MC113 Repeatedly! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-25-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default MC113 Repeatedly!

I hope someone can help me! I have two stealth accounts up and running. They've been open for a few weeks and I have a couple of sales on them with no issues.

A few days ago I opened 5 more accounts. Each with it's own IP, bank account, and so on. When I tried to post items in 3 of them over the last two days they've both been shut down with the following message:

MC113:
Your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.

You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

... so I don't understand. I've done nothing different. I even posted unique items to each account that I had laid around the house, so it's no my items. Does anyone know how and/or why eBay thinks my account is "suspicious"? The only thing I can come up with is that being from a small town of 15,000 perhaps a large number of accounts popping up is abnormal and being flagged.

Any ideas and suggestions would be welcome!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-25-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Default Re: MC113 Repeatedly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_1092 View Post
I hope someone can help me! I have two stealth accounts up and running. They've been open for a few weeks and I have a couple of sales on them with no issues.

A few days ago I opened 5 more accounts. Each with it's own IP, bank account, and so on. When I tried to post items in 3 of them over the last two days they've both been shut down with the following message:

MC113:
Your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.

You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

... so I don't understand. I've done nothing different. I even posted unique items to each account that I had laid around the house, so it's no my items. Does anyone know how and/or why eBay thinks my account is "suspicious"? The only thing I can come up with is that being from a small town of 15,000 perhaps a large number of accounts popping up is abnormal and being flagged.

Any ideas and suggestions would be welcome!
I am sure that more experienced members on here will agree with my opinion: We need more info from you to be able to figure it out.

Did you list Ver0 items?
How old were the accounts when you attempted to list an item?
Did you verify your EB accounts?

Try and share as much info as possible on the steps that you had taken in the creation of your accounts.

Last edited by Dan T.; 04-25-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-25-2015
Threadstarter  

I do not use VERO items. I tried to sell a book, a bracelet and an old DVD. No VERO. The accounts were about a week old. I've used accounts that age before without issues.

As for fully verified I'm assuming the answer is yes. I did all steps needed to post an item. If there is something I'm missing I'm not aware of it.

When I create the accounts I change my IP using my router by simply releasing the current IP and then getting a new one. I never get the same IP twice and I keep track of each one I get to be sure. All my accounts are made with random names and emails, nothing close to my original information. All with addresses within 50KM of my current address. I even used two different towns that are 20KM from me. These were shut down as well. I do have to change my IP each time I log into the accounts so the IP is never the same but I don't have a Static IP so it does change randomly from time to time anyway. I always use a different bank account, creating new ones is easy so I don't mind losing one or two. Each account has it's own user on my Mac and I do browse on each account for a few days before posting. As I said, this was working and there are two accounts still up and running.

Thanks for any and all help!
Old 04-25-2015

Longevity: 55%

You starting listing to soon probably, once upon a time you could start listing after only a week but that time is long gone and certainly has not been around this year. Accounts should be allowed to build up some browsing history these days letting cookies build up on them gives ebay confidence that we are not just after making quick money and then going to do a bunk with the cash leaving ebay to carry the can.
Old 04-25-2015
Threadstarter  

So I gotta ask then:

If this was the case then how am I operating two stealth accounts? These just passed threw by fluke?

How long is long enough really? For all eBay knows I could be joining up just to start selling. I feel as though there's something I'm missing here. Just a thought anyway...
Old 04-25-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

I encourage you to read this thread:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...tml#post658403

This is how you want to 'treat' your stealth accounts, my friend.

It is a solid, long-term strategy that simply works and it makes a lot of sense, too.
Old 04-25-2015
Threadstarter  

Thank you. Seems very helpful. I appreciate the support.
Old 04-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%

You wasted 5 bank accounts? Gosh. Try selling your first couple of items without banks attached until the account appears to be stable. For your first item perhaps list some cheap thing you have lying around,and take a pic rather than a stockpic.

Also you can try and call in and get the suspension lifted,have your registration details in front of you,they will confirm these and ask you what products you intend to sell. Works sometimes
GhostOfAmazon (06-06-2015)
Old 04-25-2015

Longevity: 53%

It happens if:
1) you post risky item as the first one
2) you did not wait 2-3 weeks before listing
3) you did not added anything to watch list and did not bid on something
4) item had bad description or poor photo
5) you have messed up your IPs (used one ip for several accounts)
6) got linked in other way, like forgot to clear cookies or exif in images or something similar

Lots of guesses, as we don't know your exact setup and account creation techniques.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
olekstom87 (08-09-2015)
Old 04-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Were the 5 accounts that went down all created on the same day, back to back?

This kinda hints back to an algorithm. If you create a lot of accounts in a small amount of time, it could be too many similarities too close together.
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
last3379 (07-20-2015)
Old 04-25-2015

Longevity: 73%

Something is linking you.

Let's say you did EVERYTHING perfectly correctly.

If you created 5 accounts at the same time in a tiny little town it might have gotten you the evil eye for going outside of a certain statistical range.

Even if the accounts had different bank account numbers if they were all at the same bank in the same town in a brief period of time that may have added to the statistical oddity.

Then additionally a similarity in the way the ad was written, and other multiple factors might have finished off the pile of info that linked you.

Bots look at data for patterns, and respond to them as programmed.

Did you use the same camera and forget to strip exif data from your photos?

I once had an account shut down, the email said,

"Based on your account activity, it looks like user ID XXXXX, which is a restricted account, is associated with your account. This usually indicates that both accounts belong to the same person. Registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid buying and selling restrictions, limits, or other policy consequences is not allowed."

"Account activity". Pretty broad. Maybe it was as simple as I can't be on two accounts at once, or always logged first onto one then another, or I uploaded listings through file exchange the same way, or had the same shipping preferences, or a hundred other things. It all adds up. Now I always change things around, and no more trouble.

I am of the opinion that very few of us can truly hide via stealth from a practiced, trained insider, if for no other reason than that the name and info given isn't real.

Successful stealth is only possible because you are a tiny drop in a huge ocean of data, which is why drawing no attention to yourself is absolutely critical.
Old 06-03-2015

Longevity: 57%

I encountered the same thing, two accounts down, right after the first listing. I think the bot is tracking how you did it. I made the accounts in same procedures, create a PP account, verify bank, then ebay account, get PIN, then listing... Seems that Ebay is smart enough to catch you by activities.
Old 06-04-2015

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
You starting listing to soon probably, once upon a time you could start listing after only a week but that time is long gone and certainly has not been around this year. Accounts should be allowed to build up some browsing history these days letting cookies build up on them gives ebay confidence that we are not just after making quick money and then going to do a bunk with the cash leaving ebay to carry the can.
Not true. If you make the account to outstanding perfection, you can list within a week and not get suspended.
Old 06-04-2015

Longevity: 62%

I've had this happened when creating brand new buyer accounts. Seems like any new account with too much activity gets the hammer. I tried over 30 days and it was good.
Old 06-05-2015

Longevity: 78%

I think a lot of the time is because the person opening the account does not act like a normal person would and ebay bots pick up on these things.

But it happens now and then and i assume when you're making five accounts in any short time period it is likely that you are going to slip up
The Following User Says Thank You to isitworththestress For This Useful Post:
sax4 (06-05-2015)
Old 06-05-2015

Activity: 29%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
You wasted 5 bank accounts? Gosh. Try selling your first couple of items without banks attached until the account appears to be stable. For your first item perhaps list some cheap thing you have lying around,and take a pic rather than a stockpic.

Also you can try and call in and get the suspension lifted,have your registration details in front of you,they will confirm these and ask you what products you intend to sell. Works sometimes
This is why you use VBA and let the account age with sales before you add a real bank account.

You obviously don't have to but you risk wasting bank accounts...

Better to add it once your confident in your account succeeding.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
RoxJox (06-05-2015)
Old 06-06-2015

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
It happens if:
1) you post risky item as the first one
2) you did not wait 2-3 weeks before listing
3) you did not added anything to watch list and did not bid on something
4) item had bad description or poor photo
5) you have messed up your IPs (used one ip for several accounts)
6) got linked in other way, like forgot to clear cookies or exif in images or something similar

Lots of guesses, as we don't know your exact setup and account creation techniques.
Always wait at least a week before selling and if so list 1 7 day listing nothing more.
Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Are the items similar? Are you using the same titles, descriptions or photos?

Something (or, more likely, a combination of things) is linking you.

All accounts created at the same time.
All accounts in the same geographical area.
All accounts quickly put into seller mode.
All accounts at the same bank.
All accounts selling similar items (if that is the case).

Any one of these things by itself would be fine. Taken together, however, a pattern develops.

I would try again, but eliminate as many similarities as possible. Use a VPN or VPS if you have to.
Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

This is why I'm a staunch advocate of CALLING EBAY.

Calling on Day 1 for a limit increase accomplishes several things:

1. Limit increase!

2. "Verifies" your account. Note: You won't actually verify your account (info isn't real) but talking to a live rep who looks over your account and approves you for an increase results in the same end result.

3. Sell on day 1!

4. If the account is going to be shut down, it will happen that very day. No more wasting time peddling little 2-3 dollar garbage, hoping eBays bots don't kill your account. Everyone is afraid of the humans....I laugh at that concept. Human beings are flawed. We make mistakes. We can't possibly notice every single detail. Bots, software, scripts, etc....technology in general, doesn't get tired. It doesn't overlook details. It's constantly working. Give me the human being any day of the week. ESPECIALLY the foreign ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
alphaversa (12-19-2015)
Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
This is why I'm a staunch advocate of CALLING EBAY.

Calling on Day 1 for a limit increase accomplishes several things:

1. Limit increase!

2. "Verifies" your account. Note: You won't actually verify your account (info isn't real) but talking to a live rep who looks over your account and approves you for an increase results in the same end result.

3. Sell on day 1!

4. If the account is going to be shut down, it will happen that very day. No more wasting time peddling little 2-3 dollar garbage, hoping eBays bots don't kill your account. Everyone is afraid of the humans....I laugh at that concept. Human beings are flawed. We make mistakes. We can't possibly notice every single detail. Bots, software, scripts, etc....technology in general, doesn't get tired. It doesn't overlook details. It's constantly working. Give me the human being any day of the week. ESPECIALLY the foreign ones.
So, anytime you have called in, got pass the rep, and got limit increases, then you have not gotten an account restricted or suspended after that? What has been an estimated percentage of success/suspension for you on calling in?
Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
So, anytime you have called in, got pass the rep, and got limit increases, then you have not gotten an account restricted or suspended after that? What has been an estimated percentage of success/suspension for you on calling in?
Of course I've had accounts suspended. NOTHING you can do will make any account "suspension proof" (except maybe becoming the CEO of eBay, or perhaps working in Trust & Safety). It's my theory that calling eBay and getting approved by a rep makes the account stronger and more resilient to suspension. I don't have any proof, only personal anecdotes and it makes logical sense (not that eBay follows logic).

I've never personally had an account suspended from calling in. The worst result I've had is one of two scenarios. The first is somewhat common, I'd guess it occurs about 1/5 times I call. The rep simply tells me they can't increase my limits because my information can't be verified. Basically, they tell me to live with the 5 or 10 items per month limit until my limits increase automatically. When this occurs, I just call back and talk to a different rep.

ONCE I had a rep submit a document request (license and utility bill), but only AFTER he increased my limits 500% (from 10 to 50 items per month). The documents he said would be required to get future increases.

In total, I've created about 30 eBay accounts and called in on every single one of them on day 1. I have lost accounts, but not due to calling in. Some accounts I sell VERO on, some I sell digital goods, etc. I get policy violations and the accounts are lost. But since I can sell 20-50 items on a new account day 1, and I invest very little into each account (Google Voice is free, use Entropay cards, 5.25 each) it doesn't matter to me.

If you want a full breakdown of my method, I'd be happy to share more info.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
bjammin (06-06-2015), sax4 (06-07-2015)
Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

How about just getting random messages from ebay suspending your account for no reason? Do you still get those after calling in?