Selling Slow... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-16-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Selling Slow...

I had a 10 year old ebay account that was well established and it was recently taken from me and I cannot get any answers from Ebay ? I am dumb founded back their lack of response. So here I am needing to get back on Ebay and I am in the process of buying a stealth account.

I keep seeing everyone say to start by selling slow. My question is what does this mean exactly 5 items a week, 10 items a month ? If I buy a matured eBay Stealth account is this needed ? I would probably only be selling 10 to 15 items a month anyway ? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated as I am just learning many of these stealth methods. Thanks again.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Selling Slow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtomtom View Post
I had a 10 year old ebay account that was well established and it was recently taken from me and I cannot get any answers from Ebay ? I am dumb founded back their lack of response. So here I am needing to get back on Ebay and I am in the process of buying a stealth account.
Welcome, If you do buy an account...please follow the advice of the account seller.

Quote:
I keep seeing everyone say to start by selling slow.
Yes, things are not exactly the same as they were 10 years ago when you started. The idea of starting slow is exactly that, if you try to list 1,000 items on day 1...you will be limited in 1 second flat!

Quote:
My question is what does this mean exactly 5 items a week, 10 items a month ?
Some accounts have limits such as:
1. 5/$500 - 5 items a month/$500 a month
2. 10/$1,000 - 10 items/$1,000 a month
3. And so forth

Quote:
If I buy a matured eBay Stealth account is this needed? I would probably only be selling 10 to 15 items a month anyway ? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated as I am just learning many of these stealth methods. Thanks again.
You can buy a matured account but you should/must follow all stealth rules.
Old 06-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Slow just means staying off of eBay and PayPal's radar. There are certain high-risk items that should NOT be sold on new accounts. Also, you have to be careful of the amount of money running through the account.

I would say that even on an account with high limits, don't try to sell more than 5 items per week for the first 2 weeks. Then, increase your sales a bit each week. In no time, you can sell the 10-15 items per week that you want to sell.

Just be aware that if your old account was suspended for copyright or trademark infringement and you are planning on selling the same items, the new account will probably suffer the same fate. Even with 100% AUTHENTIC items, it is difficult to sell certain brands on eBay.
Old 06-16-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks that is what I was looking for. Thanks for giving me an idea of what to look for. I was selling items that had no copyright issues. Again I cannot tell you when I was banned and neither do the people that answer the phones for ebay. Strange as I would think they want my business. I am going through appeals but who knows how long it will take.
Old 06-16-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

One other question if I put a listing for 5 of the same items in one listing as you can do now will they count that against my items or would this not be a good way to start. Would a couple of items a week be advisable ? Thanks again for any help.
Old 06-16-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

You are best to start selling only one item.

Then build from there.

Multi variation and multi amount listing should be avoided for the first month Imo.

After your first sale, you can build from there. Hopefully you have feedback, then you can list another item, then 2, then build it up from there. I always advise (and practice) a slow and steady approach for the first 1-3 months.

Others methods may differ, that is only my opinion. Nothing is set in stone and what works for one may not work for another.
Old 06-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

The way I treat my new accounts is very simple: totally random

I tend to list at random times, items that I know will sell for sure. I list when I have time and when I just think it's the right time. Single items, household items, as random as it gets really.
I do that for about a month or so and then keep the random items going, but also start more planned auctions that end over the weekend, prime time.
By the end of 3rd month I tend to have more planned auctions, than random items- But if something hasn't sold then I keep it going, just to get rid of it.

Once month 4 rolls up, I'm selling planned auctions only, low value items mixed in with higher value items.

Because of selling limits are low when you start off, I just tend to sell single items first month and from month two, I tend to max the selling limits:
If you have not goofed up and have successfully sold items during first month, had some feedback and kept yourself 100% in the green, then by the time new month rolls up and you hit the selling limit, you will most likely get a limit rise, that you can again max out before the new month rolls up. Then when the new month rolls up(Month 3), you should be able to max the selling limits by 2nd weekend... That again should cause the limits to be raised.

For me, it's a lot about rolling up months(As you can read) and rolling in general. Its an organic process, totally random and driven by "ah, that feels right" whilst sticking to certain rules: no high volume, no high prices, no high risk, no stupid mistakes.
Old 06-16-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
One other question if I put a listing for 5 of the same items in one listing as you can do now will they count that against my items or would this not be a good way to start. Would a couple of items a week be advisable ? Thanks again for any help.
It depends, what is the price range of each item, and I don't want to know what it is, but is it branded, generic, antique, new, etc...

Lot of factors will determine how many items you should start out listing.

If each item is $1000+ than, you will need to operate very different than if your items are $50 each

Also it's good to always sell some non branded low cost items just to get the sales number up to dilute any defects that the account may get , and to constantly be generating some nice seller feedback

Shipping supplies is something that is good to list, things you use yourself, buy in bulk, and sell in small quantities, shipping supplies, are very popular, and ur probably selling to other sellers that will be more likely to leave feedback
Old 06-17-2015

Longevity: 58%

I sell microsoft, dell, hp, sony, lenovo, ibm, toshiba, samsung, alien, nintendo, sega etc....LOL. I'll actually take what i buy, repair, enhance it, modify it , add some goodies, and resell it! Imagine the crap i deal with
Old 06-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

And never rely only on one account - spread and build
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
H4ck (06-21-2015)
Old 06-18-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thank you to everyone! I really do appreciate this as I never thought I would be here. I cannot understand why they do this.
Old 06-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I cannot understand why they do this.
I asked the same question when I got limited, the day I fully understood Stealth was the day I stopped asking that question.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (06-18-2015)
Old 06-18-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

All incredible helfull, and totally honest IMHO. Good luck!
Old 06-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

One thing I can't say enough is slow doesn't just mean dollar amount or number of items! It also referrers to products you sell because many are considered high risk and accounts with little history will be in trouble.

Most of us suggest to start by selling household type items like you are college kid trying to get a few bucks selling some textbooks or used pair of jeans. Something that makes you look like a real person. No professional listing descriptions keep it simple and take lots of actual pictures. I suggest you do that for the first 10-15 selling feedback then slowly start working in your other products. Its a tedious process now building accounts but taking short cuts and being impatient will just cause even more problems.
Old 06-20-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I cannot thank all of you enough. This is very helpful. I did read the stealth guide but I guess what I am not understanding is I was considering buying ebay accounts from some people on here that sell them but most of them have no age and all have no feedback. Why would I buy this ? Won't the selling limits just be reduced after linking the Paypal account that has not had it withdrawal limits lifted ?? What am I missing ? With it take a really long time to have my selling limits lifted if I do this myself ?
Old 06-21-2015

Longevity: 54%

yeah i like having a lot of ebay accounts anyways i dont have to think about people so much having the attitude of randomly putting in a return request and having it mess with my seller metrics.
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I cannot thank all of you enough. This is very helpful. I did read the stealth guide but I guess what I am not understanding is I was considering buying ebay accounts from some people on here that sell them but most of them have no age and all have no feedback.
If anyone sold accounts with feedback, they would charge you a lot for them.

Quote:
Why would I buy this?
Because not everyone is comfortable making their own, simple as that.

Quote:
Won't the selling limits just be reduced after linking the Paypal account that has not had it withdrawal limits lifted ?? What am I missing ? With it take a really long time to have my selling limits lifted if I do this myself ?
There's your problem, you seem to want to add a different PayPal to an Ebay Account that might already have a PayPal attached....You never do that, ever!

You can't play mix and match....If you do this type of stuff your just wasting your accounts. At the end of the day, you can buy an account from the forum or make your own, which ever you go with make sure to follow all the rules of Stealth.
Old 06-21-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I am not really sure what you mean. I would do one Paypal account per ebay account. I have no issues creating a Paypal account but my point is that I thought that a purchased site would have more value. I can see the time savings but I have seen people selling ebay account for $350 with feedback. Just not recently. I would be willing to pay more for feeback though as I understand to value there.
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Well.....Good Luck.
Old 06-21-2015
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
I am not really sure what you mean. I would do one Paypal account per ebay account. I have no issues creating a Paypal account but my point is that I thought that a purchased site would have more value. I can see the time savings but I have seen people selling ebay account for $350 with feedback. Just not recently. I would be willing to pay more for feeback though as I understand to value there.
You can easily create your own account. That's what eBay Stealth is about. Those who purchase an account feel they do not have time to read the guide to learn how to do it themselves. It amazes me but at the same time I get it.

The forum as a whole is not here to push an account on to you. It's to support those who have purchased the eBay Stealth and Amazon Ghost guides. Any questions you have about purchasing an account should be directed to any of the approved account sellers. The open forum is not a place to discuss such topics.

Last edited by aspkin; 06-22-2015 at 12:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to aspkin For This Useful Post:
TGMT² (06-22-2015)