. Agreed!

TGMT makes a monthly yard sale thread for instance..
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
gosunsplease (03-09-2015)
Old 03-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobrockz View Post
So you're wanting everyone to share specifics? Or like general products
No, links to sites that sell low cost products at prices where you can buy multiple items and resell for a small profit.

Just places where you can go to get some start up products for your new accounts.
Old 03-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
Yep. Agreed!

TGMT makes a monthly yard sale thread for instance..
Yes, but are these products from websites in the US or are they UK? What If I want to just buy some products in the US and not have to worry about overseas shipping etc...
Old 03-06-2015

Longevity: 54%

I'm guessing you are new to selling on eBay, and that you don't really know what sells and where to buy it at a wholesale price to turn a profit. I doubt you will get any information on the specifics as to what people on here sells on eBay or Amazon, nobody likes having competition.

A great place to find a whole variety of merchandise is craigslist, yard sales, pawn shops, thrift stores, you catch my drift. You can always find stuff to sell on eBay, search what the product is selling at, and turn a profit if you can get it at a decent price.

I used to sell cell phones, which I purchased off of craigslist. I was making anywhere from $1500 to $2000 a month in profit from doing this. I wouldn't advise this unless you know how to do it though, and be prepaid to take a loss if you do consider it. I sold cell phones, iPods, parts for computers, anything I can get my hands on.

Good luck, do some research. I'd advise you to find a wholesaler from China.
Old 03-06-2015

Heres a tip for startup low cost items....if you want ro build the account fast, be prepared to take a loss. After shipping and packaging costs, etc. I take a loss of about $1 or so. Doesnt bother me because I am doing it to myself and have the means to take a loss. If you CANT take a loss, best not to play. Everyone comes screaming and crying when they lose out of a few dollar item due to a case or what have you....if you are hurting from the $5 loss, its time to rethink things.
The Following User Says Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
pzlv (10-18-2015)
Old 03-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostro View Post
No, links to sites that sell low cost products at prices where you can buy multiple items and resell for a small profit.

Just places where you can go to get some start up products for your new accounts.
Why buy online? There are plenty of places to get things to sell for cheap "locally"
Old 03-06-2015

First, look through your closet and pull out some older or too small clothing that you don't want anymore. Maybe find a few things in your house that you REALLY don't need and maybe could sell.

Alibaba and Aliexpress are great websites to buy from. Note: keep things unbranded for starting up an account

An item that I used to sell but stopped because the market is sooooo flooded but you could try it out. Non-brand screen protectors for phones. I'd buy 100 of them for maybe $2 and sell them buy it now for .99 and free ship to boost my DSR's on my original account if they were slipping. With just a stamp on a envelope, you make like .10-.4 minimum per transaction but it works for feedback. Thats probably the most specific product I can give you.
Old 03-07-2015

Cell phone accessories are too flooded...on top of that, very easy to get caught up in VERO issues if you word your **** wrong.
Old 03-07-2015

Longevity: 61%

please can you tell me whats start up items. stealth or not a man who want to sell his Ferrari dont sell start up items. it customer satisfaction that matters.
Old 03-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by patb View Post
please can you tell me whats start up items. stealth or not a man who want to sell his Ferrari dont sell start up items. it customer satisfaction that matters.
If you sell 1 item every few months than u can sell high priced items, and the transaction may go thru with no problem

However if you are selling as a seller and consistently have auctions and BIN listings than if you list 10 Ferraris for sale it will be a problem on a new account,

So starting with low cost items allows eBay/PayPal to establish a history and trust with you and than eventually you will be able to sell more high price high risk items
Old 03-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostro View Post
Yes, but are these products from websites in the US or are they UK? What If I want to just buy some products in the US and not have to worry about overseas shipping etc...
If i am not mistaken, YARD sales are in the USA.. and so is TGMT
Old 03-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

What's the point of everyone posting websites to products that are low cost? If everyone is going to share this type of info....Ebay is going to get flooded or worse more people are going to selling the same exact stuff.
Old 03-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
What's the point of everyone posting websites to products that are low cost? If everyone is going to share this type of info....Ebay is going to get flooded or worse more people are going to selling the same exact stuff.
Not necessarily, the idea I have is to generate a sort of database if you will, a place where everyone on the forum can go to browse different sites with multiple categories (i.e. electronics, furniture, video games, toys, clothing, etc.) that sell items with decent profit margins that you can buy in bulk or in small quantities for reselling on eBay.

There won't be any flooding as there will be many categories and many different products to choose from so chances of everyone selling the same items is greatly reduced when you have many choices to choose from.

This can potentially help everyone out. Sometimes even the experienced sellers could use some ideas...

Right now I have some links I could share but I would like to get forum approval to start something like this..
Old 03-07-2015

Don't share your links, why would you do that, everyone knows what sells, all u need to do is look on eBay it's no secret

Than the whole idea of making a business with good profit is to find suppliers where you can purchase at the lowest cost that way you have an edge over your competition

No one smart will give there suppliers in an open forum, in 2 days that person will need a new product and new supplier
Old 03-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Don't share your links, why would you do that, everyone knows what sells, all u need to do is look on eBay it's no secret

Than the whole idea of making a business with good profit is to find suppliers where you can purchase at the lowest cost that way you have an edge over your competition

No one smart will give there suppliers in an open forum, in 2 days that person will need a new product and new supplier
Thats what ive been saying....this thread if freakin pointless. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH is my answer. Someone close this already
Old 03-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

LOL Not giving up any of my links/sources......
Old 03-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

i'll go to the 99 cent store and pick up cheap items to resell. some i lose on, some i make a few cents on. I don't care, I'm just trying to build the account.