Competitor VERO report? Led to 7 day suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-13-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Competitor VERO report? Led to 7 day suspension

So i listed a new item recently and it was immediately pulled down due to vero, i noticed there were a few of us selling said item, then magically ALL of our listings went down BUT one person, who has sold literally hundreds. Now this person has pictures from the same supplier as I do, no one holds the copyright to the item,So i relisted the item as a custom item BOOM 7 day suspension but that other seller is still going strong, how is this possible and what can I do to counteract this cause I assume hes going to try the same crap on amazon,Has anyone dealt with anything like this?
Thanks in advance you guys!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-13-2015

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Competitor VERO report? Led to 7 day suspension

I am not certain, But you can contact the Vero Company, and if your item is real you can argue it is and 9/10 you will prevail, however if your item is not, then you will not have a fighting chance
Old 04-13-2015

If your item is 100% genuine and authentic, you can try to contact the VERO. Otherwise, nothing can be done.
Old 04-13-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 54%

There is no rights owner on ebay period thats the thing! its not about it being real or not it is hand made stuff, same as the other seller same item from the same supplier its not a authenticity thing none of our items are licensed
Old 04-13-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmemforeva View Post
There is no rights owner on ebay period thats the thing! its not about it being real or not it is hand made stuff, same as the other seller same item from the same supplier its not a authenticity thing none of our items are licensed
How would you know? Usually, when a MC999 comes, it has a link to Vero agent contacts.
Old 04-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Are you SURE it was a VERO takedown? Because usually when that happens, eBay TELLS YOU it was the VERO member who requested your item(s) be removed and gives you an email address where you can contact them. This one person who as sold hundreds of these MAY have scammed eBay into believing he is the copyright holder, but it is equally likely that he got their permission to sell for some reason.

The suspension does not surprise me, because when eBay removes one of your items and you re-list it, it REALLY pisses them off. Whenever you have an item removed, you should NEVER re-list it unless you can work the problem out first. Because when they remove an item, they are watching your account.

Also, that person could simply have gotten lucky. Sometimes, a bunch of people have their items pulled, but a lucky few do not. How eBay decides who gets lucky, or whether eBay simply did not notice them for some reason, I don't know.

One thing you mentioned was that you were all using the same photos from a supplier. That is a DEFINITE MISTAKE! If eBay has that photo in their catalog, then it is probably OK to use the photo, but you should NEVER use a photo you pulled from another website. Always use your own pictures AND put your information in the EXIF. That way, if someone claims it is THEIR picture, you might get lucky if THEIR picture contains YOUR EXIF data!
Old 04-13-2015

Longevity: 59%
Send a message via Skype™ to sln531

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Are you SURE it was a VERO takedown? Because usually when that happens, eBay TELLS YOU it was the VERO member who requested your item(s) be removed and gives you an email address where you can contact them. This one person who as sold hundreds of these MAY have scammed eBay into believing he is the copyright holder, but it is equally likely that he got their permission to sell for some reason.

The suspension does not surprise me, because when eBay removes one of your items and you re-list it, it REALLY pisses them off. Whenever you have an item removed, you should NEVER re-list it unless you can work the problem out first. Because when they remove an item, they are watching your account.

Also, that person could simply have gotten lucky. Sometimes, a bunch of people have their items pulled, but a lucky few do not. How eBay decides who gets lucky, or whether eBay simply did not notice them for some reason, I don't know.

One thing you mentioned was that you were all using the same photos from a supplier. That is a DEFINITE MISTAKE! If eBay has that photo in their catalog, then it is probably OK to use the photo, but you should NEVER use a photo you pulled from another website. Always use your own pictures AND put your information in the EXIF. That way, if someone claims it is THEIR picture, you might get lucky if THEIR picture contains YOUR EXIF data!
Exactly like he said there is a Vero form by ebay that anyone can fill out pertaining to be the copyright holder. which anybody that is smart enough can go and fill out with believable information. EBay will take the listing down kind of sorry if u ask me..
Old 04-16-2015

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln531 View Post
Exactly like he said there is a Vero form by ebay that anyone can fill out pertaining to be the copyright holder. which anybody that is smart enough can go and fill out with believable information. EBay will take the listing down kind of sorry if u ask me..
HAve you ever applied for Vero? The program is not as easy as you think it is. They do check the info and check A LOT of info. I played a part in this registration back in the days when working for a company and it was not a jock.