Update RE: Friend / Competitor trying to ruin my account. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-27-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Update RE: Friend / Competitor trying to ruin my account.

I worked for a man that was suspended from ebay. Because I had logged into his account a few times to work from home, when he was suspended MY personal account was suspended as well. They linked it thru IP addresses. I called, explained the situation and they reinstated my account. If you think this is the case, call ebay and document it! That way if they leave negative feedback as retaliation ebay will remove it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
When you updated your buyer requirements settings did you tick the box near the bottom of the list that says ' apply these settings to CURRENT and future listings' ??

Are you sure he isnt creating these other accounts himself??
Yeah I did click that. I know who all the buyers are. They are all people from my home town. This last one I graduated with. We weren't really friends. It's kind of putting a target on their back because they are supporting this criminal. It's not right.
Old 03-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Put a ridiculous shipping amount for the people you know are buying from you / setting you up for bad feedback. Once they cannot or will not pay, open a case against them, then block and get your FVFs back.

And I mean like....$500 for shipping.

For other legit purchases, place in your auction (MOST shipping in the USA free) or something to that affect.
Old 03-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post
Put a ridiculous shipping amount for the people you know are buying from you / setting you up for bad feedback. Once they cannot or will not pay, open a case against them, then block and get your FVFs back.

And I mean like....$500 for shipping.

For other legit purchases, place in your auction (MOST shipping in the USA free) or something to that affect.
How can I do that? These are all buy it now auctions and they pay right away.

I do have the opportunity to cancel these last 2 transactions because they asked me to ship to another address. I kindly explained to them we would have to cancel the transaction and them update their information for me to do that and they are willing. I already blocked them so I assume they couldn't re-order.
Old 03-27-2015
Banned

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
First up, ebay is not known to give a toss about former friends who have fallen out.

Your immediate aim is to take all urgent steps to defend your account.

10+ feedback might be a bit high.

Take 10, and consider as many option as you can think that will hinder any damage.

Then come back & post them....

Can you let the account cool off?

Have you other items to list?

All options.

You are at battlestations now. Be ready for war.

Old 03-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjantzer View Post
How can I do that? These are all buy it now auctions and they pay right away.

I do have the opportunity to cancel these last 2 transactions because they asked me to ship to another address. I kindly explained to them we would have to cancel the transaction and them update their information for me to do that and they are willing. I already blocked them so I assume they couldn't re-order.
You would have to change it temporarily.
Old 03-28-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post
You would have to change it temporarily.
Do you mean change all the auctions so shipping isn't free and it's calculated at the end of auction? Then they can't pay before I send an invoice?
Old 03-28-2015
Threadstarter  

For an update. He has purchased 10 items. I decided to end all auctions that he has NOT purchased yet. Of course I have blocked all of those buyers. If he decides to purchase items he has already purchased, then I know for a fact that he plans to do more than copy my products. If it happens even once I will probably shut the entire account down and save the account and/or possibly talk with eBay. It's very likely that his account, which he plans to compete with, is clicking all over my auctions which should be strengthening the link. These aren't random ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts he is using, this is an amateur using all of his friends'.
Old 03-30-2015

Longevity: 70%

Actually You could threaten to sue him for fraud. You have the proof. Running stealth isn't illegal. You could also press criminal charges for obstructing business. Or you could take matters into your own hands. Up to you.

Last edited by Athletichunta; 03-30-2015 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletichunta View Post
Actually You could threaten to sue him for fraud. You have the proof. Running stealth isn't illegal. You could also press criminal charges for obstructing business. Or you could take matters into your own hands. Up to you.
On what grounds/

When did you get a law degree?

Need a hellava lot more proof than a few posts here.

dont give advice that suxs.

Old 03-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletichunta View Post
My girlfriend happens to be a licensed lawyer here in my state and that is exactly what she wants to try and do. I don't know what exact laws he is breaking, but that is her job. Perhaps the best course of action might be a letter from my attorney that details exactly what is going to happen if he damages my accounts. It would be very easy to show lost income, that is for sure.

All of the packages he has ordered will be delivered to the buyers today. So I would imagine I will start to find out what his intentions are.
Old 03-30-2015

Longevity: 73%

Be practical. You've got a lot invested and a lot to lose. Take time to think it through from all angles so you can make good decisions.

Bottom line, you can't stop this yourself, and EB won't care.

Of course an attorney thinks suing or threatening to sue can solve every problem... when your best tool is a hammer every problem starts to look like a nail.

You want to explain your stealth business to a judge? Good luck with that. No matter how honest you are it's going to sound questionable.

Even better, let her threaten this guy - you may find yourself explaining stealth to the IRS, along with that name variation you used for the EIN, and whatever else they SUSPECT you may be doing. Tax enforcement is known for a real great sense of humor about strategies that look like they could be used to evade paying taxes, I'm sure they'll get a good laugh out of this story! The truth won't save you from an audit.

This account may or may not be toast. I'm not sure even you are clear how much damage is already done or coming down the pipe at you.

Play for the long term. Give things a few weeks rest. Nobody can pursue this at this level of involvement for very long. His friends will get tired of messing with this in a while.

Take new pictures, write new descriptions, open other accounts and spread sales around. Pick an origin location somewhere other than where you are now.

The bitter truth is, nobody on EB is safe - ever. If this doesn't take your account down, in time something else will.

Everybody at EB has a target on their back, and the clock is always ticking. A run of bad weather that slows down packages, a bunch of buyers that give you three stars at Christmas, anything - the question isn't if you will be shut down, but when.

I made twenty accounts when I started 4 years ago, I only have ten of that first batch left.

And NEVER share any information with anyone again about what you do or how you do it, so it can't be used against you.
Old 04-01-2015

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjantzer View Post
Requiring buyers to have 10+ positive I guess could be a good start. But if he has any friends at all, it doesn't take too many to really screw up my account.
FALSE. There is no "buyer requirement" in ebay that says anything about transactions or feedback except one....that a person does not have a total of negative feedback.

I think there are 4 possible screens in the listing system. One has to do with unpaid item strikes, one has something about buying 4 items from you in the past (time period? that have not been paid for, one is about feedback, and I think the last is living in an area you do not ship to.

You can put a requirement in your listing but it is not really recognized as a screen. The person can still buy it if they have red hair even if you write that redheads may not buy. Or any other screen....
Old 04-01-2015

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
You cant block people that have a feedback score of "X" and under. If you could, id have done it long ago. All you can do is make it to where people with less than "X" feedback can only buy 1 item from you every 10 days.
OH, I FORGOT TO MENTION.... you can block buyers. Yes, you will have to find out their ebay name first and that may mean having a sale to the Dad's friend and THEN screening. Sorta like closing the barn door after the horse gets out.

If it is not a stealth account then get with ebay and be upfront and let them know your concerns.

If it IS stealth, get your ducks in a row adn then wait...and then see if ebay can help you out of that jam. If you are going to lose the account you might as well go down swinging.