Limits increase schedule? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-08-2015

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Limits increase schedule?

I personally think there isnt just one algorithm, but multiple different algorithms that need to be trigerred to increase allowance. I also believe that these algorithms are different and optimised for each country.

Like I said before, I dont call ebay, and my increases are straight after monthly review based on performance. That could be one of the many algorithm's.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
galigusso (08-28-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
I personally think there isnt just one algorithm, but multiple different algorithms that need to be trigerred to increase allowance. I also believe that these algorithms are different and optimised for each country.

Like I said before, I dont call ebay, and my increases are straight after monthly review based on performance. That could be one of the many algorithm's.
As I said, COUNTLESS members have posted regarding limit increases, making statements such as "perfect feedback and lots of sales" etc etc etc. Everyday there's a new post about this, yet "no limit increases for x time".

Either they are lying or there is no algorithm, because those two reports contradict one another.
Old 06-08-2015

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
As I said, COUNTLESS members have posted regarding limit increases, making statements such as "perfect feedback and lots of sales" etc etc etc. Everyday there's a new post about this, yet "no limit increases for x time".

Either they are lying or there is no algorithm, because those two reports contradict one another.
Hence why I said, these algorithms are most likely optimised based on different countries. Your performance may not be sufficient to trigger increase in US, but is for me in UK.

Anyway, I think the best thing to do is what works best for each individual. For me its performance, for you it may be calling in, for someone else it may be a hybrid of both.

Hope that helps
Old 06-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

GOA, correct me if I am wrong here, but are you suggesting that all limit increase are done manually by someone at eBay?
Old 06-08-2015

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukjay View Post
hi yes i got one on the 3rd on my stealth 25 to 80
##yep same here
Old 06-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
GOA, correct me if I am wrong here, but are you suggesting that all limit increase are done manually by someone at eBay?
I'm not stating this directly. What I *am* saying is that something doesn't add up.

IF we are to believe the various reports that are posted daily on these very forums, then the algorithms don't make sense. If these people are all telling the truth, i.e. they have perfect feedback, no low DSR's, no buyer claims, maxed out their limits, etc etc etc. then either the algorithms aren't functioning as intended or they don't exist.

Now, it COULD BE that those posting are lying, that they are fabricating their accounts performance for whatever reason, maybe the posters believe that by admitting there are defects on the account other members won't help them. I'm not claiming I know whether they are being honest or not. I'm just saying that if we take the reports at face value, eBay algorithms don't add up.

I don't think there is enough data at this point to conclude whether or not there are or are not algorithms , I just believe that blindly stating "account increases are automatic and done by eBays bots" is a rather inadvisable assumption, given how little evidence there is to support it.

TL;DR

It's possible all "automatic" limit increases are the result of a human eBay employee reviewing the account and deciding to increase limits.

Last edited by GhostOfAmazon; 06-08-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
Hence why I said, these algorithms are most likely optimised based on different countries. Your performance may not be sufficient to trigger increase in US, but is for me in UK.

Anyway, I think the best thing to do is what works best for each individual. For me its performance, for you it may be calling in, for someone else it may be a hybrid of both.

Hope that helps
Just wanted to clarify, Play, I'm not trying to say "I'm right you're wrong."

I'm just trying to open up the idea that eBay bots aren't increasing limits. I don't know for a fact that they do or don't. But if the forum is open-minded, we might get closer to concrete evidence.
Old 06-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Why does it matter to have a defined reply?

Broadcasting the solution all over the forum, and hence the net, will only see the game change.

As Play says better to have each seller work to sell to levels that suit their plans.

No need to be repeatedly assuming people lie. That only serves to put users off from sharing info. It is creating a bad taste around here with this theory being constantly thrown about .

Old 06-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Why does it matter to have a defined reply?

Broadcasting the solution all over the forum, and hence the net, will only see the game change.

As Play says better to have each seller work to sell to levels that suit their plans.

No need to be repeatedly assuming people lie. That only serves to put users off from sharing info. It is creating a bad taste around here with this theory being constantly thrown about .

You're missing the point.

My personal opinion on the matter is that they are telling the truth. BUT, if we accept that premise, that means there is no algorithm.

If THAT is true, then it follows that a human is reviewing accounts and determining an increase.

If that's the case, there's even less reason not to call eBay.

Why do I want to find out whether there is a bot reviewing or human? Because the information affects ALL stealth users.
Old 06-09-2015

Just go an increase 2-3 days ago on a bought stealth account (2-3 month old now).

It was usd500 before now its usd1000 . Sold one high risk item, shipped it and got great feedback, got limited by paypal in between, then unlimited, sold another item and did send it with tracking number, and got the increase :0

Last edited by notsosureaboutit; 06-09-2015 at 04:42 AM.
Old 06-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

I am really not following the logic here tbh...

Quote:
My personal opinion on the matter is that they are telling the truth. BUT, if we accept that premise, that means there is no algorithm.
I have operated enough stealth accounts to be pretty dam certain that there are bots that automatically hand out increases.

I have had accounts with less than perfect feedback and DSR get massive increase while accounts with perfect feedback and perfect DSR get much smaller increases at the exact same time. An account in the in the exact same position 1 month later has seen no increase at all.

I have had accounts that sell to 10% of their total selling allowance get their allowances tripled. I have had account selling to 100% of the allowance not budge limits wise. I have also had accounts that have sold 1 item a month for 3 months go from 100 items to 530 items in one jump

Why does this happen? Because there is not just 1 formula to running the perfect stealth account. Increases really are completely random.

Why is very very unlikely that eBay does not manually need to review each limit increase? Just think of the man power that would be needed for that.... If it was a manual review then that clearly would mean that someone would need to have reviewed the 1 item a month accounts and then decided it was a logical thing to increase it to 530 items. Based on this account combined with your premise that would mean that eBay would be looking at every selling account manually to see if there should be an increase. This sort of man power is well beyond them and it is a very inefficient use of resources.

Quote:
If THAT is true, then it follows that a human is reviewing accounts and determining an increase.

If that's the case, there's even less reason not to call eBay.
I think you may be trying to make the facts fit the assumption that you have that calling is the way to go.

Calling is fine for 0/0 accounts. Nothing to lose. Calling for any other account is just being impatient and its really not needed.

If you get 10 lots of 10 item accounts and you cal on all of them you may if you are lucky you wont get an ID request and you will get 10 lots of 50 item accounts which is 500 items in total.

If you get 10 lots of 10 items accounts and sell them to the limits each month for 2 months you will A - Have a proven record with eBay and B - you are likely to end up with selling limits much higher than 500 items across the 10 accounts. It may be that 1 get limits of 100 items after a week (this does happen), another 4 get no limit increase and the rest get limits of 80 items over the coming month < This is the method I choose to follow and have done for years. It has never let me down and I have a lot of really great accounts because of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (06-10-2015)
Old 06-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I have had accounts with less than perfect feedback and DSR get massive increase while accounts with perfect feedback and perfect DSR get much smaller increases at the exact same time. An account in the in the exact same position 1 month later has seen no increase at all.

I have had accounts that sell to 10% of their total selling allowance get their allowances tripled. I have had account selling to 100% of the allowance not budge limits wise. I have also had accounts that have sold 1 item a month for 3 months go from 100 items to 530 items in one jump

Why does this happen? Because there is not just 1 formula to running the perfect stealth account. Increases really are completely random.
If theres an algorithm, how does it work? You said that there is no pattern. Bots, scripts, programs, whatever you call them....they work within a set of parameters. Based on what you've said, there are none. (I'm assuming from that you created all of the accounts mentioned using the same method)

Quote:
Why is very very unlikely that eBay does not manually need to review each limit increase? Just think of the man power that would be needed for that.... If it was a manual review then that clearly would mean that someone would need to have reviewed the 1 item a month accounts and then decided it was a logical thing to increase it to 530 items. Based on this account combined with your premise that would mean that eBay would be looking at every selling account manually to see if there should be an increase. This sort of man power is well beyond them and it is a very inefficient use of resources.
lol....this is eBay we're talking about.

You do realize that MOST eBay members do call eBay for limit increases, right? The majority of eBay sellers are regular members, NOT stealth users. When you call for an increase, the reps spend literally 90 seconds on your account. They always put you on hold while they do it, and they are never gone longer than that. I don't think it's a lot of "manpower".

Quote:
I think you may be trying to make the facts fit the assumption that you have that calling is the way to go.

Calling is fine for 0/0 accounts. Nothing to lose. Calling for any other account is just being impatient and its really not needed.
As I said, some people don't have the time and money to waste fooling around with 5 or 10 items per month accounts. Not everyone wants to blow $300 to purchase an account either.

If your selling practices are solid, you have nothing to fear calling eBay.

Quote:
If you get 10 lots of 10 item accounts and you cal on all of them you may if you are lucky you wont get an ID request and you will get 10 lots of 50 item accounts which is 500 items in total.

If you get 10 lots of 10 items accounts and sell them to the limits each month for 2 months you will A - Have a proven record with eBay and B - you are likely to end up with selling limits much higher than 500 items across the 10 accounts.
False. You forget you don't call eBay ONE TIME, you call them EVERYTIME you want an increase. The limit increases compound, if you got a 500% increase once and you have a solid track record with the increase you got, the next rep will further increase your limits. I realize you never call eBay so you don't know this on a first hand basis, so you'll just have to take me at my word, or try it yourself. It works.

Quote:
It may be that 1 get limits of 100 items after a week (this does happen), another 4 get no limit increase and the rest get limits of 80 items over the coming month < This is the method I choose to follow and have done for years. It has never let me down and I have a lot of really great accounts because of it.
I'm not saying your method doesn't work. What I'd like to know is what's your success rate? How long----and how much money---do you need to spend to get a 5 or 10 item per month account to 50 items? To 100 items? To 500 items?

Ballpark average. How many of these accounts take longer than 3 months to get increases? Etc etc etc.

I realize you're probably better at creating the accounts and thus getting increases than the average person (just as I am likely more skilled than the average member at being smooth on the phone with eBay) so YOUR experiences might not match the average, I'm just trying to get a feel for the "pros" time-frame on account limits.

The reason I ask is, based on what other members have reported, the increases you described are far from average. I realize this is most likely due to a difference in account creation as well as the way the accounts are run, so I'm not implying you're falsifying your track record. Just saying the average person doesn't seem to have the same success.

To summarize:
  • Algorithms still don't make sense based on what you said.
  • I don't think eBay invests a lot of time into account limit increase reviews (based on personal experience of calling them every month for limit increases)
  • Your records seem far better than average, based on self-reports from forum members. Interested to here your success ratio.

BTW, this is the kind of debate I was trying to have several months ago when I first mentioned calling eBay. The lack of algorithms is a THEORY, however, I'm not stating it as fact! I don't know whether eBay uses bots to increase limits or if accounts are reviewed by humans, but I am interested in finding out and hearing the thoughts of others. I'm trying to figure it out, just like you, so everyone, let's not degrade this debate into an insult contest, mmkay? (Directed to other members, not James.)
Old 06-09-2015

Longevity: 58%

A rep told me 30 days after your first sale you qualify for an increase if everything is good after a review of your account and for me to call after the 30 day mark for an increase.
Old 06-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

I've had limit increases on brand new account just after listing 1 item.....no clue why, just did......Who cares when they give out limit increases as long as they do.
Old 06-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
If theres an algorithm, how does it work?
You are going to need to ask eBay that one.

Quote:
You do realize that MOST eBay members do call eBay for limit increases, right?
Do you have any hard evidence to back this up or are you assuming?

Quote:
If your selling practices are solid, you have nothing to fear calling eBay.
This is just not true. Accounts do get banned for what are sometimes reasons that cannot be understood. It can be as simple as a rep that you are talking on the phone with having a bad day

Quote:
I'm not saying your method doesn't work. What I'd like to know is what's your success rate? How long----and how much money---do you need to spend to get a 5 or 10 item per month account to 50 items? To 100 items? To 500 items?
Why does it need to cost any more? The account is being used to sell items and therefore makes me money.

Limits hit 200/300 items within 3 months 90% of the time.

Quote:
Algorithms still don't make sense based on what you said.
You simply do not understand them. There is a differnce.

Quote:
Your records seem far better than average, based on self-reports from forum members. Interested to here your success ratio.
Not really. Most user report if they are having issues not if they are having success hence the apparent disparity.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Buffet (04-28-2016)
Old 06-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
You are going to need to ask eBay that one.
My point is, there is no discernible pattern.

Quote:
Do you have any hard evidence to back this up or are you assuming?
Hard evidence? Sure. It's a well known fact in the psychology field that most people are more or less mindless sheep who do what they are told. Whenever you come close and/or hit your limits, you're directed to call eBay for an increase. I'd say there's also plenty of evidence that the average person isn't a paranoid schizophrenic, so they wouldn't be paranoid about eBay shutting them down. (Not insulting stealth members, just saying average people running regular accounts don't fear eBay)

Quote:
This is just not true. Accounts do get banned for what are sometimes reasons that cannot be understood. It can be as simple as a rep that you are talking on the phone with having a bad day
That's utter fabrication. There is ALWAYS a reason. If a rep shuts you down, something you were doing or the way you acted tipped them off, or they knew you were a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ user, or you didn't do stealth properly. I've NEVER had a rep shut down my account on the phone. How many times have you called eBay and lost an account?

It's very easy to explain account shutdowns that happen from calling eBay. Are you stuttering? Did you "forget" your birthday? eBay employees aren't retarded monkeys, they can put two and two together.

Quote:
Why does it need to cost any more? The account is being used to sell items and therefore makes me money.
I'm going off of the original post from the OP, who admits to wasting nearly $100 per account. I wasn't accusing you of doing the same, I was just curious.

Quote:
Limits hit 200/300 items within 3 months 90% of the time.
You can get a comparable limits via calling eBay every 25 days.

I would like to point out a disclaimer:
Your mileage may vary! Realize that James has been making accounts for YEARS, he is FAR better than average at creating accounts and running them where they get increases. LIKEWISE, I'm probably smoother on the phone with eBay than most of you! BUT, I'll bet anything that you can get better at calling eBay faster than you can at creating accounts.

Quote:
You simply do not understand them. There is a differnce.
Fair enough, as I said, I'm not claiming there are no algorithms, however, given the data, evidence points to there not being any.

Quote:
Not really. Most user report if they are having issues not if they are having success hence the apparent disparity.
I will concede to your point here, there is certainly some selection bias going on with the reports on the forums.
Old 06-14-2015

Is it one of those "I got bigger" arguments? Cause I got bigger. Ghost of, nobody here is a sheep. If we were we wouldn't have signed to this forum and would probably give up on ever selling on eBay again. There is no way in the world calling eBay is a better strategy than just waiting for an increased. For most people. Including myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to gonzoman For This Useful Post:
last3379 (08-28-2015)
Old 06-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoman View Post
Is it one of those "I got bigger" arguments? Cause I got bigger. Ghost of, nobody here is a sheep. If we were we wouldn't have signed to this forum and would probably give up on ever selling on eBay again. There is no way in the world calling eBay is a better strategy than just waiting for an increased. For most people. Including myself.
I disagree. I think the "average" person suspended by eBay isn't a sheep, as you said. However, the "herd" here all follow the same protocol. Many people don't want to manage 10 different accounts, logging IP's selling 5 items per account, having 10 different phones, etc. THOSE people would prefer to have ONE OR TWO accounts with decent limits, (for reference, 5/10 items a month isn't "decent").

Yours is looking pretty small now.
Old 06-14-2015

We follow the same protocol because it currently guarantee a working account without the need to call. Your method cannot be taught with a guide so I think it makes no sense to promote it here. You obviously do better with that ( hence got bigger...) but you might give the wrong impression to people who just start with stealth that it is a good idea to call eBay when we all know it is not, except to you and to few others maybe.
Old 06-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
We follow the same protocol because it currently guarantee a working account without the need to call. Your method cannot be taught with a guide so I think it makes no sense to promote it here. You obviously do better with that ( hence got bigger...) but you might give the wrong impression to people who just start with stealth that it is a good idea to call eBay when we all know it is not, except to you and to few others maybe.
Again, you're assuming that the majority of people WANT to run 5+ accounts, which isn't true. It's a hassle, it's expensive, and it's not necessary (depending on your goals).

My method can be described in a guide, and in fact, it's already been written (not even by me, imagine that!). Thread is in my sig.
Old 06-15-2015

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Ugh, I don't know why I always side with the guy that is the black sheep on the forums lol.

As long as the guide teaches people about proper stealth tactics, which would keep their accounts from being linked, then what the heck is wrong with calling ebay exactly?

What's the reason that this forum typically? Because it might tank an account and ruin the work you've done?

Well, considering that Ghost suggests to do this when first starting out with an account, almost everything this forum warns against, is moot. I really don't know how people run 10+ accounts. It's insane to me. 2-4 good accounts, should be more than enough. Unless you're selling vero or something else that will take down accounts often.

And no, it DOESN'T guarantee a working account as you suggest. People still get suspended left and right.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (06-15-2015)
Old 06-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
As long as the guide teaches people about proper stealth tactics, which would keep their accounts from being linked, then what the heck is wrong with calling ebay exactly?

What's the reason that this forum typically? Because it might tank an account and ruin the work you've done?

Well, considering that Ghost suggests to do this when first starting out with an account, almost everything this forum warns against, is moot. I really don't know how people run 10+ accounts. It's insane to me. 2-4 good accounts, should be more than enough. Unless you're selling vero or something else that will take down accounts often.

And no, it DOESN'T guarantee a working account as you suggest. People still get suspended left and right.
Thank you. I've been preaching this day and night almost since I registered here. I'm glad not everyone here is deaf to the logic of what I'm saying.

For the record: I am NOT against having multiple accounts NOR "backup" accounts. What I AM against is this "my way or the highway" attitude promoted here. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Calling eBay does NOT make your account any less "strong" or any less likely to last longer than one that DOESN'T call, IF you follow the guidelines I outline, which, in summary, are:

1. Don't list high risk or VERO items.
2. Don't stutter, "forget", or act like a social retard.
3. Keep your feedback good and customer complaints to a minimum.

That's it! That's ALL you have to do to maintain a good eBay account, and you can call them 11 times a day if you so desire. The paranoia about eBay "requesting documents" is unfounded, and 90% of the people AGAINST calling eBay have NEVER called themselves!

eBay requests documents when something about your account is fishy. When you're selling VERO, when you "forget" your birthday, when your DSR's tank. NOT because some rep "had a bad day". People forget that what one rep does, ANOTHER can undo! Believe me, my original account I started in 2009 was suspended "indefinitely" over half a dozen times over the years for every reason under the sun, including: Copyright (VERO), bad feedback, shill bidding, and selling digitally delivered goods. I even had it NARU'd once, and STILL managed to get it reinstated! How did I do it? Just called eBay until I found a rep sympathetic to my case. Now, they didn't reinstate it right there on the phone, it took a day minimum, usually 2-3, but it did happen. Sure, eventually eBay got tired of my shenanigans, but everyone has their limits.

TL;DR eBay reps don't just "randomly" suspend accounts or request documentation. Further, even if they did, another rep could undo the action.