Sellers VS Buyers Feedbacks. Who are worse!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-22-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Sellers VS Buyers Feedbacks. Who are worse!!

Lately I have been getting string of bad buyers. The buyers have left me 11 negative feedbacks. 9 buyers in total. Not that I am worried, since the account is good standing and have unlimited selling limits, real account to.

What I did do in my spare time ( not that I have spare time these days)
I checked these user I'd that left me a give feedback.

And all of them are sellers. Not big time sellers just regular sellers.
Most buyers are naive around eBay. I get that because they are new.
Some buyers are just plain dumb at times.
Some buyers are nasty.
But all of them are buyers only.

If these sellers know how eBay work then why make other sellers go through the headaches that they can relate too.

Had a negative feedback because the buyer/seller was to lazy to pick the package from the post office. Minor issue.
Second buyer had a issue since the item wasn't sealed properly, even though it was a brand new item, the buyer felt needed more cello tape. Ridiculous. Got a negative feedback
Third buyer wasn't delivered in the morning but delivered in the afternoon....seriously
Fourth, didn't like the item.
Etc etc

But these so call sellers surely should know they are minor issues.
Can be sorted out promptly in a professional manner.

What I found interesting that these sellers had some negative feedbacks from buyers.
So this can be the case that they get crap from their own buyers and give that same attitude of other sellers because makes them feel in control

There is no trust left between buyers and sellers. Before sellers and buyers were always more helpful and now it is battle kids playground.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-22-2015

Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Sellers VS Buyers Feedbacks. Who are worse!!

If a seller is leaving NEGATIVE without any comunication first, you can call him complete IDIOT and tehy should not be allowed to sell in a first place.

Has a seller who gave me Negative cause received wrong flavour.
For sure i was happy to reship or give full refund and i did that i also let her to leave wrong flavour item for free.
We agreed i will sent revise form form to revise feedback and she was very happy to do it
the form was sent and never was revised even sent seminder couple times
she cant find it !
And she is a seller for long time.
Ohh Dear

Last edited by tannedweekend; 05-22-2015 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-22-2015

Longevity: 58%

I think they shouldn't allow you to leave negative feedback feedback on eBay or Amazon unless you contact the seller first. I'm not a huge seller, but I consistently do around 400 sales a month and get the odd negative every few months, but I have only had 1 occasion where I got a negative where the buyer actually messaged me first. Everyone else that has left a negative or neutral just didn't bother contacting me, and never replied to messages after I offered to fix what ever issue they had.

I think a lot of people just set out to leave bad feedback. Maybe they're just taking out their anger problems on someone else.

I seem to get loads of problem buyers all at once, but then nothing for weeks or months at a time.

The majority of issues you can fix with good customer service, however some are impossible to fix.
Old 05-22-2015

Longevity: 52%

Yeah I think sellers are just leaving you negative feedback hoping you get suspended to lessen the competition. That's just my thought.
Old 05-22-2015
Banned

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomerServiceProTip View Post
Yeah I think sellers are just leaving you negative feedback hoping you get suspended to lessen the competition. That's just my thought.
how exactly are sellers able to leave negative feedback? i havent been able to leave negative feedback as a seller for almost a decade.
Old 05-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaBeh8ater View Post
how exactly are sellers able to leave negative feedback? i havent been able to leave negative feedback as a seller for almost a decade.
He means "Sellers" who pose as buyers so they can leave negative feedback.
Old 05-23-2015

Activity: 29%
Longevity: 58%

The only thing I can add to play devils adovcate (not saying what you did applies OP)

If your a seller who goes above and beyond the call of duty when you get a unhappy customer then when you buy something from say a seasoned seller and either there item was faulty and or customer service sucks its worse than if you had the same customer service on Amazon (if you don't sell on there) because YOUR expecting the same in return as what you do (typically).

For instance I just bought some 4x6 rolls for my new thermal printer. I sent a message to the seller to please include a packing slip inside the box. They said "sorry we can't do that" two days after I sent the message.

For one thats not asking alot, pretty simple request. Two I would assume any good seller should AT LEAST respond within 24 hours of message.

Turns out the rolls had black ink and all sorts of mess on them so am I frustrated YES. Do I feel I'm taking it out on the seller, kinda. Only because I know how much I do as a seller when I buy something I expect it in return.

.......negative feedback coming very soon

Last edited by solefoodbk; 05-23-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-23-2015

Longevity: 78%

So many of those sort of people on ebay and another puzzle is if you are a good seller, with good product then you are going to get the bad seller/buyer but then you look at your competitor that has terms that you know will kill off an account. Delivery times that are a joke and items that are low quality or overpriced and with postage that is extreme and yet they have very few problems from buyers and there feedback and DSRs are perfect.....Leaves me wondering what other accounts those sellers have to buy and sell on ebay as something is just not right.

Last edited by isitworththestress; 05-23-2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post

For instance I just bought some 4x6 rolls for my new thermal printer. I sent a message to the seller to please include a packing slip inside the box. They said "sorry we can't do that" two days after I sent the message.

For one thats not asking alot, pretty simple request. Two I would assume any good seller should AT LEAST respond within 24 hours heh:
I can not quite follow this. You are upset because there is no packaging slip? How do you know the seller even dispatched from the address on file? Is your own expectation OTT, keeping in mind not all the facts of the seller might be not obvious?

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-23-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I don't get too many negative feedbacks, but I can remember some that that just blew my mind...

Like the lady who left me a negative because she didn't like the movie she bought. She wasn't upset by the delivery time or the condition, she said the movie was boring and she expected more from a movie with George Clooney in it...

Or when people leave you a negative because they didn't get their item on time. They ordered it 3 days before they needed it - usually as a gift - and expect that it will get there on time using standard shipping.

Or the complaint I got from a buyer who wasn't happy with the COLOR of the sweater she had bought. She thought it would be "more red" - like I have ANY CONTROL over how she has her monitor set up.

Then, there was the time when a buyer left me a 1 star DSR for the shipping charges, which they felt were too expensive - even though I had charged the EXACT SHIPPING COST.

A buyer ordered a book in good condition, but was not happy with it because it looked too old. The book was more than 40 years old!

I sold a remote control and the buyer was upset because the batteries that were included were just cheap ones, she wanted Duracells or Energizers. The damn thing sold for $6 with free shipping.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea.
Old 05-23-2015

Longevity: 54%

I think there are just buyers who are out to leave negative feedback at any chance they can get. What sucks is Ebay puts estimated delivery and with all the recent issues with USPS slowing down people get pissed if they don't get something within 3 days. People are so unreasonable when it comes to shipping and can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that sellers can't control shipping times from USPS.

My last negative was from someone who purchased a charm that stated it was 1" in the first picture and all over the description yet I get a negative that says "charm much bigger than I thought". How about return it or realize it's YOUR fault.

I swear people on Ebay don't read item descriptions.
Old 05-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytowngirl126 View Post
You are absolutely correct. Most of them do not. But there is nothing we can do about it, eBay won't accept that as a defense.
Old 05-23-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

You get rival sellers that buy and leave negative feedback to ruin the competion.

You get buyers who don't read the description correctly and leave negative feedback.

You get buyers who are just hard work and fussy, and leave negative feedback.

The only thing to do is accept it as part of the game and try to sell in volume so the negatives are engulfed by the 99%+ positives you get
Old 05-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Yet another reason to spread sales among several accounts
Old 05-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Yet another reason to spread sales among several accounts
This is also why I have a very long block list and share names between a few close friends that sell similar products.
Old 05-24-2015

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytowngirl126 View Post
I think there are just buyers who are out to leave negative feedback at any chance they can get. What sucks is Ebay puts estimated delivery and with all the recent issues with USPS slowing down people get pissed if they don't get something within 3 days. People are so unreasonable when it comes to shipping and can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that sellers can't control shipping times from USPS.

My last negative was from someone who purchased a charm that stated it was 1" in the first picture and all over the description yet I get a negative that says "charm much bigger than I thought". How about return it or realize it's YOUR fault.

Just mark it shipped the next day and ebay remove the low mark whatever the buyer puts down in your DSRs. At least they are doing that in the Uk. I keep getting messages off ebay about how many times they have helped my accounts from idiot buyers and that is normally what is shown.
Old 05-24-2015

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I don't get too many negative feedbacks, but I can remember some that that just blew my mind...

Like the lady who left me a negative because she didn't like the movie she bought. She wasn't upset by the delivery time or the condition, she said the movie was boring and she expected more from a movie with George Clooney in it...

Or when people leave you a negative because they didn't get their item on time. They ordered it 3 days before they needed it - usually as a gift - and expect that it will get there on time using standard shipping.

Or the complaint I got from a buyer who wasn't happy with the COLOR of the sweater she had bought. She thought it would be "more red" - like I have ANY CONTROL over how she has her monitor set up.

Then, there was the time when a buyer left me a 1 star DSR for the shipping charges, which they felt were too expensive - even though I had charged the EXACT SHIPPING COST.

A buyer ordered a book in good condition, but was not happy with it because it looked too old. The book was more than 40 years old!

I sold a remote control and the buyer was upset because the batteries that were included were just cheap ones, she wanted Duracells or Energizers. The damn thing sold for $6 with free shipping.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea.
LOL.
Made my day